Riley Gaines threatens ‘legal action’ after being attacked by trans-rights activists during SF State speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
People, especially people who say they are atheist ,hate us and they hate our Lord Jesus Christ.
My understanding is that telling lies is verboten for Christians. Yet here you are telling me (an atheist) that I hate you. I don’t.

Stop telling lies please.

Now I do not hate the hybrids.
Yet you insist on using an inaccurate and offensive (about the same amount of offence someone saying that you are in cult) word to describe such folks even after you’ve had it explained to you.

That’s not not hate.

Reactions: Mike from NJ
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My understanding is that telling lies is verboten for Christians. Yet here you are telling me (an atheist) that I hate you. I don’t.

Stop telling lies please.
Well, you admit to being atheist. I did not lie.Atheist are unbelievers in God,right? That means anti-Christ, against Chre theyist. I use the term hybrid because they they mutilate their bodies to become something other than their biology.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,556.00
Faith
Pentecostal
My point, which was perfectly clear, is that anecdotes and single data points aren't statistics. Anyone can scour the news wires and claim something is a trend.

If you're going to ask insipid questions, I'm just going to quote myself.

You asserted: Well as we are seeing the transgenders are getting more aggressive and more violent.
I replied: All you need to do is cite a statistic demonstrating that to be a fact.

I'm sure you could. The question is do you understand the difference between individual data points and a statistic.

Please don't accuse me of lying.

"For the good of society - transgenderism must be eradicated from public life entirely..." Daily Wire contributor Michael Knowles.

This is shrug. Don't tell me it's not
>> “It’s a horrible, horrible situation,” Burchett told reporters. “And we’re not gonna fix it. Criminals are gonna be criminals.”

“My daddy fought in the Second World War, fought in the Pacific, fought the Japanese, and he told me … ‘Buddy, if somebody wants to take you out and doesn’t mind losing their life, there’s not a whole heck of a lot you can do about it,’” he added. <<

The only lie being perpetuated in this thread is the claim that I'm perpetuating lies.
Nope, you lied about eradicating transgender people. That's a fact out lie.

Are you aware that there is not a statistic for every single thing? Not at least until someone decides to keep track. Statistics are not automatically generated out of thin air. So just because there is no one yet who has created one doesn't mean something isn't happening. You are a smart guy. You know this. I should t have to explain it to you.

No he's not shrugging it away. He's trying to share the truth on the matter. If someone is determined to kill you there is little you can do to prevent it. The best you can do it try and defend yourself, which is pretty hard to do when the other guy has a weapon and you do not. That's not shrugging anything away, it's stating some truth.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,556.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well, you admit to being atheist. I did not lie.Atheist are unbelievers in God,right? That means anti-Christ, against Chre theyist. I use the term hybrid because they they mutilate their bodies to become something other than their biology.
In Matthew Jesus said the world will hate us for his sake. There are other scriptures that say that as well. We have all seen the hostility towards us on these threads because we are standing for righteousness and truth.

Hybrid is just a word you use. Transgender is a word they use. I have no issue with either. There has to be some word that describes what is going on with people who believe they are the opposite sex. I still use the word transgender because at least we can get beyond the minutea of discussing a single word to the real crux of the matter. Which is the indoctrination of children into the transgender ideology and the actual damage it is doing to kids. A word is a word. The real damage is the ideology and the drugs and surgeries etc.

That's just my take.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You did lie- you said I hated you.

I don't hate you. I don't say that you are in a cult. Why not take a leaf out of my book and treat people how you would like yourself to be treated? You might find that actual people don't hate you.

I use the term hybrid because they they mutilate their bodies to become something other than their biology.
Again- that is not what hybrid means. There is a type of apple called Gala that is a hybrid. But I assume that's not what you mean.

• Optimistic
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You did lie- you said I hated you.
I did not say you personally. I said atheists. I wonder how many who call themselves atheist were in the crowd or rather mob that threatened Riley? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I did not say you personally. I said atheists. I wonder how many who call themselves atheist were in the crowd or rather mob that threatened Riley? :scratch:
You included me in you comment. Atheists hate you. Larnievc is an atheist. This dissembling is disingenuous. I'm sure there were atheists in the crowd. The people were very definitely in the wrong and their behaviour was inexcusable.

But I don't see how that is relevant to you denying you said that atheists (such as myself) hate you. Christians are supposed to avoid even the appearance of wrong doing; am I right? (hint: it's 1 Thessalonians 5:22). Or how it's relevant to you choosing an incorrect and obviously selected to offend (as you have been informed that it is about as offensive as some calling you a member of a cult) word to describe someone.

I would never say that you, a Christian are simply a member of a cult because it would be needlessly offensive to you and as I don't hate you I do not wish to be offensive to you. If one can choose to either be offensive or not why not choose not (even if you yourself don't consider the word to be inaccurate or offensive)?

ETA: why do you say 'call themselves atheists'? Correct me if I'm wrong but you do believe people when they say that they are an atheist?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You included me in you comment. Atheists hate you. Larnievc is an atheist. This dissembling is disingenuous. I'm sure there were atheists in the crowd. The people were very definitely in the wrong and their behaviour was inexcusable.

But I don't see how that is relevant to you denying you said that atheists (such as myself) hate you. Christians are supposed to avoid even the appearance of wrong doing; am I right? (hint: it's 1 Thessalonians 5:22). Or how it's relevant to you choosing an incorrect and obviously selected to offend (as you have been informed that it is about as offensive as some calling you a member of a cult) word to describe someone.

I would never say that you, a Christian are simply a member of a cult because it would be needlessly offensive to you and as I don't hate you I do not wish to be offensive to you. If one can choose to either be offensive or not why not choose not (even if you yourself don't consider the word to be inaccurate or offensive)?

ETA: why do you say 'call themselves atheists'? Correct me if I'm wrong but you do believe people when they say that they are an atheist?

I said atheist in the same context as people say liberal, or conservative, etc. Not meaning every one. I have explained why I use the word hybrid.I have explained how I understood the meaning of the word. In truth a male cannot become a female, and a female cannot a male even if they mutilate their bodies. Like I said earlier, I have a big heart of compassion for the hybrids.And I applaud those who are trying to inform others with the truth.

I believe atheist believe they are atheists.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Now I'm intrigued. Do you believe that atheists genuinely aren't religious or are pretending and deep down actually do believe in God?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now I'm intrigued. Do you believe that atheists genuinely aren't religious or are pretending and deep down actually do believe in God?
It should not matter to you what I believe you believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It should not matter to you what I believe you believe.
I'm interested. I've enjoyed our conversation and so I'm interested in what you think. That's why I'm here.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm interested. I've enjoyed our conversation and so I'm interested in what you think. That's why I'm here.
I have also enjoyed sharing with you.. You believe what you believe,but my hope is that some day you will have an encounter with the light.

• Friendly
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,556.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I said atheist in the same context as people say liberal, or conservative, etc. Not meaning every one. I have explained why I use the word hybrid.I have explained how I understood the meaning of the word. In truth a male cannot become a female, and a female cannot a male even if they mutilate their bodies. Like I said earlier, I have a big heart of compassion for the hybrids.And I applaud those who are trying to inform others with the truth.

Good response. I think we can get caught up in imprecise language all the time. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, because it's just the way we humans are.

It's pretty difficult to remember everytime we speak or write to add the word "some" or "many" or "most" or "few" etc. And since we all do it we could all be better at just accepting that the person didn't necessarily mean "every single one."

I do think we could do better though at making sure that if we mean just a few or a small minority that we say that.

I don't know, just a thought.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,504.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good response. I think we can get caught up in imprecise language all the time. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, because it's just the way we humans are.

It's pretty difficult to remember everytime we speak or write to add the word "some" or "many" or "most" or "few" etc. And since we all do it we could all be better at just accepting that the person didn't necessarily mean "every single one."

I do think we could do better though at making sure that if we mean just a few or a small minority that we say that.

I don't know, just a thought.
It is difficult on internet forums. :sigh:

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the people in charge are "delusional".

I think it's a case where the people in charge are trying to be accommodating, but haven't struck the right balance yet with regards to the extent certain ideological differences should be accommodated.

That's not necessarily unique to this topic, there are a plethora of ideologies, both religious and non-religious (for which there isn't public consensus) that we accommodate to a certain degree, but stop short of giving carte blanche.

I would say on this particular subject, some in positions of power are erroring more towards the latter, and that's causing some problems and backlash. Like many other things, the degree of backlash seems to have a regional component...as do many things where it's a policy that's being set on the state level instead of the local level.
Well, that's a kinder way to put it, that people in charge are trying to be accommodating but "haven't struck the right balance yet".

I stand corrected. I've had enough of the gaslighting and the nonsense and it gets to me sometimes, but that's no reason to express it.

Yes, some in positions of power are in error. That's better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, that's a kinder way to put it, that people in charge are trying to be accommodating but "haven't struck the right balance yet".

I stand corrected. I've had enough of the gaslighting and the nonsense and it gets to me sometimes, but that's no reason to express it.

Yes, some in positions of power are in error. That's better.

A certain amount of gaslighting comes with the territory of debating politics these days.

When I debate abortion, it never fails that they'll be a least a few people on the pro-choice side that will fixate on the 3 scenarios that make up fewer than 2% of the abortions.

Likewise, when I debate gun control, it never fails that they'll be a least a few people that will pretend that guns have nothing to do with the gun violence.

In all cases of gaslighting, I think it's more of a reactionary response more than a sincerely held belief. It's that everyone's afraid (and probably for good reason) that even conceding 10% of their point will lead to the other side using that to claim their entire point is invalid. The natural end result of that is bad faith discussions so people feel compelled to keep up the charade.

I don't believe for a second that anyone on the far-left actually believes that Lia Thomas doesn't have an unfair advantage against biological female opponents...much like I don't believe that anyone on the far-right actually believes that murders would be just as high if there were only 3 million guns in private hands instead of 300 million. It's just that the "give 'em an inch, they take a mile" has played out enough times that neither side wants to debate certain issues in good faith.

Reactions: RestoreTheJoy
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A certain amount of gaslighting comes with the territory of debating politics these days.

When I debate abortion, it never fails that they'll be a least a few people on the pro-choice side that will fixate on the 3 scenarios that make up fewer than 2% of the abortions.
That would only be gaslighting if people were trying to convince you that those three scenarios make up 100% of abortions. Don't think I've ever seen that here. They get fixated upon because people on the pro-choice side of the debate recognize that the argument over the other 98% of scenarios boils down to morality, which neither side has shown any willingness to move on. I can say that I believe in a woman's right to choose until I'm blue in the face, and the pro-life crowd can say "but that's killing a baby" until they're blue in the face, and no one's mind is going to be changed. Currently - on this forum - the only area in which there's room for any degree discussion and compromise is in relation to edge cases and how they're handled. So that's what gets focused upon.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241636_9f4a3046555e3431f8a087b68dbce899_thumb.jpg

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.