Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In which country did everybody carry swords during the Middle Ages ?
Nobles who were in service to their King?
Certainly there was sword carrying in England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Japan, and China.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Here in Detroit, there have been protests every day. But, peaceful for the most part. The mayor has instituted an 8 o'clock curfew. They have been arresting people who demonstrate after that time. But there hasn't been the looting that is happening in other states. They marched pretty close to my house as they made their way downtown. But, kept moving and didn't damage anything.

• Prayers
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here in Detroit, there have been protests every day. But, peaceful for the most part. The mayor has instituted an 8 o'clock curfew. They have been arresting people who demonstrate after that time. But there hasn't been the looting that is happening in other states. They marched pretty close to my house as they made their way downtown. But, kept moving and didn't damage anything.

Well, I'm glad to hear there hasn't been any looting or destruction. That's the last thing anybody needs, but especially Detroit.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My dad just read me a note from a former student athlete of his, she ran track for him back in the 80s and now this person lives in Texas and they were in DFW doing some wedding shopping for her future daughter-in-law. They saw the riots in Dallas first-hand, and her nephew is an officer with Dallas PD. He (the nephew) had his tibia fractured at some point during these riots.

She went on to say that there are pallets of bricks and concrete chunks left on the street corners ahead of time, like a weapons drop, left for the agitators to use against law enforcement and to damage/destroy/break into businesses and storefronts. They're also freezing water bottles to use as blunt force and ballistic weapons.

I (Fenwick) can say that I've seen videos on Twitter of NYPD picking up unopened blue plastic crates of bricks and concrete left on the street corners of Brooklyn to be used in the riots.

This is coordinated and premeditated strategy from Antifa, BLM, and whoever else may be their co-conspirators (read: the DNC, the Clintons, and their ilk).

----

Here's my belief about this:

First, what happened to George Floyd was awful—we've all established that already. The man wasn't a saint, he had a record a mile long with at least six felonies including aggravated assault during a robbery. But what Chauvin did to him was nevertheless unjust, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I also distinguish between legitimate protestors—as in, not Black Lives Matter people because the they're just another radical Marxist activist organization like Antifa—and rioters and agitators who are opportunistically walking on George Floyd's grave so they can get a new pair of kicks and a flat screen TV.

So with that in mind, I think Antifa had the mayhem we've seen the past 10 days planned and ready to go long before this happened. They were just waiting for the right catalyst and when the video of Floyd's alleged murder went viral, they had their trigger.

I think the logistics were already in place, I think they had a communications network setup (they've been using an app known for encrypted communication, perhaps Tapatalk, I can't remember at the moment), and then they had a point man who gave the 'go' when they saw this had the potential to be a sufficiently incendiary situation. So he gave the word and their legion of miscreants deployed around the country to every major city where crates of bricks and concrete were being delivered for their particular intentions.

If you think that's too far-fetched you haven't done your due diligence on Antifa.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hope you all don't mind if I comment on your thread?
I was listening to the radio online the other night and they were doing breaking news about the protest in their city and the reporter said the protests had been "peaceful", and then his voice took on a dreamy quality and he said "it was just so peaceful." The way he said it was a little creepy to me; it was almost like he was having a religious experience.
Then last night I saw on twitter where someone had posted a video of protestors singing together and the poster said it was "surreal, beautiful, peaceful" and the comments about it included people mentioning getting "goosebumps" and "crying" - they were apparently really moved by it.
With things like this, I wonder if it is becoming like a religious experience for the protestors.
Strange times we live in.

Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hope you all don't mind if I comment on your thread?
I was listening to the radio online the other night and they were doing breaking news about the protest in their city and the reporter said the protests had been "peaceful", and then his voice took on a dreamy quality and he said "it was just so peaceful." The way he said it was a little creepy to me; it was almost like he was having a religious experience.
Then last night I saw on twitter where someone had posted a video of protestors singing together and the poster said it was "surreal, beautiful, peaceful" and the comments about it included people mentioning getting "goosebumps" and "crying" - they were apparently really moved by it.
With things like this, I wonder if it is becoming like a religious experience for the protestors.
Strange times we live in.

Sounds kind of like the euphoric frenzy crowds can get worked into at concerts when they all sing along with Bon Jovi or something. Not to dismiss the very real possibility, and even likelihood, that there's some kind of spiritual darkness at the heart of what's happening, but the behavior sounds similar to that.

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My dad just read me a note from a former student athlete of his, she ran track for him back in the 80s and now this person lives in Texas and they were in DFW doing some wedding shopping for her future daughter-in-law. They saw the riots in Dallas first-hand, and her nephew is an officer with Dallas PD. He (the nephew) had his tibia fractured at some point during these riots.

She went on to say that there are pallets of bricks and concrete chunks left on the street corners ahead of time, like a weapons drop, left for the agitators to use against law enforcement and to damage/destroy/break into businesses and storefronts. They're also freezing water bottles to use as blunt force and ballistic weapons.

I (Fenwick) can say that I've seen videos on Twitter of NYPD picking up unopened blue plastic crates of bricks and concrete left on the street corners of Brooklyn to be used in the riots.

This is coordinated and premeditated strategy from Antifa, BLM, and whoever else may be their co-conspirators (read: the DNC, the Clintons, and their ilk).

----

Here's my belief about this:

First, what happened to George Floyd was awful—we've all established that already. The man wasn't a saint, he had a record a mile long with at least six felonies including aggravated assault during a robbery. But what Chauvin did to him was nevertheless unjust, and he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I also distinguish between legitimate protestors—as in, not Black Lives Matter people because the they're just another radical Marxist activist organization like Antifa—and rioters and agitators who are opportunistically walking on George Floyd's grave so they can get a new pair of kicks and a flat screen TV.

So with that in mind, I think Antifa had the mayhem we've seen the past 10 days planned and ready to go long before this happened. They were just waiting for the right catalyst and when the video of Floyd's alleged murder went viral, they had their trigger.

I think the logistics were already in place, I think they had a communications network setup (they've been using an app known for encrypted communication, perhaps Tapatalk, I can't remember at the moment), and then they had a point man who gave the 'go' when they saw this had the potential to be a sufficiently incendiary situation. So he gave the word and their legion of miscreants deployed around the country to every major city where crates of bricks and concrete were being delivered for their particular intentions.

If you think that's too far-fetched you haven't done your due diligence on Antifa.
Good post. My liberal cousin on FB thinks the pallets are all urban legend and are not true just made up by conservatives to stir up the pot.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Good post. My liberal cousin on FB thinks the pallets are all urban legend and are not true just made up by conservatives to stir up the pot.

Ha, send this link to your cousin: NYPD finds stash of bricks, rocks across NYC

If they don't think that's credible then God help them, cause nothing will. That's WABC-TV's website saying,

"Officials said they found bricks and rocks hidden in strategic places on street corners in Brooklyn and Queens.

The boxes were not in the vicinity of any protests, but the NYPD believes they were to be picked up to be used at a future protest."

Upvote 0