mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As we led up to the execution, all I saw on the news is how much of a cold blooded killer he was. Most reports called him one of the most feared dictators of the 20th Century. Despite these facts, the world refuses to acknowledge that the U.S. was right in bringing him to justice. In Afghanistan, NATO troops are working togther to keep the country together. But in Iraq, people are too stubborn to admit the U.S. might have been right. So we're responsible for Iraq even though the region benefits by having Saddam Hussein gone.

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the wife beater fights back, should you turn around & leave her to die because you don't want any trouble. Or would you ignore the problem because if you anger the wife beater he might beat his wife more.

I had a neighbor who had her car broken into. We knew who did it but my neighbor did nothing about it because she didn't want to start any trouble or be inconvenienced. A few months later, my car was broken into by the same people or their friends. I called the police & I have kept in touch with the police occasionally if I see the people walking the streets late at night.

Any more so many people are like my neighbor. They don't want to get involved for fear the criminals will hate them more. More people need to stand up against criminals or people like Saddam Hussein instead of appeasing them in the hopes they will just go away.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
If the wife beater fights back, should you turn around & leave her to die because you don't want any trouble. Or would you ignore the problem because if you anger the wife beater he might beat his wife more.

I had a neighbor who had her car broken into. We knew who did it but my neighbor did nothing about it because she didn't want to start any trouble or be inconvenienced. A few months later, my car was broken into by the same people or their friends. I called the police & I have kept in touch with the police occasionally if I see the people walking the streets late at night.

Any more so many people are like my neighbor. They don't want to get involved for fear the criminals will hate them more. More people need to stand up against criminals or people like Saddam Hussein instead of appeasing them in the hopes they will just go away.

And yet Kim Jong Il, who admits to having nukes, sits quietly in power over a country with no oil reserves.

The US cherry picks which dictators it will support or overthrow depending on its perceived needs at the time.

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hate to tell you, if you have problems with the war in Iraq & the 650,000 people being killed there, you're in for a rude awakening in NK. The U.S. will probably lose 3,000 soldiers per week in NK & who knows how many civilians.

Funny how you want to start a war because of a perceived threat by a country. Sounds eerily familiar to say 2003...

Upvote 0
S

Steezie

It's because despite him deserving to die, you must give any man his peace before he dies.

It's called honor. Obviously, that was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Honor is giving a defeated enemy who fought valliantly a break. It also means showing no mercy to someone who would have gladly stabbed you in the back to save his own skin.

Had Saddam behaved honorably and fought honorably, I may have been inclined to mercy. However he did not, using chemical weapons on tens of thousands of his own people and executing countless more.

Personally, I'd have cut his throat myself if I were there. Good riddance to bad rubbish

Upvote 0

Blackness

OH WOW
Nov 21, 2006
✟12,583.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Its sad to see some people who feel bad for this, I am just as happy as the Iraqis that where celebrating. OH NOOO the internet has desenitized mee, lol. I only feel bad for the innocent.

How ever, who knows how worse his afterlife could be, I will pray for him to be saved. (If I were him, I would want people to do that for me).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adammi

A Nicene Christian not in CF's Xians Only Club
Sep 9, 2004
✟26,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The man did some terrible things. There's no one denying that. But, I am adamently AGAINST the death penalty. If every human being is equal in God's eyes, then we are no better than he is. In God's eyes, SIN is SIN. So, all the murders he is responsible for, are no worse than every time we look upon someone with lust or tell a lie or steal something, in God's eyes. SIN is SIN. SIN is WICKED. God doesn't look at one sin as being less wicked than the other.... So, in that respect, we are all still equal in God's eyes; We are sinners, by nature, just as Suddam was. So, how then, if we are equals, do we have the right to take another human's life? Isn't forgiveness what Jesus taught?

Matthew 5:38-4838 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. 43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. 44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I would hope that if someone were to do something as horrible as murder my family, that I would be able to forgive them, eventually. I would hope that through the love of God, I would not hold anger against them in my heart, at least not forever. It would be only natural that through grief I would be angry. But, if I do not let go of that anger; if I do not "surrender it all to Jesus" (As my favorite hymn, "I Surrender All" goes) then that anger will destroy my life. So, not only has the guilty taken away your family's life, they have also taken away your's... Well, that is to say, you have let your anger toward them take away your life.

So, I pray that the families of the victims are able to forgive Suddam, for their sakes.

Does it make all the murders that he is responsible for justified now that he has been executed? Does it take away the pain of the families? Does it give them back their loved ones?

If someone sets a house on fire, does me going and setting another house on fire put the other fire out??? NO!!!

This goes back to the Old Testament's, "AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH." What I think we all too often forget is that we are not living under the same conditions the people of the Old Testament were living in. God spoke directly to people in those days. They knew what the punishment of defying God's law was.

We don't live under those conditions anymore.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that he should have gooten off scotch-free, not at all. I think that he should have been punished, as should everyone that breaks the law (government not God's). But, I think that when you sentence someone to death, that you are essentially playing God. I mean, who is the Giver of Life?... God! .... And then who is the only One who has the right to take away life... GOD!!!

Too, I think we all too often question the things that happen, as is only natural. However, we forget that God has a Master Plan. And that EVERYTHING that happens, happens for a reason and is all apart of His Grand Design.

The Bible Says that God chooses the rulers of nations. So, God is going to put into power who he wants to be in power. And so, Suddam came to power and was allowed to do the horrible things he did for a purpose. And this purpose probably and most likely is, much bigger than we can comprehend. We just have to trust in the Lord that He knows what he is doing... and He does.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
R

RigalCygnos

The most incomprehensible idea to me is this: when a murderer has killed one person or thousands, in whatever way, prolonged, sadistic, cold-blooded, etc. the fact that the murderer is still alive automatically makes his life precious to those against capital punishment.

The suffering of the victims, the suffering of their families, are simply swept aside because nothing can undo what has been done. Because nothing done to the murderer will undo what evil has been done to the victims and their families.

What this says to me is that the victim's lives are worth less because they are dead. That the murderer's life is infinitely precious simply because he is alive.

More value is placed on the muderer, more loving concern about his treatment is demanded, more forgiveness is pleaded for him by those who do so in the name of Christianity. By those who say that only God can judge and punish.

But this is not justice, this is not the way to mourn and honor the dead, the victims of insane, cruel violaters of human beings who, through their own egomaniac pleasures they choose for themselves, completely blasphemed against our Lord God.

The treatment and execution of Saddam Hussein was one of the finest examples of civilized justice ever seen. Taking his life was a very minute action in comparison of what he did to his entire country.

Those who are comfortable and safe enough to condemn and criticize this action must be forgiven because, not being part of the thousands of victims of Saddam and his tortures and barbaric insanities, they simply have a difficult time fully comprehending the anguish of Iraqi people who were his victims.

Reactions: s_gunter
Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟28,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Some of the interviews I've seen with Iraqis show such conflicted emotions. Many of them are against capital punishment but feel this case was so extreme that maybe it was ok, but are still conflicted on it. I just cannot imagine what it must be like for people who lived through Saddam's terror and to see him brought down in such a way. And on top of that, those in Kuwait who lived through him attacking their country. I just hope it allows Iraqis to take another step in the direction of governing their country on their own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gvsuman

College Boy
Mar 29, 2004
Grandville, MI
Visit site
✟8,555.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The most incomprehensible idea to me is this: when a murderer has killed one person or thousands, in whatever way, prolonged, sadistic, cold-blooded, etc. the fact that the murderer is still alive automatically makes his life precious to those against capital punishment.

The suffering of the victims, the suffering of their families, are simply swept aside because nothing can undo what has been done. Because nothing done to the murderer will undo what evil has been done to the victims and their families.

What this says to me is that the victim's lives are worth less because they are dead. That the murderer's life is infinitely precious simply because he is alive.

More value is placed on the muderer, more loving concern about his treatment is demanded, more forgiveness is pleaded for him by those who do so in the name of Christianity. By those who say that only God can judge and punish.

But this is not justice, this is not the way to mourn and honor the dead, the victims of insane, cruel violaters of human beings who, through their own egomaniac pleasures they choose for themselves, completely blasphemed against our Lord God.

The treatment and execution of Saddam Hussein was one of the finest examples of civilized justice ever seen. Taking his life was a very minute action in comparison of what he did to his entire country.

Those who are comfortable and safe enough to condemn and criticize this action must be forgiven because, not being part of the thousands of victims of Saddam and his tortures and barbaric insanities, they simply have a difficult time fully comprehending the anguish of Iraqi people who were his victims.
I couldn't agree more. Hussein had what was coming to him.

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

I, for one, have no problem thanking the Lord when justice is carried out. Yes, this most certainly is His justice. Those (Christians) who somehow think that God does not sometimes carry out His justice through human beings or their governments lack an understanding of the nature of God and the Bible itself. Saddam faced God's temporal justice (through man) today, and if he didn't repent before dying, is facing God's ultimate justice now. Case closed.

This isn't God's justice... For justice to be done by God, one must first be judged by God... God will not judge us until the Great Day of Judgement... We are not living under the same conditions as the people and governments of the Old Testament.

Upvote 0

icedtea

Supporter
Jan 13, 2006
Ohio
✟30,909.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Agreed.
As to the death penalty, it is jsutice. Theivery can be replaced and paid for. It is not our life, however. Guilty people (of murders) must be put to death; it is justice.
It is a statement, this is unacceptable, too wrong to keep living and being fed, etc.

Upvote 0
C

Caleb89

Agreed.
As to the death penalty, it is jsutice. Theivery can be replaced and paid for. It is not our life, however. Guilty people (of murders) must be put to death; it is justice.
It is a statement, this is unacceptable, too wrong to keep living and being fed, etc.

But how does this help the families of the victims? Does it bring back their loved ones? Does it take away all of their pain so that they can rejoice in Suddam's death? And if it does, what does that say about them?

Upvote 0