North Carolina
✟33,846.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
With all that said I've gotta say again I LOVE the intro to this video...
Thanks! @sweetycakes1 SO much for sharing. TOTALLY awesome and SO well made.
It sounds like you might be signing off... If so I want to say it was a true blessing having you here and I admire all that you tried to do. I'm going to miss you. May the Lord be with you and bless you! Merry Christmas!

Matthew 25:23 (KJV)
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

• Winner
Reactions: Senior Pastor
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
Thread has had to be cleaned up due to flaming and off topic posts.
The topic of this thread is veils and head coverings.
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Kermos

God is the Potter, and we are the clay.
Feb 10, 2019
United States
Visit site
✟38,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Apostle Paul wrote the passage about not requiring to veil in 1 Corinthians 11:1-16,

He progresses through a discourse to the Corinthians for which he provides no historical context as to whether the Corinthians were encountering some problem for him to bring it up, yet He culiminates the passage very clearly.

Let's step through some of the culmination.

VERSE 12:

Paul wrote "For as the woman originates from the man, so also the man [has his birth] through the woman; and all things originate from God" (1 Corinthians 11:12).

Paul is narrowing the focus to God. His enumeration in verse 12 culiminates with "all things originate from God".

VERSE 15:

Paul wrote "if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her. For her hair is given to her for a covering" (1 Corinthians 11:15).

A glory is not dishonor. Paul mentions dishonor/disgrace for a woman to pray uncovered in verses five and six.

Paul is writing about a woman's head covering, swithing between a veil/garment/clothing and hair throughout the passage of 1 Corinthians 11:1-16; however, he is not separating purpose.

Notice that Paul wrote "the man is the head of a woman" in verse 2, and "every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying dishonors her head" in verse 3.

Paul integrates this dishonor versus honor concept and the glory concept as a single thing; however, the original poster illegitimately attempts to separate "submission" and "glory".

"Her hair is given to her for a covering"

This clause is HUGE. The English "for" in the clause is translated from the Greek "anti". The NASB and ESV and KJV translations use the word "for". The Greek anti means "in place of" thus the English "for" functions accurately in 1 Corinthians 11:15.

For the woman, her long hair is a glory to her.

VERSE 16:

Paul wrote "we have no such custom, neither the assemblies of God" (1 Corinthians 11:16).

These are the concluding words of the passage - the passage presented by the original poster.

These are the culminating words of the passage.

"we have no such custom" is written about women's head coverings, and the verse culiminates the passage. It is a precise statement by Paul.

A woman need not put a garment/clothing/veil on her head to pray, so says the Apostle Paul.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.