Status
Not open for further replies.

markusGamer

Aug 26, 2006
Germany
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

--------------------

Is this the rapture or the judgement day.

dcyates

May 28, 2005
Calgary, AB.
✟2,162.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
14And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.

--------------------

This is judgment language.

There is no rapture.

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA

--------------------

In Rev 22:11 before Christ comes back to receive His bride He makes a solemn statement that closes the probation for every person on earth. All the judgement's except for the great white throne judgement has been made at this point. In verse 12 Christ says "Behold I come quickly and my reward is with me." So we know that no one is being rewarded or punished until that time.

The symbolic scene here is of the 2nd advent of Christ when He will come to receive the righteous of the earth and the wicked will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming. 11 Thess 2:8

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA
What happens to Christians after they die

Will we get to Jesus immediately and will we be judged (corinthians 3, 11-15) there.

Does revelation 14 or the throne and if you are written in the book have any meaning to us ?

The Bible says we rest in our graves in a sleep like state. Jesus said this in John 11:11. Our very next thought will be our life giver waking us up at the resurrection at His second appearing which will seem like a split second even though it may be many years. In John 14:1-3 Jesus makes it very clear that He would come again to take us to the Father's house where He would prepare a place for us. It wouldn't make sense for Him to say that if we were already with Him up there. Also , the resurrection wouldn't make sense if we were already up there.

The soul cannot be immortal because immortality was only promised to the righteous in the Bible. The wicked will receive death Rom 6:23 , John 3:16. Souls do die look at Ezek 18:4.

God Bless you
Jim Larmore

Reactions: rita727
Upvote 0

Aisynia

Jul 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟15,663.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When you sleep are you aware of the passage of time? A whole 10 hours could pass by but when you wake you can feel like you've only been sleep for a portion of the time. This is how it would be for the other man who was crucified also. His sleep would not seem as long as it actually is. Now I know this doesn't answer why, but it's only because I never really thought about it enough to form an answer for it. So I'm of inquiring mind also. :)

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

--------------------

Judgment Day does not come until the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is the middle of the Tribulation period, the judgements are the 7 seals, the 7 trumpets and then the 7 vials of wrath. The 7 seals and the 7 trumpet conclude at the end of the first 3 1/2 years. Notice the timeline of the two wittnesses. 42 months(Rev 11:3)

What you are looking at is the slaugher of Armagaddon. If you notice in the previous chapters there is a vivid description of two beasts, one from the land and one from the sea. The sea is a sea of people and I suspect this is a description of a huge gathering in the valley of Meggido (Armagaddon).

I could give you the whole scenerio if your intersted.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mythbuster

Apr 14, 2004
✟746.00
Faith
Christian

--------------------

I think this is the great tribulation.
Shalom

Upvote 0

markusGamer

Aug 26, 2006
Germany
✟7,627.00
Faith
Christian
Judgment Day does not come until the end of the 1,000 year reign of Christ. This is the middle of the Tribulation period, the judgements are the 7 seals, the 7 trumpets and then the 7 vials of wrath. The 7 seals and the 7 trumpet conclude at the end of the first 3 1/2 years. Notice the timeline of the two wittnesses. 42 months(Rev 11:3)

What you are looking at is the slaugher of Armagaddon. If you notice in the previous chapters there is a vivid description of two beasts, one from the land and one from the sea. The sea is a sea of people and I suspect this is a description of a huge gathering in the valley of Meggido (Armagaddon).

I could give you the whole scenerio if your intersted.

Grace and peace,
Mark
problem is that there so many theories out there, but go ahead

Upvote 0

pehkay

Aug 10, 2006
✟17,557.00
Faith
Christian
Rev 14:14-16 is on The Harvest of Believers near the End of the Great Tribulation.

But Rev 14:17-20 is on The Gathering of the Grapes (the Evildoers) at the End of the Great Tribulation.

On the first, the harvest of the earth is God's people on earth, the believers in Christ (1 Cor. 3:9). At His first coming to the earth, the Lord sowed Himself into His believers (Matt. 13:3-8, 24). All the believers since that time, who have received Him as the seed of life, have become God's crop on the earth. The first-ripe ones will be reaped as the firstfruits to God before the great tribulation, as indicated in vv. 1-5. The majority will ripen with the help of the sufferings in the great tribulation and will be reaped, raptured, at the end of the great tribulation.

For the second:
In the Bible the Jews are likened to the fig tree (Matt. 24:32), the believers are likened to wheat (Matt. 13:25, 30), and the wicked Gentiles are likened to the grapevine (v. 19), which is a counterfeit of the true vine composed of Christ and His members (John 15:1-6). The wheat is ripe when its water content is dried up, whereas the grapes are ripe when the water has filled them up. Fully ripened indicates that the Gentiles as the grapevine are filled to the brim with their sin and that the time of their judgment has come.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.