New England
✟512,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the most beloved and respected theologian of our day!

Share you memories....

upload_2017-12-15_14-50-24.png

Reactions: JM

AMR

Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed
Jun 19, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Visit site
✟211,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In honor of Dr. Sproul's going on to be with the Lord, Crossway is offering his classic work Justified by Faith Alone as a free download.

The ebook is available at this location: Free Ebook: Justified by Faith Alone.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Though it saddens me, he will live on through many books, audio/video recordings and the ongoing legacy of Ligonier Ministries radio broadcasts, Tabletalk magazine, online education, and the Reformation Bible College. I have mostly spent hours upon hours listening to audio recordings and his teachings have greatly enriched and impacted my life. Soli Deo Gloria!

• Agree
Reactions: JM and RC1970
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Am I the only one here who has actually met him? In college our group went to the original Ligonier -- when it was really in Ligonier, PA. I was impressed by him, even though I don't agree with all of his conservative take on the Reformed tradition. I don't doubt that he has gone home to be with his Lord.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I’ve enjoyed his ministry though the years and have been blessed greatly. I listen to many of the conferences and particularly enjoy the Q&A part. They had one earlier this year, and he did the Q&A by video conference, oxygen and all. He had a great sense of humor, and was sharp as a tack.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I’ve enjoyed his ministry though the years and have been blessed greatly. I listen to many of the conferences and particularly enjoy the Q&A part. They had one earlier this year, and he did the Q&A by video conference, oxygen and all. He had a great sense of humor, and was sharp as a tack.

Q&A's were great and I really liked John MacArthur's conferences which had Q&A panels with some great pastors and theologians, but R. C. wasn't in many of them unfortunately. Ligonier themselves though are a great ministry and R. C.'s legacy will live in through that any many other means.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've spent literally hours and hours with RC through his media output. Having suffered from insomnia for 25 years God has blessed me with night watches spent with Sproul and other godly men like him.

jm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
20 years ago, I had been put on the 6AM shift at my job. While driving into work at 5AM, I put on the local Christian radio station to see what was available. Hearing the speaker teach on the sustitutionary atonement of Christ on Christian radio, had moved me to tears. At the end of the broadcast I learned it was RC. Praise the Lord for RC.

Upvote 0