Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This wouldn't be the first time in history that there have been severe worldwide food shortages. These things happen from time to time as the cycles of a worldwide economy play out.

Demand that the automakers start making practical and affordable electric cars. Demand that your lawmakers approve new nuclear power plants. When the world's economy is based on cheap and abundant oil, and oil stops being cheap and abundant, adjustments have to be made. And they have to be made sooner rather than later!

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There is no worldwide food shortage. This is an invention of people with an agenda, not a factual circumstance. Prices don't create a food shortage, but they do make food harder to acquire in third-world countries. And while there are supposed to be stop-gap measures in place as established by the first-tier nations through the UN, today there is this:

UN Food Program cried poverty while sitting on $1.22 billion

Don't believe the hype, though I'm sure that's not going to stop people from panicking and hoarding.

Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. (Matthew 24:42)

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Revelation 6:6
And I heard a voice from among the four living beings say, “A loaf of wheat bread or three loaves of barley will cost a day’s pay."
Oh what, the rice shortage? Oh about Australian consumption… k. It’s mostly corn and rice on the short end right now. The US sent a whole lot of corn to Mexico last year, they had a serious shortage in corn which is their staple food by the consumption of corn tortillas (as one example of shortage). Most blame that on converting food production to methanol crops as many nations are doing more so now. Notice the passage also says to not touch the oil, which is what methanol basically is. I guess methanol production will really outweigh the desire for food production for people in the future as nations gear up more so for war.

Also, crops are lesser because the earth is cooler. As much as the “global warming” crowd is in hysteria about the earth warming up, actually that would be very beneficial for food production if it were to actually happen. But they are saying now that Europe is entering a mini-ice age as other parts of the globe fluctuate in temperature… which is mainly a result of the sun, not SUV’s at all. Even if we pulled off our smog devices, it wouldn’t help, most of it comes from the sun as well as for volcanic emissions which is far greater than what humans are capable to produce, vastly.

Btw, the UN would sit on the money even if the entire world was one day away from dieing of starvation. The UN is corrupt, there is no good in and of the UN at all. I’m sure one day those same people that are leading the UN will be there to turn their weapons on Christ as He descends from the sky with His armies... which is very close at hand now.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Well yeah, if they are converting food into methanol, then they have the food but are just holding it back from the population, at least what is left of it after the first trumpet in Rev 8. Keep in mind, this is primarily during the tribulation, a time when they will be preparing for war and being in various wars. Armies need fuel and food, so there you have a starving population since the needs of the military will come first. Currently we are only seeing the birth pangs before the trib starts, so we are only seeing such things happen on a small scale and growing greater with every cycle, and the frequency in which those cycles happen.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no worldwide food shortage. This is an invention of people with an agenda, not a factual circumstance. Prices don't create a food shortage, but they do make food harder to acquire in third-world countries. And while there are supposed to be stop-gap measures in place as established by the first-tier nations through the UN, today there is this:

UN Food Program cried poverty while sitting on $1.22 billion

Don't believe the hype, though I'm sure that's not going to stop people from panicking and hoarding.

Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. (Matthew 24:42)
I agree with you - it doesn't just HIT one day out of blue like this has done.

I think it's hype too but I do think we're seeing the signs of those end times.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we should avoid speculating about revelations as well, our chrisitan fathers did that enough times and we are still making the same mistakes.
I believe strongly in watching for prophecy to know the times, the only problem is that even tho I believe time is close, it can still be another 50+ years...

We know date setting is out, but God HAS called us to know the signs of the times by using prophecy. =)

Upvote 0

ReformedChapin

Chapin = Guatemalan
Apr 29, 2005
✟18,338.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I believe strongly in watching for prophecy to know the times, the only problem is that even tho I believe time is close, it can still be another 50+ years...

We know date setting is out, but God HAS called us to know the signs of the times by using prophecy. =)
we are called to guess until we get it right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
We area called to correctly interpret prophecy comparing them to the events around us.

As far as that is going, Ezekiel 36 is/was fulfilled during this generation, it’s just a matter of time until Ezekiel 37 is fulfilled, this generation, then Ezekiel 38. And before you say it was already fulfilled, read v20 “nations” which is not specifically Egypt or specifically Babylon, but meaning a world dispersion. It’s fulfilled at this point now, and the rest is sure to follow.

Upvote 0

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
???
guess what? Jesus expected the Jews to know the time of His coming - but they missed it.
We're called to be watching AND READY for His eminant return. Why is prophecy given if we're not expected to glean anything from it's signs?

Frankly, if one can't see any and isn't watching, I'd say they have the greater problem than those watching and anticipating it.

Reactions: IamRedeemed
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.