Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This appeal to place confidence in the flesh, violates the context of the Galatians letter.

Ignoring the word of God is the epitome placing confidence in the flesh. The word of God made promises to the descendants of Abraham, which the flesh loves to destroy but the Spirit of God substantiates.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Ignoring the word of God is the epitome placing confidence in the flesh. The word of God made promises to the descendants of Abraham, which the flesh loves to destroy but the Spirit of God substantiates.
He made a promise to the seed of Abraham. Apparently there was more to "seed" than we realized. Jesus made reference to this when He called the Pharisees the children of the devil.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See the first chapter of acts. Your post is about step two, I was talking about step three (the whole world)

Step three is accomplished by the descendants of ten tribes. I've already given a number of scriptures in support.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He made a promise to the seed of Abraham. Apparently there was more to "seed" than we realized. Jesus made reference to this when He called the Pharisees the children of the devil.

But the promises were to the seed in the collective and singular sense. Galatian 3. The collective represent the biological descendants, which RT destroys.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟806,567.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
J. H. Allen for one. And the majority has usually proven to be heretical and the remnant true believers. It's the Abrahamic covenant criterion, the fulfillment of the descendants of Abraham by which the gentiles are blessed.
J.H Allen was a 19th century modernist.

What recognized leaders, scholars, or apologists from the first two centuries of the early post-apostolic New Testament era supported your claims?

Quotes and their sources, please.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:3)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Replacement Theology Refuted

What is replaced.........the OC Temple and Mosaic Priesthood...............

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized

Matthew 24:
1 And Jesus coming out, departed from the Temple.
2 And Jesus answering said to him, “thou are beholding these, the great buildings.
Not no may be being left here stone upon stone which not no may be being thrown-down<2647>
Mark 13:
1 And He going forth out of the Temple,
Luke 21:
5 and of some saying concerning the Temple,

Hebrews 7:12
For being changed/translated<3346> the Priesthood
out of necessity also, of Law a change/translation<3331> is becoming,

Revelation 1:6
And makes us kings and priests
to the God and Father Him. To Him the glory and the might into the ages of the ages. Amen.

Revelation 5:10
And Thou make us kings and priests
to our God and we shall be reigning on the land.

Revelation 20:6

Happy/Blessed<3107> the one having part in the first ressurection/standing-up<386> upon these the second death not is having authority,
but shall be being priests of the God and of the Christ and shall be reigning with Him the thousand years.
======================
Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priests for Me;

Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

Malachi 2
1 “And now, O priests, this command is for you. 2 If you will not listen, if you will not take it to heart to give honor to my name, says the Lord of hosts, then I will send the curse upon you and I will curse your blessings. Indeed, I have already cursed them, because you do not lay it to heart.

3 Behold, I will rebuke your offspring,a and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and you shall be taken away with it

7 For the lips of a Priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.

8 But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction.
You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts,

9 and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep my ways but show partiality in your instruction.”

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
History records few events more generally interesting than the destruction of Jerusalem, and the subversion of the Jewish state, by the arms of the Romans. -- Their intimate connexion with the dissolution of the Levitical economy, and the establishment of Christianity in the world ; the striking verification which they afford of so many of the prophecies, both of the Old and New Testament, and the powerful arguments of the divine authority of the Scriptures which are thence derived ; the solemn warnings and admonitions which they hold out to all nations, but especially such as are favoured with the light and blessings of REVELATION ;

===============================
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,While Jerusalem was a prey to these ferocious and devouring factions, every part of Judea was scourged and laid waste by bands of robbers and murderers,.........The three factions, rendered frantic by drunkenness, rage, and desperation, trampling on heaps of slain, fought against each other with brutal savageness and madness.
Even such as brou't sacrifices to the temple were murdered.
The dead bodies of priests and worshippers, both natives and foreigners were heaped together, and a lake of blood stagnated in the sacred courts..............

For five days after the destruction of the Temple, the priests who had escaped, sat, pining with hunger, on the top of one of its broken walls;

At length, they came down, and humbly asked the pardon of Titus, which, however, he refused to grant them, saying, that, "as the Temple, for the sake of which he would have spared them, was destroyed, it was but fit that its priests should parish also:" -whereupon he commanded that they should be put to death. .........

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But the promises were to the seed in the collective and singular sense. Galatian 3. The collective represent the biological descendants, which RT destroys.
There's no need for biological ancestors, if he wanted, God could raise up children of Abraham. you know ... from any pile of rocks.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
J.H Allen was a 19th century modernist.

What recognized leaders, scholars, or apologists from the first two centuries of the early post-apostolic New Testament era supported your claims?

Quotes and their sources, please.

You got the wrong J. H. Allen! And your request is absurd; the era you speak of did not have the advantage of some two thousand years of progressive revelation and cannot be a reliable source for a greater understanding of eschatology. You have a superficial perception of progressive revelation.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's no need for biological ancestors, if he wanted, God could raise up children of Abraham. you know ... from any pile of rocks.

But he didn't, did he? God doesn't need anything; that does not translate into he hasn't used the descendants of Abraham in his plans, promises and prophecies. The scriptures affirm he has!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But he didn't, did he? God doesn't need anything; that does not translate into he hasn't used the descendants of Abraham in his plans, promises and prophecies. The scriptures affirm he has!
Yeah, the biological covenant was completed in Jesus Christ, the last Adam.

Now that we have the last Adam, there is no more need for interaction on that level.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Thessalonians 2
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? (Galatians 3:3)

You should look in the mirror when you read this.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You should look in the mirror when you read this.
Self examination is not a bad thing, but when you put it back to me immediately, this reminds me of the garden. Shifting blame is the last thing they did before being ejected from paradise. At the very least it tells me where you're at.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, the biological covenant was completed in Jesus Christ, the last Adam.

Now that we have the last Adam, there is no more need for interaction on that level.

This doesn't surmount Galatian 3. The collective sense of seed maintains the biological descendants of Abraham were prophesied to bless the nations and all the OT prophets agree. RT superficially attempts to suppress the latter by casting out the grammatical-historical intent of the scriptures.

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Self examination is not a bad thing, but when you put it back to me immediately, this reminds me of the garden. Shifting blame is the last thing they did before being ejected from paradise. At the very least it tells me where you're at.

It reminds me that you should remove the beam from your eye before you attempt to remove my splinter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
This doesn't surmount Galatian 3. The collective sense of seed maintains the biological descendants of Abraham were prophesied to bless the nations and all the OT prophets agree. RT superficially attempts to suppress the latter by casting out the grammatical-historical intent of the scriptures.

Acts 1
6 ¶ When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Since it is not for you to know ... how can you say that?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It reminds me that you should remove the beam from your eye before you attempt to remove my splinter.
but isn't it comickal? starting a thread then getting smacked upside the head with a two by four (in my eye, howbeit) the whole time?

Upvote 0

Jerryhuerta

Historicist
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2018
Tucson
Visit site
✟225,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but isn't it comickal? starting a thread then getting smacked upside the head with a two by four (in my eye, howbeit) the whole time?
What's so unusual, if they called Christ a devil how much more so will they call those who serve them. Popularity is overrated.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What's so unusual, if they called Christ a devil how much more so will they call those who serve them. Popularity is overrated.
was just lightening the mood by making fun of myself.

Upvote 0