Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are cat fountains that recycle the water, so the water is essentially running. I used to have a cat who would not drink still water at all.

I tried some out for my cat. There were too many parts to clean and she still went to the bathroom sink I turn on for her. So all of them were returned. Daisy now has CRF, so she also drinks a lot of still water as well. Before her diagnosis, she rarely drank from the water bowl. You would not believe how often I went in and out of my bathroom. She used my sink a lot more than I did.

• Informative
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If your cat progresses with their kidney problems, be sure to ask your vet about using water packs, (Ringer's solution) that you put under the skin with an IV. I do that about twice a week for my cat. It is pretty inexpensive and does seem to really help.

That is a totally different topic. Many people think it helps, but in reality those treatments only put off the inevitable. I could never put my own cat through that. Thank God Daisy drinks from a bowl now, not only my bathroom sink.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My previous cat developed skin cancer on her nose which I didn't detect soon enough. I did something similar for her final weeks of life until I finally found the courage to have her put to sleep. It didn't seem to hurt her even though the needle seemed pretty big.

The first shot is the same anesthetic veterinarians use for all surgeries, biopsies, and dental cleanings. So the cat is totally unaware of the pentobarbitol injection.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I tried some out for my cat. There were too many parts to clean and she still went to the bathroom sink I turn on for her. So all of them were returned. Daisy now has CRF, so she also drinks a lot of still water as well. Before her diagnosis, she rarely drank from the water bowl. You would not believe how often I went in and out of my bathroom. She used my sink a lot more than I did.
Yeah, my Siamese was a sink drinker, too. :)

Upvote 0

Hazelnut

Feb 27, 2020
Kansas
✟9,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last edited: