United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Aye. I observe the Sabbath on Saturday.
hello I am working on putting a sabbatarian section together. I have petitioned CF in the "suggest new fourms" section. I was wondering if you would like to support the idea by posting your support on that thread.

Thank-you

icedragon

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
It is very clear from scripture that the sabbath Jesus kept by visiting synagogues and teaching the truth from the scriptures is NOT Sunday OR Saturday, or any other Roman-style day, BUT rather a Hebrew-style day, starting at sunset in jerusalem for all the world AT THE SAME time for everyone world wide [Goid never said anything about keeping our paradoxical modern world time system , and it makes a big DIFFERENCE whne pleasing God by keeping His sabbaths if one keeps them or the days Satan has changed for men to rest on]

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Isaiah 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant;

Upvote 0

dr.p

next year's turkey dinner
Nov 28, 2004
here
✟984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
have you looked at the sabbath section in the main 'suggest new features sections.
I have looked, but I haven't decided on it yet, icedragon101. Will there be any "if you don't keep the sabbath on Saturday, then you're no in line with scripture?" I'd like to avoid that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Are there any sabbath keepers here? Saturday

I'm curious...why do you call someone who observes the
sabbath on Saturday a "sabbath keeper"? Would not
this term apply to anyone who observes shabbas, no
matter what day of the week it is?
thanks
:wave:

Upvote 0

Loveaboveall

Mar 14, 2007
✟8,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious...why do you call someone who observes the
sabbath on Saturday a "sabbath keeper"? Would not
this term apply to anyone who observes shabbas, no
matter what day of the week it is?
thanks
:wave:

Is the term "Sabbath" ever used that way in the bible? If not, how can you justify a usage other then what the bible uses?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 5, 2008
✟15,145.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
My Spirit supports the Sabbath on friday at dusk to saturday at dusk.. this is the way of the Trinitarian Order Monks in Restoration.
When working long shifts in preparation, duties must continue to be done so a differt day can be used as the Sabbath. Isaiah 56:14

Upvote 0

Loveaboveall

Mar 14, 2007
✟8,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Spirit supports the Sabbath on friday at dusk to saturday at dusk.. this is the way of the Trinitarian Order Monks in Restoration.
When working long shifts in preparation, duties must continue to be done so a differt day can be used as the Sabbath. Isaiah 56:14

Something tells me you referenced the wrong scripture;)

Upvote 0

ec4v12

Don't give up the sheep!
Mar 3, 2011
Here
Visit site
✟7,618.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I are both believers. Her heritage is Jewish mine is good-old pagan. We chewed on this question for quite some time and after doing a lot of reading we discovered that the Rabbis held that one could "extend" the Shabbat for up to 2 days. So on Friday evening we begin our shabbat (it runs from sundown Fri to sundown Sat) and we "observe" it until sundown on the Lord's Day. We don't do this out a a sense of "got to" but as a family tradition/custom. I can tell you that observing the Shabbat;Fri-Sat really prepares us for gathering with our brothers and sisters on the Lord's Day.

Upvote 0

johnpaul7779

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
✟7,650.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I keep Saturday sabbath now. It's hard to worship when most Christians follow Sunday. You have to either go on Saturday eve or become a Seventh Day Adventist. If anyone who worships on Saturday also can offer tips, I'd like to know more about how you are able to worship with other Christians.

Reactions: sahjimira
Upvote 0