Rough times/ facing persecution in the U.S.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evil sure is persistent. I can only hope things don't escalate even further for those of us facing persecution as I can see it seems that we are unable to prevent the descent of the overall atmosphere of our society as of late.
It is the folding over to the reprobate mind that signals the end of a culture. This is a nation of Nabals.

1 Samuel 25:3 KJV
3. Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail: and she was a woman of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb.
1 Samuel 25:17 KJV
17. Now therefore know and consider what thou wilt do; for evil is determined against our master, and against all his household: for he is such a son of Belial, that a man cannot speak to him.

1 Samuel 25:25 KJV
25. Let not my lord, I pray thee, regard this man of Belial, even Nabal: for as his name is, so is he; Nabal is his name, and folly is with him: but I thine handmaid saw not the young men of my lord, whom thou didst send.

Nabal means foolish...

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Important to fellowship together. The Lord has been telling people that lone wolf believers will struggle alone. But persecution has the effect of driving the unbelievers out.
Also consider the link below my signature.

I would if I could find other believers but it seems the vast majority of Christians and churches are now deceived by the false prosperity Gospel.

I tried fellowshipping with these Christians I just don't fit in anymore, my spirit can't tolerate their unbiblical doctrines anymore.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would if I could find other believers but it seems the vast majority of Christians and churches are now deceived by the false prosperity Gospel.

I tried fellowshipping with these Christians I just don't fit in anymore, my spirit can't tolerate their unbiblical doctrines anymore.
Most that I know refer to the Biblical definition of "prosperity." So don't get turned off every time you hear the word. You will have to stop reading the Bible. The word prosper in it's forms can be found almost 100 times.
I believe everything is included in the atonement. Jesus gave us everything we need. Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law with His body and blood. We pray in His name. I would not so easily dismiss and despise what He has done for us. Hebrews talks about treading the blood of Jesus underfoot as if it were a common thing. Also 1 Corinthians speaks about failing to discern (appreciate, see the value) of the Lord's body. As a result many of them were sickly, weak, and died young. So do not dismiss so quickly what the Lord has done for us due to the excess of some. Don't freak out every time you hear the word prosper. There is a Biblical precedence for prosperity. Not golden fixtures and private jets, but needs met and reaping the good things you so.
Peace.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Most that I know refer to the Biblical definition of "prosperity." So don't get turned off every time you hear the word. You will have to stop reading the Bible. The word prosper in it's forms can be found almost 100 times.
I believe everything is included in the atonement. Jesus gave us everything we need. Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law with His body and blood. We pray in His name. I would not so easily dismiss and despise what He has done for us. Hebrews talks about treading the blood of Jesus underfoot as if it were a common thing. Also 1 Corinthians speaks about failing to discern (appreciate, see the value) of the Lord's body. As a result many of them were sickly, weak, and died young. So do not dismiss so quickly what the Lord has done for us due to the excess of some. Don't freak out every time you hear the word prosper. There is a Biblical precedence for prosperity. Not golden fixtures and private jets, but needs met and reaping the good things you so.
Peace.

In the New Testament, Jesus clarified what prosperity really means.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[a] and life.

What the devil used to tempt Jesus with: lusts of the flesh like material prosperity

What Jesus meant by 'full of life' or prosperity: Things that concern the Spirit. because the flesh counts for nothing.

Prosperity have entirely different meanings between Jesus and the devil. The latter concerns material prosperity only and any counterfeit notion of spirituality that led to the fall of the Pharisees.

The devil comes only to steal and kill and destroy and his favorite weapon is worldly wealth. It steals - exploits the weak for the cheap labor and desperation, kills - the environmental impact of money-making, and destroy - by blinding you from the truth.

Abraham became rich for a reason, he would have become the foundation of a great nation. Joseph saved so many lives. But wealth and power nearly destroyed King David. It almost destroyed King Solomon until he lost everything. Only after he lost everything that King Solomon received real wisdom from the Lord - Ecclesiastes - but Christians would rather read Proverbs. King Solomon's worldly wisdom BEFORE his redemption.

It all ended in the New Testament. We have no longer have any purpose to live a life of privilege as it will only blind us from the truth. Everything became a test. Even the Bible became a test.

Of course, most Christians don't know. They have more time with worldly things than seeking the truth. Fellowships with equally deceived Christians who are the only ones who can understand their worldly love because that's where their heart really is.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

While I don't think wealth is inherently bad, when things are kept in perspective, treating it as a measure of one's faith or value as a human being is wrong. Not merely misguided, but antithetical to Christianity.

Most of us are richer or poorer than somebody else, and financial status is subject to change over time. That's why wedding vows traditionally included the line "for richer or poorer".

The good fruit that we should look for in ourselves and other believers is the Fruit of the Spirit. Not money. Although it is possible to have both, it's wrong to confuse the latter with the former.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Genstt

Nov 22, 2021
Ocala, FL, United States
✟15,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I do feel like so many people out their are either deceivers or deceived. It is increasingly a rotten, evil world we live in.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah... John was totally deceived when he wrote:

3 John 1:2 KJV
2. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

What was he thinking???
:waaah:

Upvote 0

Serendipitous Waffle

Jul 18, 2023
Viken
✟55,420.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
my spirit can't tolerate their unbiblical doctrines anymore.
That hit me hard, because that's the way I feel. It seems many Christians today are in one of two categories. A) Those who follow what Jesus Christ taught and accept that he is God and that his word IS law and B) Those who feel like Christians but try to make Jesus Christ "conform" to their ideals and beliefs because they don't like His laws as they oppose what they wish to do.

I'd love to help in any way I can, however I don't know what type of persecution you're going through. Are you a targeted individual? I.e. "gang stalking"? Or is it something else? I believe as time continues, us Christians will be persecuted more and more and we need to stick together. May the Lord watch over you, friend in whatever you may face.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the New Testament, Jesus clarified what prosperity really means.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[a] and life.

What the devil used to tempt Jesus with: lusts of the flesh like material prosperity

What Jesus meant by 'full of life' or prosperity: Things that concern the Spirit. because the flesh counts for nothing.

Prosperity have entirely different meanings between Jesus and the devil. The latter concerns material prosperity only and any counterfeit notion of spirituality that led to the fall of the Pharisees.

The devil comes only to steal and kill and destroy and his favorite weapon is worldly wealth. It steals - exploits the weak for the cheap labor and desperation, kills - the environmental impact of money-making, and destroy - by blinding you from the truth.

Abraham became rich for a reason, he would have become the foundation of a great nation. Joseph saved so many lives. But wealth and power nearly destroyed King David. It almost destroyed King Solomon until he lost everything. Only after he lost everything that King Solomon received real wisdom from the Lord - Ecclesiastes - but Christians would rather read Proverbs. King Solomon's worldly wisdom BEFORE his redemption.

It all ended in the New Testament. We have no longer have any purpose to live a life of privilege as it will only blind us from the truth. Everything became a test. Even the Bible became a test.

Of course, most Christians don't know. They have more time with worldly things than seeking the truth. Fellowships with equally deceived Christians who are the only ones who can understand their worldly love because that's where their heart really is.
Are you sitting at a computer right now writing this? Or are you on a 1,000-dollar phone? Or maybe a very expensive IPAD? I assume you have a car, maybe a house? Do you have life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, electricity, running water, internet, maybe a gas line? How about a frig full of food and a stocked pantry? How about the retirement plan and the 401k?
You are richer than most of the people in the New Testament. You are prosperous beyond their wildest dreams.
I am always amazed when I hear people sitting on a pile of riches, talking about how evil prosperity is.
Really amazing.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am always amazed when I hear people sitting on a pile of riches, talking about how evil prosperity is.
Really amazing.

I'm not proud of it. But consider how else would the message be spread?

BTW, I'm using an 11 year old computer and my phone is 7 years old that was worth $80 (used) when I bought it. I need these things for working at home including electricity and internet.

I'm not an American, I live in a poor country. No insurance, fridge is mostly empty and I'm a little bit underweight and malnourished. I commute by bicycle up to a distance of 40 miles (80 miles round trip in the same day).

If I get any major illness my only options are miracle, home remedies, and death.

I'm pretty skinny if my avatar makes it obvious enough and that's from insufficient calories in my daily nutrition.

Maybe I'm a little biased by my perspective of wealth because here in my poor country there's massive gap in the quality of life of those "who has" and those "who has not"

I read about countries like Denmark or Finland and it's quite different there. Everyone had qood quality of life. The quality of life of workers isn't so different compared to their employers or business owners. Government officials in these countries don't go around like crime bosses and they are much nicer and doesn't abuse their power. I begin to wonder if it has something to do with distribution of wealth. Because the government officials of these countries are not obscenely richer than the working class citizens.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That hit me hard, because that's the way I feel. It seems many Christians today are in one of two categories. A) Those who follow what Jesus Christ taught and accept that he is God and that his word IS law and B) Those who feel like Christians but try to make Jesus Christ "conform" to their ideals and beliefs because they don't like His laws as they oppose what they wish to do.

I'd love to help in any way I can, however I don't know what type of persecution you're going through. Are you a targeted individual? I.e. "gang stalking"? Or is it something else? I believe as time continues, us Christians will be persecuted more and more and we need to stick together. May the Lord watch over you, friend in whatever you may face.

B) is sadly in epidemic proportions today and many Christians don't even know it because they either don't read the Bible or "cherry-pick" their Bible reading.

My persecution. The Devil himself attacks me. No, he's not trying to possess me but just plain sabotaging things in my life. Like having bad luck all the time. A relative is also subjecting me and my mom to abuse, mainly in the form of bullying. The abuser is a Christian.

It's proving impossible to remain "productive" under these conditions and been failing to do my job as well and have been causing major financial difficulties in the last few years.

Upvote 0

Genstt

Nov 22, 2021
Ocala, FL, United States
✟15,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Timwerx, I am sorry that is happening to you. I hope things get better.

I think I've been posting here since 2020. I had a different account that I lost access to before this one. In those several years it seem like things have gotten worse. Not necessarily for me, but the problem seems to be spreading from what I've learned reading through many different sites and media sources.
One thing is that people don't seem to care much. Although it could be that some of those are afraid that the trouble might extend to them as well if they try to help.
I've also noticed that many people these days try to avoid anythimg negative as if it doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've also noticed that many people these days try to avoid anythimg negative as if it doesn't exist.

They're only doing this to benefit themselves. Addressing the negative things itself and if you can succeed in fixing it will benefit not just yourself but also many other people. The latter is much harder work obviously and often prone to failure and much disappointments and trouble.

Avoiding anything negative or "positive thinking" seems to have become the philosophy these days to attract "prosperity", is yet another form of "mammon worship", selfishness or even greed. Even Christians do this now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums