Revelations 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is somthing that has been on my mind quite a bit lately....
In revelations 3 it says that God will not blot your name out of the book of life. does that mean that you cannot lose your salvation? can you loose salvation by sinning? the unforgivable sin would cost you to loose your salvation wouldnt it?....if you say "no you cant loose your salvation...." then does that mean that you believe that people who commit suicide and are christians go to heaven? is commiting suicide rejecting salvation? can you loose your salvation by rejection? hmmmm,.....:confused:
God Bless,
Backward in time (aka Brooke)

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
backward in time said:
In revelations 3 it says that God will not blot your name out of the book of life. does that mean that you cannot lose your salvation? can you loose salvation by sinning? the unforgivable sin would cost you to loose your salvation wouldnt it?....if you say "no you cant loose your salvation...." then does that mean that you believe that people who commit suicide and are christians go to heaven? is commiting suicide rejecting salvation? can you loose your salvation by rejection? hmmmm,.....
You have to read the text in "context":

Rev 3:4-5 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. 5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

God is talking about those who walk uprightly and are worthy.

Have you ever looked up the definition of "loose" and "lose"? You might want to do so.

Suicide is not Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Only God knows where a person ends up if they commit suicide.

You can't argue for NOSAS and against OSAS for the reasons you give. BTW, I believe in NOSAS.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
I think that if one decides to end their life that would not be over coming but succumbing and would invalidate the power we have to overcome anything satan throws at us. This would be denying the Holy Spirit living within you (if you are a believer of course) and therefore this would be the “unpardonable sin”.

Upvote 0

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
Zayit said:
I think that if one decides to end their life that would not be over coming but succumbing and would invalidate the power we have to overcome anything satan throws at us. This would be denying the Holy Spirit living within you (if you are a believer of course) and therefore this would be the “unpardonable sin”.
When you understand the following verse, then you will know what I am saying:

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Look at what it says . .

Rev 3:4-5 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. 5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

this is a conditinal promise given to . .

1) those who have not defiled thier garments

2) those who overcome

It suggest that others can and will be blotted out of the book of life!

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
backward in time said:
This is somthing that has been on my mind quite a bit lately....
In revelations 3 it says that God will not blot your name out of the book of life. does that mean that you cannot lose your salvation? can you loose salvation by sinning? the unforgivable sin would cost you to loose your salvation wouldnt it?....if you say "no you cant loose your salvation...." then does that mean that you believe that people who commit suicide and are christians go to heaven? is commiting suicide rejecting salvation? can you loose your salvation by rejection? hmmmm,.....:confused:
God Bless,
Backward in time (aka Brooke)

Yes you most certainly can. The unforgivable sin is when the Holy Spirit convicts you of your sins and offers you mercy for them and you no longer see that forgiveness and mercy important in your life, you become closed up in your own sin and sin darkens our intellect and we become blinded to the Holy Spirit’s convictions and God allows the hardening of your heart against Him. However, as long as you are still breathing the Holy Spirit will always convict you to repentence and accept the blood that was shed for you but your heart has been hardened. This is where prayers and fasting for poor sinners comes in to draw down God's grace on this sinner.

We as the body of Christ can pray and offer sacrifices for God to gives these souls the grace they will need to turn their wills towards God once again. If a person dies in this state of rejection he will be lost because of his rejection. If God allows him one final grace to repent any movement towards that grace will save his soul, God only requires a little from us. So there is always hope for sinners and we should offer prayers daily for those who have no one to pray for them.

Christians who play around with sin and do not do enough to rid themselves of their vices run this risk of closing themselves off from grace and mercy. Paul warns not to make a shipwreck of our faith and that we need to work our salvation out with fear and trembling. So Christians are not automatically guaranteed that they will always repent and come back to God when they backslide. One day they may never return and if God chooses to take them when they are sliding away they may not be in a state to accept his offer of mercy. Sin is horrible and we should fear it and run from it because it darkens our intellect, and blinds us to mercy.

Upvote 0

Palatka44

Unabashedly Baptist
Jul 22, 2003
Palatka, Florida
Visit site
✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We as the body of Christ can pray and offer sacrifices for God to gives these souls the grace they will need to turn their wills towards God once again. If a person dies in this state of rejection he will be lost because of his rejection. If God allows him one final grace to repent any movement towards that grace will save his soul, God only requires a little from us. So there is always hope for sinners and we should offer prayers daily for those who have no one to pray for them.

Then it is no longer Grace.

Upvote 0

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
Palatka44 said:
IMO we are added to the book of life at conception. I know where the verse is and what it says. Can you find it?
Greetings Palatka,

How about sharing the verse with us. My personal opinion is that we were written in the Lamb's Book of Life from the foundation of the world and I KNOW the verses that establish that.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Palatka44

Unabashedly Baptist
Jul 22, 2003
Palatka, Florida
Visit site
✟17,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Verses for our delight:
Psalm 139:13-16
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. [Conception]
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book [Book of Life] all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet [from the beginning] there was none of them.

And the pro-choise ppl :confused: and the pro-lifers :cry: .

Upvote 0

Dad Ernie

Nov 28, 2003
Salem, Oregon, USA
Visit site
✟2,980.00
Faith
Protestant
Palatka44 said:
Verses for our delight:
Psalm 139:13-16
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. [Conception]
14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book [Book of Life] all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet [from the beginning] there was none of them.

And the pro-choise ppl :confused: and the pro-lifers :cry: .
AMEN! Palatka.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.