South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think she is a talented, yet passable, singer but I also think that she could have someone write some cleaner lyrics. I love the song, "Diamonds in the Sky", but there is a drug reference in that song. I don't listen to all of her songs because they are dull or have drug references. To those who listen to her, does she have any cleaner songs without drug references that are listenable?

Last edited:

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
In regards to the reference of drugs the OP stated, here are the lyrics to the song

"Diamonds"

Shine bright like a diamond

Find light in the beautiful sea
I choose to be happy
You and I, you and I
We’re like diamonds in the sky

You’re a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I’m alive

I knew that we’d become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes

So shine bright tonight, you and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive

Palms rise to the universe
As we moonshine and molly*
Feel the warmth, we’ll never die

You’re a shooting star I see
A vision of ecstasy
When you hold me, I’m alive

At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays
I saw the life inside your eyes

We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye, so alive

Eye to eye, so alive

Oh, yeah

[* a nickname for MDMA – a compound used in "Ecstasy"]

I highlighted and underlined the reference. Molly is slang for MDMA aka the drug Ecstasy. The other ecstasy she is referring to when the word ecstasy is used is bliss, but when Molly is used, its a reference to a drug

Just thought I would help

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

ewells36

Nov 11, 2013
Lansing, Michigan
✟15,608.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, I thought I knew all the words to that song. When I was growing up, mollies were speed..... but same difference. Never knew that.

Heck today, Molly seems to be all the rage. The awesome talented (using that term very lightly - awesome and talented) Miley Cyrus sings about it in We Cant Stop, oh that and cocaine and a lot of rappers rap about Molly

It would be quite funny if people thought Molly, ones that didnt know what it means now, would be like - Who is this Molly girl everyone sings and raps about.

Upvote 0

OBEY

Joel
Oct 4, 2004
North Carolina
✟1,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think she is a talented, yet passable, singer but I also think that she could have someone write some cleaner lyrics. I love the song, "Diamonds in the Sky", but there is a drug reference in that song. I don't listen to all of her songs because they are dull or have drug references. To those who listen to her, does she have any cleaner songs without drug references that are listenable?

It wasn't until "Rated R" that she started using profanity in her music. All of her work before that was clean, and even mild obscenities were censored entirely.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Resilient Mixedbreed

Jan 3, 2014
London
✟15,187.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's not the lyrics you need to worry about but the meaning behind said lyrics. I see this as a song about her relationship with Satan. If it were about a human then why the references about being in the sky, shining bright, finding light, eye to eye, we'll never die, shooting stars,

"I knew that we’d become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays"

Really...

Surely most people know the connection between illumination/the sun/rays/energy to be satanic/egyptian

I've not really paid much attention to this song but a quick glance at the lyrics posted above and I picked out some things that stood out to me.

Obviously the song is catchy, the melodies are always catch, Satan is the master of music what do you expect.

Drug references/swearing is not the thing that should be making you question modern day secular music. Look out for all the sun/light references.

Upvote 0

OBEY

Joel
Oct 4, 2004
North Carolina
✟1,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not the lyrics you need to worry about but the meaning behind said lyrics. I see this as a song about her relationship with Satan. If it were about a human then why the references about being in the sky, shining bright, finding light, eye to eye, we'll never die, shooting stars,

"I knew that we’d become one right away
Oh, right away
At first sight I felt the energy of sun rays"

Really...

Surely most people know the connection between illumination/the sun/rays/energy to be satanic/egyptian

I've not really paid much attention to this song but a quick glance at the lyrics posted above and I picked out some things that stood out to me.

Obviously the song is catchy, the melodies are always catch, Satan is the master of music what do you expect.

Drug references/swearing is not the thing that should be making you question modern day secular music. Look out for all the sun/light references.

I can't tell if you're for real or not. There's really people out there who think like this? Live life, dude.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All along it was a fever
A cold sweat hot-headed believer
I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something,"
He said, "If you dare, come a little closer."

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

Not really sure how to feel about it.
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you.
It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay

It's not much of a life you're living
It's not just something you take–it's given

Round and around and around and around we go
Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know.

It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, the reason I hold on
Ooh, ooh, ooh, 'cause I need this hole gone
Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving
'Cause when you never see the light it's hard to know which one of us is caving.

It takes me all the way.
I want you to stay, stay.
I want you to stay, oh.

I thought it could be about someone seeking Jesus since the lyrics sounded like it and also Mikky Ekko (the guy who wrote and sang part of the song) has a Christian background.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Look at the lyrics. Notice anything?

Extreme repetition. The hallmark of someone who can't write lyrics.

That's really the only reason I don't like her music. Pop stars are not musicians, they are entertainers. Big difference there.

I don't look to lyrics like you find in "Diamonds" for any deep meaning because there simply isn't one there. It's music that is created to sell drinks at clubs and bars. To sell the "hookup scene" and to play on the radio so they can throw in ads in between songs. Pop music is a marketing tool and a very effective one at that.

This is nothing new BTW. Disco music from the 70s, Pop and New Wave in the 80s, all the same, pointless, catchy music made to sell.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I think she is a talented, yet passable, singer
Frankly I can't imagine why. Just another in a long, long line of no-talent hacks. gag.

I truly pity kids today. It's like eating nothing but hot dogs and "potted meat" all their life and wondering why others who have had better tell them what utterly horrific garbage it is they're eating. It's what they grew up on and about all they know, so their standards are so low and they don't know any better and don't/can't "get it." Truly tragic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Completely agree. When I don't consider the lyrics- I like her songs. When I do actually listen to the lyrics- I generally wind up sad and shaking my head. Unfortunately- the music industry is run by those who push a certain image onto the public- be that illuminati conspiracy crap in videos (don't laugh- serious or not that mess is really there), an overtly sexual image, or drug references. They've decided those things sell- so that is all they're willing to give the public. Sadly- they're right.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I like her. Don't listen to her often and the song I do usually listen to is Unfaithful.

I hate her boyfriend/partner/thing because of what he did to her in the past. He belongs in jail and she deserves better.

I find her really pretty too =w=

Upvote 0