listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Looked for how you derailed you thread. The only thing I saw was you were nice to another chatting with them.

bugkiller
I read that too. It is their way. What I see is they can't establish Rev 14:12 is talking about the ten commandments. Typically they just run or change the subject rather than admit to the truth.

Reactions: bugkiller
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Looked for how you derailed you thread. The only thing I saw was you were nice to another chatting with them.
bugkiller

How nice.

In addition we have some nice posts here on the subject of Rev 14:12 and the commandments of God --
Jul 5, 2017 #156

Last edited:
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How nice.

In addition we have some nice posts here on the subject of Rev 14:12 and the commandments of God --
Jul 5, 2017 #156
Hello Bob.

Galatians 4
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.

Galatians 5
13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

The law of Christ is written on our hearts, not the ministry of death.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How nice.

Jul 5, 2017 #156
I find it my God called duty to say nothing in that post indicates the commandments in Rev 14:12 are the 10 Cs.

John always talks about the commandments of Jesus. You attempt to prove the 10 Cs are the commandments of Jesus. Jn 15:10 will not allow for that. Jesus does not take possession of His Father's commandments as His own. Jesus does not say keep My Father's commandments. Jesus makes the very same claim about His commandments in 14:15 without comparing them to His Father's commandments.

John says in I Jn 3:23 God the Father's commandment is we are to do as Jesus commands us. John does not say we are to keep the 10 Cs (the Law).

bugkiller

Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello Bob.

Galatians 4
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.

Galatians 5
13 For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

:amen::amen::amen:

bugkiller

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Bob.

Galatians 4

Galatians 5

True...
still "SIN IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4 even in the NT
And "still" we have "These things I write that you SIN not" 1 John 2:1
and "still" it is SIN to "Take God's name in vain" Exodus 20:7
and "still" the TEN commandment unit in which the 5th commandment "is the FIRST commandment with a promise" Ephesians 6:2 is upheld before the saints on in the NT Eph 6:2
and "still" Paul teaches "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19

So then - even in the NT - it is STILL a sin to "take God's name in vain" Exodus 20:6 as the Bible says.

Bible details we both know to be true - and so also do the majority of pro-Sunday scholars admit to this bible detail.

as we both know.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I find it my God called duty to say nothing in that post indicates the commandments in Rev 14:12 are the 10 Cs.

Until you read it.

It is my pleasure to point out that Revelation 14:12 and John 14:15 are both written by the same author. I enjoy quoting him.

So also 1 John 5:2-3 where we find that "This IS the Love of God that we KEEP His Commandments".

So also John 12 and John 14 where John reminds us that Christ speaks only the Commandments given by the Father... not His own Words.

As we already saw here --

John 14
9 Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

John 12
49 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. 50 I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me.”

Matt 19
17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said, “You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness; 19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 20 The young man *said to Him, “All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?” 21 Jesus said to him, “If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello Bob.
True...
Not loving others is the primary sin in the New Testament.
A doctrine of the bondwoman.
and "still" the TEN commandment unit in which the 5th commandment "is the FIRST commandment with a promise" Ephesians 6:2 is upheld before the saints on in the NT Eph 6:2
If you fail to quote verse one from the second chapter of Ephesians, then you are of the bondwoman, Mt Sinai.
and "still" Paul teaches "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" 1 Cor 7:19
The sayings of Jesus, not the bondwoman's instructions.
So then - even in the NT - it is STILL a sin to "take God's name in vain" Exodus 20:6 as the Bible says.
Of course it is a sin, all deeds of the flesh are sinful, Jesus came to remove iniquity from the land in one day.
Bible details we both know to be true - and so also do the majority of pro-Sunday scholars admit to this bible detail.
Let go of the traditions of men, take hold of the truth.
as we both know.
You have been enslaved and are under the law, bewitched.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How nice.

Jul 5, 2017 #156
I see. You think you said something great in that post proving Revelation 14:12 says "ten commandments." Where?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
True...

as we both know.
It is impossible for the Christian to sin by violating the law because it has been replaced and has no jurisdiction.

Which one of your scholars teach, promote and keep the 7th day sabbath? None. That is why they're pro Sunday.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is impossible for the Christian to sin by violating the law because it has been replaced and has no jurisdiction.

Which one of your scholars teach, promote and keep the 7th day sabbath? None. That is why they're pro Sunday.
The best he can do is take some statements out of context as I proved with our formal debate.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
so why does the Christ say, (speaking of endtime conditions):
Matthew 24:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

?

(of course, we know you won't answer, maybe one of your buddies will)

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
so why does the Christ say, (speaking of endtime conditions):
Matthew 24:12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

?

(of course, we know you won't answer, maybe one of your buddies will)
You must be assuming everyone in the world is a Christian. Less the 10% of our population even attend church much less are Chfistian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bloodygrace

Newb Member
Sep 22, 2016
usa
✟20,950.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Looking for explanations and discussion on this verse.

Both Jesus and John went into great detail on what a commandment keeper is and it was all about love and faith. Seeing that the faith of Jesus is mentioned separately a commandment keeper is someone who keeps God's royal law of love.

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:34,35

Upvote 0