USA
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tools on our toolbelt. Evidence of much learning, observing, experience and scars. Tools are necessary in ministry and life.

I remember when I first learned how to properly cut up a chicken. I crunched through some bones I shouldn't have and more than once couldn't get the 'wishbone' properly cut out.

Sometimes, I had to call Daddy on the phone and have him walk me through it. It took some time, but through much practice and following his advice I got it.

This week, my daughter was using a large, chef-quality, razor-sharp knife to chop rosemary. She had seen the chefs on the Food Network chop, chop, chop a hundred times.

In her mind, she figured she could just mindlessly mimic their moves and get the same results....four hours and seven stitches later she realized that no, it was a tad bit more complicated than it looked.

Owning the tool isn't the same as mastering it. She's been given the tool, but there is an active role she will play in moving into true possession. It will involve attentiveness, obedience, and practice. And it will all pay off in the end as God will bless her labor.

She'll have a tool, more worn for wear, but useful as it hangs on her belt.
God has been showing me so many examples that are slightly akin to the Israelites moving from the wilderness to the promised land.

A wilderness mentality has kept so many of us unskilled. We expect something to just 'happen' instead of realizing God wants to bless whatever we put our hand to. How many of us sit on our bottoms in the Promised Land, gazing up in the sky, with a growling tummy....wondering where our manna is?

When all the while he is wanting us to plant a vineyard, build a storehouse, milk the cow so that He can bless it so that we may bless others with the overflow.

That wilderness mentality has kept more than one child of God on the sidelines fearful of seeking more than just manna from the sky for themselves.
He sent the Holy Spirit to come alongside to bless and empower us to be active participants.

I'm proud of my girl for wanting to master these skills...and it's making me realize how thankful I am for the teachers in my own life whom the Lord has blessed me with. :)

Questioning Christian

Sep 7, 2004
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
375x375

Upvote 0

Honoured

Jun 1, 2007
✟15,333.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
That is very good. I recently heard it this way: I can sit in the garage for 10 years but that is not going to make me a car. A car can sit in the garage for 10 years but that is not what it is made for.
We have been made so much in our Lord Jesus Christ - but until we start doing and living what we have been developed for we can never reach the potential God has for us.

Reactions: handmaiden97
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.