Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this the same one you mentioned on the initial post...
Actually no Sis. I attended a lecture by a Pentecostal preacher that will remain nameless. His interest in Hebraic context led him to draw some interesting conclusions. Probably observations that had been circulating in the TV ministry circles. Anyway, this prompted me to examine his statements and then research them for myself.

Do you remember yinanyavo? She and I corresponded for a while about some of this stuff and she gave me some very interesting research that she and her DH conducted. I'll include some of it in the next installment.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Actually no Sis. I attended a lecture by a Pentecostal preacher that will remain nameless. His interest in Hebraic context led him to draw some interesting conclusions. Probably observations that had been circulating in the TV ministry circles. Anyway, this prompted me to examine his statements and then research them for myself.

Do you remember yinanyavo? She and I corresponded for a while about some of this stuff and she gave me some very interesting research that she and her DH conducted. I'll include some of it in the next installment.
My that is a long time ago... :sorry: all I seem to be doing is stirring up sawdust in the attic trying to remember...:D

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟140,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shalom Shalom,

For the next installment in this series I would re-post some information about the "seven stars" written and compiled by our friend yinonyavo:

Originally Posted by yononyavo
In the course of this research I found that the geographic position of six of the seven churches of Rev. are nearly identical with the six visible stars of the Pleiades. ...and they are located on the "shoulder" of the Taurus mountains of Turkey in the same position as they appear in the constellation of Taurus. The connection has also been made between the two because of the ref. in Amos 5 of the Pleiades (Kimah) as the seven stars, and the seven stars in Rev. as the messengers of the seven churches.

The Jewish sages, in some accounts believe that the change will be in the form of a Star of David. They are also the only ones who speak of the change associated with the flood as being TWO missing stars rather than one, as all the others. This is also interesting, in that now under a powerful telescope the very faint star named Estrope, which is generally not visible except under perfect conditions, is found to be a double star.

In recent centuries, Egyptologists have concluded that the pyramids may be much older than we have first suspected and MAY HAVE BEEN EXISTENT AT THE TIME OF THE FLOOD OF NOACH. Here is where it gets interesting because the Constellation KIMAH is associated directly with the Flood of Noach in Talmudic and Midrashic literature! So we can begin to see why God quizzed Job with questions about the KIMAH and Orion contextually related to a "flood of waters" in verse 34: Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover you?

The Torah sages wrote that God "took two stars away from KIMAH and brought the flood!"

This is alluded to in at least four places in Talmud Rosh HaShana, 11b and Talmud Baba M'tzia, 106b. It is also found in two other rabbinic writings: Ta'anith I bottom of 64a; and B'midbar Rabbah 10. The word KIMAH itself is found in more than a dozen places in the Jerusalem Talmud, 10 places in the Babylonian Talmud, 16 places in Rashi’s commentary to the Babylonian Talmud and 16 places in the Tosefta to the Babylonian Talmud. Every Orthodox rabbi and most non-Orthodox rabbis should be well familiar with this constellation and its relationship to the flood of Noah.

Here are a few of the most specific references: Talmud Rosh Hashana 11b: It has been taught: ‘In the sixth hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month.
  • R. Joshua said: That day was the seventeenth day of Iyar, when the constellation of KIMAH sets at daybreak and the fountains begin to dry up, and because they [mankind] perverted their ways, the Holy One, blessed be He, changed for them the work of creation and made the constellation of KIMAH rise at daybreak and took two stars from the KIMAH and brought a flood on the world.
  • R. Eliezer said: That day was the seventeenth of Heshvan, a day on which the constellation of KIMAH rises at daybreak, and [the season] when the fountains begin to fill. FOOTNOTE TO THE TALMUD: There seems to be some confusion in the text here. To make it astronomically correct we should read (with the Seder Olam) in the dictum of R. Joshua, ‘When KIMAH rises at daybreak’, and in the dictum of R. Eliezer, ‘sets at daybreak’.
In the month of Adar, corresponding to mid-February to March, the KIMAH appears to be overhead at the time the peasant finishes his work, viz., about four in the afternoon. Thus R. Papa states that seed time is governed by Adar (and KIMAH).

Elsewhere in Talmudic literature, knowledge is compared to the KIMAH, which causes the ripening of fruits and gives them taste. Since taste is a function of smell (try holding your nose when something tastes bad ... it works for my son) and the attribute by which the Talmud states the Torah devout will recognize the Messiah is by his smell; there is an ancient opinion that when the time of the Messiah nears, the people will look for a sign in the constellation KIMAH. B’reshet Rabbah 10.

Contextually the constellation may be related to the exiled House of Joseph, because it is alternatively called, Taurus or the constellation of the ox or bull. This is alluded to in B'reshet (Genesis) 49:5-6 (where the rabbinim interpret the "ox" who is maimed by Simeon and Levi as Joseph); and again in the blessing of Moses on the House of Joseph, found in D'varim (Deutoronomy) 33:13-17, where Joseph is called by Moses, "the firstling of Hashem's bullock," who has the horns of the "re'eym." (verse 17). The constellation itself with its box-like head and two horns, reminds one of the head of a bullock.

Deuteronomy 33:17 goes on to state that with the horns of the re'eym, HASHEM will "gore" nations together to the ends of the Land. And these nations are the myriads of Ephraim and the thousands of Manasseh -- the House of Joseph. Moses Ben-Maimon also known as Maimomides and the Rambam, states of this verse: "the two horns represent the two branches of Joseph, Ephraim and Manasseh."

In Psalm 22:22, Hashem answers "from the horns of the Re'eym." The next verse, verse 23 states: "I will proclaim Your Name to my brethren." The Jewish sage Radak wrote that this meant when HASHEM raised the horn of the re'eym, that those who knew Hashem should tell what they know to their brothers, "the Ten Lost Tribes of Israel who had been exiled to Chalach and Chabur."

The Talmud, Tosefta and other rabbinic writings present this record of the KIMAH as the only constellation which has undergone any observable change since Creation. Consequently, if there were to be a sign in the Heavens that would be accepted by the rabbinim or leaders of Judah today, especially as it pertains to validating the Return of the House of Joseph, it might be an occurrence in KIMAH that would rectify the change recorded in the earlier rabbinic writings and alluded to in Scripture

The second mention of the KIMAH in Scripture is found in Amos 5:8.

Oseh KIMAH uchsil ve hofeych laboker tzalmavet veyom lailah hechshich Literally, "He who made the KIMAH and CHESIL (Orion) and turns darkness into morning and day He darkens as night."

This alludes to the fact that the KIMAH traverses the pre-dawn sky "turning darkness into morning" ON THE SAME PLANE AS THE SUN, whose course through the sky turns day into night.

Rabbinic exegesis of 5:8 "turning day to night and night to day," contains a profound spiritual truth. understanding will be turned upside down. Those who think they understand will be shown that they do not. And those, whose understanding has been questioned or put down by the former, will be exalted. More understanding will be added to them. But we can't lose sight of the fact that this reversal of understanding literally relates to a change in the heavens in the context of the Return of the House of Joseph. The natural conclusion to draw is that the change in KIMAH indicates a sign in the heavens that may SIGNAL the Return or some related event.

And then there is the mystery that has puzzled humanity as long as mankind has gazed at the stars above. The mystery is why the KIMAH is called the Constellation of Seven Sisters, when only six stars are visible with the naked eye? Is it possible that one of the stars was a doubled star? Or, was it possible that before the flood, the constellation's six stars formed a seventh, the Cocav David or Star of David? If this Cocav David will again appear in the pre-dawn sky, what does it mean?

The context in which Hashem has couched this "mystery of the Seven Sisters" is a lamentation over the House of Israel. Only such a heavenly sign may convince the House of Judah to recognize that Hashem’s plan to restore Tzion (Zion) includes the non-Jewish House of Joseph

This may be conjecture, but let us propose that the secret of the Seventh Sister IS the rising again of the degel Tzion (a banner) to gather, recall and return the House of Israel.

Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign (Strong's def.=flag or banner) of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Isa 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign (flag) for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.
The modern Israeli flag, under which the Jewish population in the modern Jewish state has thus far reunited is such a banner. But the rabbinim are looking for such IN THE HEAVENLIES, as indicated by the Rambam, Radak and other sages quoted above.

In the Last Days, followers of Y'shua also are told to look into the Heavens for specific signs. This raises the question of whether the sign the rabbinim expect is the same sign that Y'shua promised would be revealed to his followers and which would validate his mission as the shaliah (one sent) to the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel.

Earlier we mentioned that the KIMAH in Talmudic literature "causes the ripening of fruit." Ephraim in Hebrew means "double-fruitful." The blessings of fruitfulness associated with Joseph also are evident in Genesis 49 and again in Deuteronomy 33.
But in Genesis 48:19, Ephraim is also called the "melo ha-goyim." This term is translated "multitude of nations" but its literal meaning is "the fullness of the goyim or Gentiles." The shaliah Paul in Romans 11 refers to this "fullness of the Gentiles" as triggering the "return or rescue" (Gr.. sothesetai) of ALL of (the House of) Israel.

Here we submit that Y'shua could well be referring to the Assimilation of Israel among the Gentile church.

Matthew 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the ASTRAPE cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the PAROUSIA of the Son of man be.

ASTRAPE - Strongs 796 = Lightning or bright shining (Strongs), = the gleam of a lamp (Thayers) = a flash such as lightning (Liddell & Scott), illumination of the sky accompanying cosmic phenomenon; also a derivative form ASTRO pertains to any star or constellation (Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich)

PAROUSIA - Strongs 3952 presence, arrival, advent. (Thayers)

ASTRAPE is not necessarily a bolt of lightning, which strikes at random and does not necessarily light the sky from east to west. Rather this presence, arrival or advent, Y'shua describes is likened to a cosmic phenomenon that may directly refer to a specific star or constellation.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The analogy to the sign of the coming of the Son of Man and the flood of Noach is again striking, especially because the change in the constellation Kimah is tied to the flood and by implication, this eschatological sign.
I posted all of that to make this one simple point: The seven stars have been associated since the earliest times with the first judgment on earth, the flood. It is by it's inclusion in Revelation, associated to the second judgment at the "Day of the Lord" and is therefore associated with Yom Kippur and the Temple service. Nifty huh?

Just trying to keep things consistent...
In His Love,

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟140,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a question... Was the sacrificing of the animals done in the court of the Gentiles [women]?
Only if they were Greek infiltrators in the time of Antiochus Epiphanese. ;)

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Alcyone.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
Only if they were Greek infiltrators in the time of Antiochus Epiphanese. ;)
I thought those boys got all the way into the Most Holies for their sacrificing... at least to the altar of incense...?? I guess I should have worded my question better... is the court of Gentiles, the same thing as the outer court where the sacrificing of animals is done?

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟140,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought those boys got all the way into the Most Holies for their sacrificing... at least to the altar of incense...?? I guess I should have worded my question better... is the court of Gentiles, the same thing as the outer court where the sacrificing of animals is done?
I was actually making a veiled reference to the wall of separation that was constructed after the Greeks were defeated. I'll be funnier after I sleep. :D

The animals were sacrificed in the inner courtyard from what I understand. The placement of the furnishings of the Temple in relation to one another, including the Altar of Sacrifice, did not change from the layout of the wilderness Tabernacle. The Altar and the Laver were both located in the inner courtyard of the Priests.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
I was actually making a veiled reference to the wall of separation that was constructed after the Greeks were defeated. I'll be funnier after I sleep. :D

The animals were sacrificed in the inner courtyard from what I understand. The placement of the furnishings of the Temple in relation to one another, including the Altar of Sacrifice, did not change from the layout of the wilderness Tabernacle. The Altar and the Laver were both located in the inner courtyard of the Priests.
Thank you... that is what I thought...
Yeshua told us that the veil in the Temple represented His flesh, and it was His flesh that was torn to the point of death on our behalf. ... I think that connection also applies to understanding the Way God thinks as revealed in the temple services themselves. How it must hurt him with every sin we commit.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟140,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the passage where he says this?
Hi Steve,

I didn't see your Messianic Scroll icon. As a matter of fact, I don't see any icon. This thread is exclusively for those that have a icon indicating that they are adherents to Messianic Judaism as indicated by the MJ ONLY prefix. So are you Messianic and if so how do we verify that you are? Thanks in advance.

Blessings,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi Steve,

I didn't see your Messianic Scroll icon. As a matter of fact, I don't see any icon. This thread is exclusively for those that have a icon indicating that they are adherents to Messianic Judaism as indicated by the MJ ONLY prefix. So are you Messianic and if so how do we verify that you are? Thanks in advance.

Blessings,

I have had it for quite some time. Don't know why it is not showing.
Will look into it.

My Registration Required Information had me as Messianic, but for some reason my faith icon had been hidden from public. I don't remember doing this.

Besides, you have been around a while and you are bound to know that I have been posting on this forum since 2005. There are a great number of people who can vouch for me here.

Even if I didn't have a faith icon, aren't visitors allowed to ask questions here anymore?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Shalom All,

1.To get back to the truth, reliable context is everything. Case in point would be the book of the Revelation. Most Messianics are familiar with the writings of Alfred Edersheim. There are many examples of the symbolism of the Temple and its service found in the Revelation according to him.

2.Following in this vein, there is also for your consideration, an excerpt from an article at Wikipedia:
, moreover, John, who was both a witness and a teacher, who reclined upon the bosom of the Lord, and, being a priest, wore the sacerdotal plate. He fell asleep at Ephesus.

3.This would indicate to me, why John was allowed into the High Priest's residence during the examination of Y'shua and also gained admission for Peter into the courtyard. I am fairly sure attendance to an event of this nature (extraordinary as it was), would have been restricted to the leaders of Israel, household servants and Temple guards. The only possible exception would be relatives. If this line of inquiry is valid, and John was indeed trained from childhood for the Priesthood, then it would also offer a whole new perspective to his writings, including the Revelation and all of the Temple symbolism found therein.

So, what if John were from a priestly family and a relative of the High Priest?

4. It is widely accepted that John was a political prisoner on the Isle of Patmos at the time of the writing of the book of the Revelation. Much as English-speaking WWII prisoners communicated in "pig-latin" during their incarcerations in Japanese POW camps, I'm fairly sure that John would have been "wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove" in the transcription of his vision. I'm not sure how much of this would qualify as 'dark sayings' as it is characterized as a 'revelation' or something revealed. So if this is a case where the book of the Revelation is both allegorical and topical, couched in the terms of Temple service and context unfamiliar to his captors, then there is much to be revealed about the vision based on this context.

5.While I seem to digress into the realm of pure speculation and 'thinking out loud', I was wondering:
There is some very tenuous supposition linking John to the house of the Zadokim, though through no credible documentation. Don't recall where I read that little tidbit. However, here are some things to consider should this too, prove to be a valid line of inquiry.

6.The Zadokim (the rightful heirs of the High Priesthood) were still custodians of David's tomb at the time of our Messiah. The relatively autonomous existence of these Aaronic priests and the existence of a large upper room in the structure, lend themselves to certain scriptural possibilities. These include the possible abdication of the seat of honor and authority for the Ta'anit B'Khorim of Rav Y'shua, the possible location of the refuge where the 120 talmidim hid themselves while waiting out the ten days til Shavuot and the location of the pouring out of the Spirit of Promise. Just tossed that out there for your entertainment and comments.

OK, back to the program in progress...

8. At any rate, there is a very certain order to the morning and evening Temple services, especially on Yom Kippur. The High Priest was required to oversee all of these duties for a week prior to the Yom Kippur service. The cleaning and lighting of the Menorah, the opening of the Temple to morning worship, the daily sacrifice - everything.

What is compelling about the arguments I heard is this: Almost every word spoken by the Master to the congregations can be tied to scripture or historical record concerning the ministry of the Temple priests or the coming of the Messiah. The actions recorded in the Revelation all were ordered to match the preparation and opening of the Temple. The theme followed that of the traditions of Yom Kippur as a day of Atonement and Judgment were too. In short, everything is a fit.

Thoughts?

Shalom Talmidim,

I have read this post and your next one that continues on this line. To make things simpler I have only retained in your quote that which I will comment on that have struck a significant chord with me, labeled with numbers. :)

1. I have this book but haven't read it in a long time, perhaps it's time to dust it off. I think you can also find his works for free online. I remember posting about that awhile back in one of my book threads.
  2. I looked up the reference from Eusebius found here in it's entirety and knowing that John did have connections in the area it most likely is the same John the Apostle. However we also have the cousin of Yeshua who was also named John, and by the genealogy we have in Luke, he too would also qualify as a priest. And it is recorded that he be specifically named John, which is a shortened version of Johnathan who was King Davids best friend. , Just a thought.
  3. I may not be understanding you fully but are you saying that John was of the true priesthood, that from Aaron and Levi, or that he was related to the High Priest at that time? I thought it was established that the High Priests of the time were not of Aarons line?
  4. I have seen this postulated before, but my question would be, if this was written so that those of the true priesthood could read and understand it's real meaning, how does that equate with these seemingly Gentile Churches that he was to write to?
  5. Weren't these the ones that protesting the Roman occupations went out in the desert supposedly at Qumran? I hold the view however that the archeological remains found at the Dead Sea are not related to the scrolls found.
  6. Are you equating them with the Essenes then? There is speculation that John (cousin John) was raised by them.
  7. I don't think that was where it happened as some are lead to believe. I think the fullness of Pentecost came at the Temple, The house, was the House of G-d, which was the Temple at that time.
  8. If this is a fit, and these things haven't happened yet, how are they for us today? Those they were written to would understand, but without a temple how would that play out today?
Interesting topic Tal, I hope it stays on track. :)

Upvote 0