Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What are some things that will make you respectfully pass on a dating profile? Here are mine:

1. Non-religious

2. She says that she would choose her animals over you. This tells me she is looking for a more casual type of relationship.

3. She says that you must get along with all her friends and they must approve. As the man, I should only have to get along with her family.

4. She has a picture of herself skydiving. This tells me she will probably expect me to do the same. Hint: I won't.

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
  1. Non-believer
  2. Says she wants a man (or kid in my situation) with an expensive car/has to be rich
  3. Pictures of her flaunting her assets, she seeks to "prove" herself to man
  4. In her profile it is obvious she likes to party/drink alcohol
  5. Pictures of her snogging her dog.

• Agree
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What are some things that will make you respectfully pass on a dating profile? Here are mine:

1. Non-religious

2. She says that she would choose her animals over you. This tells me she is looking for a more casual type of relationship.

3. She says that you must get along with all her friends and they must approve. As the man, I should only have to get along with her family.

4. She has a picture of herself skydiving. This tells me she will probably expect me to do the same. Hint: I won't.
LOL, at this point in my life, I don't think there is anything that would make me pass-up a woman that shows an interest. Also, often people present themselves in a distorted way that they think will appeal to other people. Other times, people grow and change. IDK

Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Not my faith.
Promiscuous or kinda sketchy if you will in photos or writing.
Complicated. Like she has all these connections, interests, is busy, and so forth. I might have a ton of interests--but there's flaunting them to show you're somebody and somebody who keeps it simple whilst enjoying life.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
There might be a few more, but these are what come to mind right now.
  • Smoker. Some other things on this list I might be willing to overlook (although it's unlikely), but this is an absolute non-negotiable.
  • She's into partying/going out regularly. That's just not my thing.
  • She's into dancing. That's an activity which I have absolutely no interest in whatsoever, so anyone who mentions in on their profile probably wants their partner to do it as well, and that's never going to happen.
  • There's something along the lines of "I've just returned from a three month trip overseas", especially if it's accompanied by an indication that she's planning something similar in the future. I'm OK with short trips to other countries, but not something of that length, and in any case I don't have a job which allows me to take that much time off.
  • She's currently studying. If part-time then that means her time is going to be rather limited, and if full-time then there would need to be some indication that she's got a guarantee of a job once she's done otherwise it's a pass.
  • There's a picture of her with another guy (just someone else). You're generally only going to post a picture online of you with someone else if you're pretty good friends, but while non-romantic opposite sex friendships can be possible, highlighting them on a dating site raises too many questions.
  • She has children. I might be willing to consider it if we were a really good match otherwise, but I don't think that I'd be prepared to send the first message.
  • She's a vegetarian. I have family members who are vegetarians, so I have no issue with them in general, but I like meat too much and am very picky about which vegetables I eat, so I'm unlikely to ever convert.

• Informative
Reactions: sundewgrower
Upvote 0

Applekrate

Site Supporter
Apr 2, 2017
Arizona
✟127,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
hmmm, a few
1. not a Christian
2. cheap/[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ty/promiscuous looking in pics
3. tatoos, excessive peircings
4. more focused on career/school than being a mom or wife
5. a smoker
6. over weight

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We also can't have threads full of men judging women by their appearances.

I'm pretty sure theres been plenty of threads with women talking about wanting men with amazing careers, graduate degrees,tall, confident. I can't see one thread being a problem.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm pretty sure theres been plenty of threads with women talking about wanting men with amazing careers, graduate degrees,tall, confident. I can't see one thread being a problem.

Maybe you have a point there. I've seen some of that lately.

I just don't want to see men feel empowered to openly state their preferences here and not the women.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

1. Non-religious

Ouch..

As for me, it really depends if they sound sane or not.. lol.

In the dating scene I am in, you really want to make sure the woman has a level head and isn't crazy or anything.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Sorry Mehguy. For some reason, I don't really think of you as nonreligious, you are so respectful of everyone's beliefs.

But I feel I have already backed myself into a corner. Whatever I say now will make things worse.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry Mehguy. For some reason, I don't really think of you as nonreligious, you are so respectful of everyone's beliefs.

But I feel I have already backed myself into a corner. Whatever I say now will make things worse.

Yeah, I don't really care about people being religious or anything. Never seen a reason to take any offense to it, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1. Non-religious

Why do you think she will expect you to skydive with her? I think the great majority of people don't wish to sky dive, and the skydivers realize their friends or boyfriends or girlfriends may not want to skydive.

Upvote 0

Left

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2017
Illinois
✟81,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think she will expect you to skydive with her? I think the great majority of people don't wish to sky dive, and the skydivers realize their friends or boyfriends or girlfriends may not want to skydive.

Even so, something pulls me off about the whole idea of skydiving and posting pictures of it on a dating website. I can do something equally dangerous - stick 20 big marshmallows in my mouth- but that doesn't mean I should post pictures of it on a dating website.

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even so, something pulls me off about the whole idea of skydiving and posting pictures of it on a dating website. I can do something equally dangerous - stick 20 big marshmallows in my mouth- but that doesn't mean I should post pictures of it on a dating website.
I think it is probably to show an attitude of adventure and doing fun things, or of being athletic. I will tell you that all the "how to write a profile" articles online, they advise to take an "action shot" where you are doing something active, but that might just be advice to women so men won't think she is not "sporty".

My action shot would have to be shopping, which would be a bad idea for sure.

Upvote 0