Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I got a laugh when I read the title of the thread, I thought, "Wow some people really don't know when they are beaten."

Then I noticed when the OP was written and laughed harder because the idea that Moore still thinks he's got a shot in hell of winning doesn't seem to be out of character either.

So...

Thank you kind necromancer for the dual laugh.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not about the outcome of the election, but I don't want to waste another thread on Roy Moore.

Moore, the Republican nominee in Alabama's 2017 U.S. Senate special election, has called a press conference for Wednesday to "announce further actions against new defendants for defamation of character and reputation during the U.S. Senate Election of December 2017."
RoyMoore said:
"And even the press should be able to see a political conspiracy. It's what it is. We've got it documented.
It may be a political conspiracy - it is politics, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if he weren't involved in a few over the years.

I'm prepared to go through depositions.
Um, it's a trial. He knows, or should know, how trials work, so does he think this makes him special somehow?

I've taken a lie detector test. Have you heard of anyone else taking a lie detector test? I don't think so.
People take them all the time, but they're not admissible, as he knows or should know, because they are so very flawed, both ways.

We're saying that this has been warped by the press, by the media and the people have been blinded and cannot see the proof."
Ah, Fake News defense! Humph, could be, I don't know whether it's true or not - the law presumes his innocence, but he is known for running roughshod over the law.

I was surprised at Wikipedia's harsh bio of him, but it gave this as a cite, and the NewYorker is actually known for its strenuous fact checking and research.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Still not about the election, but I still don't want to waste another thread on Roy Moore.

Now he's suing Sacha Baron Cohen.

i figure because you can't just hangout at the mall anymore these days.
i figure wooing teens aint cheap. you need to give them iphones and stuff so he needs all the money he can get.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Still not about the election, but I still don't want to waste another thread on Roy Moore.

A judge has sided with comedian Sacha Baron Cohen and Showtime and against Roy Moore in a bid to relocate the hearing of a defamation case filed by the former Alabama Chief Justice.

In their defense, Showtime and Cohen pointed to a consent agreement signed by Moore that included a provision that any disputes be heard in New York. Moore is arguing the consent agreement is void due to fraud and said he was tricked into flying to Washington to accept a fake award from Israel.

Moore attorney Larry Klayman said the defendants wanted the case moved to New York because it is a “more favorable venue given the leftist slant of the judiciary.”

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Sacha Baron Cohen beats ex-judge Roy Moore’s defamation appeal

• The court said the interview was constitutionally protected speech, agreeing with a lower court judge that it was “clearly comedy and that no reasonable viewer would conclude otherwise.”
  • The court also said Moore waived his right to pursue his $95 million lawsuit by signing a standard consent agreement before the interview.

Upvote 0