Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The only answer to the situation is for both Israel and the Palestinians to recognize each others right to co-exist. If they can get by that you proceed from there.

The Palestinians need to stop their terrorism as well as their alignment with terrorist factions.

Israel needs to stop their oppression of Palestinians, and stop taking land from Palestinian families. One can certainly see their hatred towards Israel when they take their home.

Historically and ethnically these people are related.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm waiting for everyone to start saying that Mitt's the antichrist, but I suppose he has to get into office first?
That won't happen because it is only the far right conservatives which make these antichrist claims.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This isn't a thread about solving the problems in the middle east. It is merely a thread for all those who THINK Romney has a different stance on it than Obama.

The FACT is, MOST of his policies will be NO different than Obama's.

I won't even begin to talk about the 4.8 trillion he's adding to the deficit in his first yr in office.:D:wave:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, looks like Mitt the Twit is trying to mimic an Obama WH.

He's now pushing for a 2 state solution, much to the chagrin of many evangelicals.

I don't see why this idea should agitate anyone. After all, it was the United States' position for decades until Obama switched to a one-state (Palestine) solution.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why this idea should agitate anyone. After all, it was the United States' position for decades until Obama switched to a one-state (Palestine) solution.

Yeah, that's his position. Place the Israeli under Palestinian authority.

Way to interpret his resolve.:doh:

How bout some facts now.

Where are those on the right who favor a two state solution?:confused:

Everytime anyone mentions humanitarian and Palestine in the same sentence they are immediately labeled an anti semite.

And anytime anyone on the L mentions the possibility of a two state solution, folks on the R start with the same rhetoric.

Look, i am glad Romney is "saying" this stuff. But historically, he is ALWAYS changing his tune depending on his audience. So, I can't really believe what he's saying, that is unless he's talking about the 47% who paid no federal income tax last yr. You know, our grandparents who worked their entire lives but somehow NEVER managed to take personal responsibility for themselves.

Maybe granny needed to work until she was 85 until she cashed in on grandpa's SSI after he died of lung cancer at 58 years old b/c he spent 70hrs a week in a coal mine for 39 yrs. :doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The only answer to the situation is for both Israel and the Palestinians to recognize each others right to co-exist. If they can get by that you proceed from there.

The Palestinians need to stop their terrorism as well as their alignment with terrorist factions.

Israel needs to stop their oppression of Palestinians, and stop taking land from Palestinian families. One can certainly see their hatred towards Israel when they take their home.

Historically and ethnically these people are related.
very well said

This isn't a thread about solving the problems in the middle east. It is merely a thread for all those who THINK Romney has a different stance on it than Obama.

The FACT is, MOST of his policies will be NO different than Obama's.

I won't even begin to talk about the 4.8 trillion he's adding to the deficit in his first yr in office.:D:wave:
yeah, they agree on a lot
that is not a bad thing, they are both americans, both of them are politicians. I mean you can not expect them to disagree on everything
I would assume any rational person would see that a two state solution is needed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that's his position. Place the Israeli under Palestinian authority.

Way to interpret his resolve.:doh:

How bout some facts now.

Where are those on the right who favor a two state solution?:confused:

Everytime anyone mentions humanitarian and Palestine in the same sentence they are immediately labeled an anti semite.

And anytime anyone on the L mentions the possibility of a two state solution, folks on the R start with the same rhetoric.

Since you ask, I really don't assess the Israel-Palestine problem in terms of which political group in the USA I like or dislike. The issue stands on its own, and I'm glad to see that you agree with me that Romney's position, like it or not, is the traditional American one while Obama has tilted towards the Palestinians. As you suggest, it's always good to have the facts straight.

Look, i am glad Romney is "saying" this stuff. But historically, he is ALWAYS changing his tune depending on his audience.

Oh, that's just silly. Both men had to adopt a certain stance in order to win their nominations over strong opponents and then moderated that stance in the general election. And it is commonly done, nothing that is new with Obama and Romney, although it may seem sensational to those who do not have a lot of experience with political campaigns.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you ask, I really don't assess the Israel-Palestine problem in terms of which political group in the USA I like or dislike. The issue stands on its own, and I'm glad to see that you agree with me that Romney's position, like it or not, is the traditional American one while Obama has tilted towards the Palestinians. As you suggest, it's always good to have the facts straight.

Oh, that's just silly. Both men had to adopt a certain stance in order to win their nominations over strong opponents and then moderated that stance in the general election. And it is commonly done, nothing that is new with Obama and Romney, although it may seem sensational to those who do not have a lot of experience with political campaigns.

I disagree wholly with your assertion that a two state solution is popular opinion. It MAY be, probably is, among us citizens, but the evangelical position is FAR from that.

And I was being sarcastic. Obama favors the Israeli position moreso than the two state solution. He's hoping they can settle this without global intervention. However, he likely feels it futile since we've been allowing them to try it on their own since forever.

And Obama's only "radical" stance is to give them back the west bank. He feels Jerusalem should be governed by both, INTER dependent nations.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
very well said

yeah, they agree on a lot
that is not a bad thing, they are both americans, both of them are politicians. I mean you can not expect them to disagree on everything
I would assume any rational person would see that a two state solution is needed

I think as Americans with eyes and ears, they would feel similarly that the Israeli's measures to restore peace in their borders has failed and that global intervention to the tune of a two state treaty is "likely" necessary......but.......

My point is that Mitt changes his tune more than we change socks. Today is one position, tomorrow, a completely and totally different opinion, and NOT just on this.

Depending on the audience, he has a different policy position to suit his ambitions of ruling over america. I honestly DON'T believe Romney wants to be POTUS because he thinks he can help......NO.....IMO, he wants to become POTUS b/c it's an achievement.

This is nothing but a boxing match to him. So he's got to throw a low blow here, an elbow there, tie up his opponent there to push his guy against the ropes, heh, as long as the ref aint deducting a point, he can fight as dirty as he wants. And when he get's clocked on his flip flopping......oh, they all do it. HOAKIE.
3 months between policy changes is one thing....you got time to consider certain things and you got more advisers, even past challengers lending you their potions, but Mitt......he changes his opinions daily. Heck, he's got his campaign spokespeople correcting him 10 minutes after he's off the stump. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think as Americans with eyes and ears, they would feel similarly that the Israeli's measures to restore peace in their borders has failed and that global intervention to the tune of a two state treaty is "likely" necessary......but.......

My point is that Mitt changes his tune more than we change socks. Today is one position, tomorrow, a completely and totally different opinion, and NOT just on this.

Depending on the audience, he has a different policy position to suit his ambitions of ruling over america. I honestly DON'T believe Romney wants to be POTUS because he thinks he can help......NO.....IMO, he wants to become POTUS b/c it's an achievement.

This is nothing but a boxing match to him. So he's got to throw a low blow here, an elbow there, tie up his opponent there to push his guy against the ropes, heh, as long as the ref aint deducting a point, he can fight as dirty as he wants. And when he get's clocked on his flip flopping......oh, they all do it. HOAKIE.
3 months between policy changes is one thing....you got time to consider certain things and you got more advisers, even past challengers lending you their potions, but Mitt......he changes his opinions daily. Heck, he's got his campaign spokespeople correcting him 10 minutes after he's off the stump. :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
There are those that call America a "Christian nation" but it really is not. It's a nation founded on Christian principles.

That said, we have the "Zionist faction" of the church, that thinks anything Israel does is alright because they're God's "chosen people" and entitled to that land. Therefore, we kind of have a "self fulfilling prophecy" going on because for the most part the "Zionist factions" close their eyes to everything Israel does right or wrong.

How do you do that when you read passages like this?:

Romans 2:11:
11 For there is no partiality with God.

Galatians 3:6-29
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s descendants, heirs according to promise.

Ephesians 2:19-22
19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God’s household,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,
21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,
22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

Does God mean what he says?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

It’s a dispensationalist theology. How do we explain the Assyrian conquest of Israel in 722 BC and then the Babylonian conquest of Judah in 568? BC, if the Israelites were the chosen race?

A strict adherence to the sacrificial system didn’t work for Israel and Judah, and now people like Grant Jeffrey were saying that the Israelis are making all the bits for the third temple, without realising that all that was supposed to have been done away with, and is no longer valid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

I notice that there aren't any specifics in that analysis. Give us a few so we know what you're talking about. You know, like Obama said he'd sit down and talk with anyone, a dictator or whatever, but he's done less of it than any president in recent history. Or that he'd said he run a squeeky clean administration without lobbyists but his appointees are a who's who of lobbyists and special interests. Or that he said he'd reach across the aisle when making decisions on policy and then told the Republicans that they could sit in the back because his men were calling the shots on healthcare.

Examples like those.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It’s a dispensationalist theology. How do we explain the Assyrian conquest of Israel in 722 BC and then the Babylonian conquest of Judah in 568? BC, if the Israelites were the chosen race?

A strict adherence to the sacrificial system didn’t work for Israel and Judah, and now people like Grant Jeffrey were saying that the Israelis are making all the bits for the third temple, without realising that all that was supposed to have been done away with, and is no longer valid.
Oh yeah! I get where it comes from. I attend SBC church, I love the fellowship, but when it comes to this...their view is just flat wrong!...yet it shows the inconsistency in their theology.

We can see the prophecies of Jeremiah, Daniel, and Isaiah in Israel's being conquered...so I undertstand those. They happened because of Israel's sin as a nation. So I get that

When I was first saved I accepted that "Chosen People" idea until I began to mature as a Christian and read comparing scripture with scripture. My first pastor would say "search it out in the Word of God.", well I did, and I think he's wrong.

Many times it's people being prideful and adhering to their theology and how they were taught that keeps them from seeing the truth of the Word.

When Jesus said to Jerusalem "Behold your land is left to you desolate"...He meant that!

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I notice that there aren't any specifics in that analysis. Give us a few so we know what you're talking about. You know, like Obama said he'd sit down and talk with anyone, a dictator or whatever, but he's done less of it than any president in recent history. Or that he'd said he run a squeeky clean administration without lobbyists but his appointees are a who's who of lobbyists and special interests. Or that he said he'd reach across the aisle when making decisions on policy and then told the Republicans that they could sit in the back because his men were calling the shots on healthcare.

Examples like those.

Romney at 3 PM......... I don't have any new abortion legislation that I am considering.
Romney's team at 3:30...........Uh no. Our candidate is pro life and he will sign any and all prolife legislation.

Romney at 4 PM..........I think the best solution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict is a two state, interdependent nation.
Romney's team at 5PM.......Uh no. Our candidate believes we should kick the ball down the field and hope somehow peace comes from it.:doh:No negotiating with those terrorist Muslims.:sorry:

Romney......those old steel mill workers who are dying of lung cancer and recieve their SSI checks, they are a drain on our society. They refuse to take personal responsibility for their own lives.
Romney a week after the tape is released......oh no, what 5 trillion in tax cuts for my cronies. I care about all 100% of the nation. I won't make granny pay an extra 6000/yr for her supplemental medicare coverage.:doh::doh::doh:

Bullying weaker kids in HS, and bullying the poor, elderly, women as an adult. But somehow, we're gonna vote for him cuz he aint that negro from Kenya.:doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Romney at 3 PM......... I don't have any new abortion legislation that I am considering.
Romney's team at 3:30...........Uh no. Our candidate is pro life and he will sign any and all prolife legislation.

There isn't any change there.

Romney at 4 PM..........I think the best solution to the Israeli Palestinian conflict is a two state, interdependent nation.
Romney's team at 5PM.......Uh no. Our candidate believes we should kick the ball down the field and hope somehow peace comes from it.:doh:No negotiating with those terrorist Muslims.:sorry:

Do you expect us to believe that "Romney's team" (who's that?) released a statement that read, "Our candidate believes we should kick the ball down the field and hope somehow peace comes from it?"

Romney......those old steel mill workers who are dying of lung cancer and recieve their SSI checks, they are a drain on our society. They refuse to take personal responsibility for their own lives.
Romney a week after the tape is released......oh no, what 5 trillion in tax cuts for my cronies. I care about all 100% of the nation. I won't make granny pay an extra 6000/yr for her supplemental medicare coverage.

None of that is true.

Bullying weaker kids in HS, and bullying the poor, elderly, women as an adult. But somehow, we're gonna vote for him cuz he aint that negro from Kenya.:doh::doh::doh:

Well, you've just abandoned any claim to credibility on the earlier points, you know. (And it's not nearly as humorous as you must think it to be, either.)

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There isn't any change there.

Do you expect us to believe that "Romney's team" (who's that?) released a statement that read, "Our candidate believes we should kick the ball down the field and hope somehow peace comes from it?"

None of that is true.

Well, you've just abandoned any claim to credibility on the earlier points, you know. (And it's not nearly as humorous as you must think it to be, either.)

FACT.....Romney taught Mormonism as a bishop in his church. He proselytized for a long time in France and other places. His teachings are that ALL good mormons will be on the same level as God ALmighty.

However, some are taught they can begin their ascent to the throne while still on earth.

OPINION......Romney is on his ascent.:sorry:

Upvote 0