Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LOL you are arguing with yourself again. I never said any of that...again with Passover...what does that have aything to do with any of this? Why do you keep bringing this up? Again, you can believe whatever you want to...

Passover is one of those "Bible approved holy days" of Romans 14 - that Paul defends.
By contrast "pagan holy days" are flat out condemned by Paul in Gal 4.

Romans 14 gives two examples in Bible-approved activity.

eating meat vs vegetables-only
observing one day above another vs observing every day

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Passover is one of those "Bible approved holy days" of Romans 14 - that Paul defends.

Yeah so? The 2 verses have nothing to do with each other, YOU are forcing them to...as I said, go read some commentaries on it, there are many...but again, believe what you want to...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yeah so? The 2 verses have nothing to do with each other, YOU are forcing them to...as I said, go read some commentaries on it, there are many...but again, believe what you want to...

are you making a point or just general sweeping claims?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
are you making a point or just general sweeping claims?

LOL, I posted that over a month ago! My point? We disagree and you can believe whatever you need to...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LOL you are arguing with yourself again. I never said any of that...again with Passover...what does that have aything to do with any of this? Why do you keep bringing this up? Again, you can believe whatever you want to...

That is YOUR interpretation.

No translations written by me... I let the Bible translators provide the interpretation into a language I read.. then.. I read. :)

Paul fully explains the "vegetarian" vs 'meat eating' issue in 1 Cor 8 and 10. I am happy to let "Paul" explain "Paul".

IF there is "a detail" actually in the text -- you would like to discuss -- I am always open to that as well.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

No translations written by me... I let the Bible translators provide the interpretation into a language I read.. then.. I read. :)

Paul fully explains the "vegetarian" vs 'meat eating' issue in 1 Cor 8 and 10. I am happy to let "Paul" explain "Paul".

IF there is "a detail" actually in the text -- you would like to discuss -- I am always open to that as well.

OK, I see all you want to do is argue. Not interested. You are conflating 2 separate issues and 2 separate verses and forcing them together. If that is what you have to do to get where you need to be, then go right ahead! We disagree and you can believe whatever you need to...Shalom

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OK, I see all you want to do is argue.

Not so -- all I am doing is looking at "the details" in Romans 14 and 1Cor 8 about "vegetarian vs meat eating"... because "details matter".

In my prior post I said this --

=========================

========================

You call that being argumentative -- I call it the information I find in Rom 14 and 1Cor 8.

To each his own.

I am fine if you prefer to discuss some other topic on some other thread instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Right. Today that could be something like getting caught up in astrology or palm readers or taking tarot cards seriously (to a level of mystic faith in them) or such. Of course these are easy examples. It gets more serious for those in churches when for instance some in the church want to parade the flag up the isle, making it symbolically equal to the cross for instance. Then is a time for knowing scriptures that will help, such as these you just quoted helpfully here.

....or bringing a tree into one's house and decorating it with silver and gold.

Upvote 0