✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sets777

To say that quoting God's Word in answer to your objection is spamming is what is disgusting and disrespectful to God and His Word. Since you cannot refute God's Word, you have reverted to attacking the messenger of God's Word.

Yes you spamming it

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
.. but He now commands all men everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)​
... but now He commands all of them everywhere to turn away from their evil ways. (Acts 17:30)​

Repentace is still a choice as you stated above ... (I repented; and after that I was instructed ... ).
Repentance is still a choice today just as it was with the Hebrew Tanakh and still is a choice with the New Covenant.

"Sin no more that nothing worse may happen to you" ... and ... "Go, and from now on do not sin anymore"
Its a choice ... a decision by each person. It's still up to each one whether or not to obey His commands.

Your posts come across as if you're a type of Calvinist. As if it's preordained by GOD who will repent and who won't repent.
In the following scripture Jeremiah prays that YHWH will "turn me and I will be turned"

18 “I have surely heard Ephraim grieving thus,​
‘You have chastised me,​
and I was chastised, as an untrained calf.​
Turn me, and I will be turned;​
for you are Yahweh my God.​
19 Surely after that I was turned.​
I repented.

"He commands all men everywhere to repent." ... Is it not the resposibility (choice) of sinful man whether or not to repent?
God must and does give repentance else no one can repent. Repentance is a New Spiritual Life, a change of mind, and when He is commanding it, Hes causing it. Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟354,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God must and does give repentance else no one can repent. Repentance is a New Spiritual Life, a change of mind, and when He is commanding it, Hes causing it. Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

"Ezekiel 11:16-22" is a parallel account to "Ezekiel 36:24-27" but "Ezekiel 11:16-22" provides more detail, in that, God will only give a new heart and new spirit to those who first take away the detestable and abominable things. But for those who do not take away the detestable and abomoninable things, God will bring upon them a curse.

First, let us read the Passages you referred to as follows:

Ezekiel 36:24-27 (WEB) 24 “For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all the countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your filthiness, and from all your idols. 26 I will also give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes. You will keep my ordinances and do them."

Now compare "Ezekiel 36:24-27" to "Ezekiel 11:16-22" and you will see that God will only give Israel a new heart and spirit if they first remove the detestable things from among them.

Ezekiel 11:16-22 (WEB)
16 “Therefore say, ‘The Lord Yahweh says: “Whereas I have removed them far off among the nations, and whereas I have scattered them among the countries, yet I will be to them a sanctuary for a little while in the countries where they have come.”’ 17 “Therefore say, ‘The Lord Yahweh says: “I will gather you from the peoples, and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.”

18 “‘They will come there, and they will take away all its detestable things and all its abominations from there. 19 I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh; 20 that they may walk in my statutes, and keep my ordinances, and do them. They will be my people, and I will be their God. 21 But as for them whose heart walks after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring their way on their own heads,’ says the Lord Yahweh.”

In addition, "Ezekiel 36:24-27" but "Ezekiel 11:16-22" are both describing "New Covenant" teaching, which is in the New Testament. We only receive this eternal life from the Spirit as we live, walk, and sow to the Spirit. But for those who resist the Spirit, will be destroyed.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) 7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap destruction. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{from the Spirit}} reap eternal life. 9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, {{if we}} do not give up.

Romans 8:12-14 (NIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB) 24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Romans 8:3-4 (WEB) 3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; 4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Those who resist the Spirit, the Spirit will not give life to.

Acts 7:51 (WEB) You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.

Even Christians can grieve (Ephesians 4:17-32; Isaiah 63:10); quench (1 Thessalonians 5:19); insult (Hebrews 10:24-31); resist (Act 7:51), reject (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8), lie to (Acts 5:3), and test (Acts 5:9), the Spirit of God indwelling them, which can result in eternal punishment if not repented of (Hebrews 10:24-30); for the Spirit will only give eternal life to those Christians who continue to sow to the Spirit without giving up (Galatians 6:7-9).

Incidentally, the New Heart and New Spirit will become a full reality for the Jews in the Millennial Kingdom - the Thousand Year reign of Christ on earth.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Ezekiel 11:16-22" is a parallel account to "Ezekiel 36:24-27" but "Ezekiel 11:16-22" provides more detail, in that, God will only give a new heart and new spirit to those who first take away the detestable and abominable things. But for those who do not take away the detestable and abomoninable things, God will bring upon them a curse.

First, let us read the Passages you referred to as follows:

Ezekiel 36:24-27 (WEB) 24 “For I will take you from among the nations and gather you out of all the countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your filthiness, and from all your idols. 26 I will also give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes. You will keep my ordinances and do them."

Now compare "Ezekiel 36:24-27" to "Ezekiel 11:16-22" and you will see that God will only give Israel a new heart and spirit if they first remove the detestable things from among them.

Ezekiel 11:16-22 (WEB)
16 “Therefore say, ‘The Lord Yahweh says: “Whereas I have removed them far off among the nations, and whereas I have scattered them among the countries, yet I will be to them a sanctuary for a little while in the countries where they have come.”’ 17 “Therefore say, ‘The Lord Yahweh says: “I will gather you from the peoples, and assemble you out of the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.”

18 “‘They will come there, and they will take away all its detestable things and all its abominations from there. 19 I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh; 20 that they may walk in my statutes, and keep my ordinances, and do them. They will be my people, and I will be their God. 21 But as for them whose heart walks after the heart of their detestable things and their abominations, I will bring their way on their own heads,’ says the Lord Yahweh.”

In addition, "Ezekiel 36:24-27" but "Ezekiel 11:16-22" are both describing "New Covenant" teaching, which is in the New Testament. We only receive this eternal life from the Spirit as we live, walk, and sow to the Spirit. But for those who resist the Spirit, will be destroyed.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) 7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap destruction. But he who sows to the Spirit will {{from the Spirit}} reap eternal life. 9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, {{if we}} do not give up.

Romans 8:12-14 (NIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, {{{we}}} have an obligation – but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Galatians 5:24-25 (WEB) 24 Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Romans 8:3-4 (WEB) 3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; 4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​

Those who resist the Spirit, the Spirit will not give life to.

Acts 7:51 (WEB) You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.

Even Christians can grieve (Ephesians 4:17-32; Isaiah 63:10); quench (1 Thessalonians 5:19); insult (Hebrews 10:24-31); resist (Act 7:51), reject (1 Thessalonians 4:1-8), lie to (Acts 5:3), and test (Acts 5:9), the Spirit of God indwelling them, which can result in eternal punishment if not repented of (Hebrews 10:24-30); for the Spirit will only give eternal life to those Christians who continue to sow to the Spirit without giving up (Galatians 6:7-9).

Incidentally, the New Heart and New Spirit will become a full reality for the Jews in the Millennial Kingdom - the Thousand Year reign of Christ on earth.
Still spamming up scripture, Repentance is given by God.

Upvote 0

Dah'veed

Jan 23, 2023
Zion
✟26,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Divide said:
We do not have an animal nature
The haughty are like the beasts that perish. Ps 49:12,20
They will utterly perish in their own corruption; 2 Peter 2:12
Worldly-minded [secular, unspiritual, carnal—unsaved], devoid of the Spirit. Jude 1:19
Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! The Spirit gives life; the [animal instinct] profits nothing. John 6:62
He gave us birth through the word of truth; James 1:18
Present yourselves approved dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Tim 2:15

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most of us say repentance means turning from sin, turning to Christ. What then do we mean by turning from sin, turning to Christ? I have given this some serious thought. I believe repentance means STOP sinning and turning to God for forgiveness of our sins. Then people will say: "We are sinners, we can't stop sinning!" If we can't stop sinning, what then does it mean to "turn from sin"?
Need your thoughts on 1 John 3:9 and reads , Whosoever is born of God doth NOT commit sin , for his seed remaineth in him , and he cannot sin because he is born of God ?

What say you ?

dan p

Reactions: Rapture Bound
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Need your thoughts on 1 John 3:9 and reads , Whosoever is born of God doth NOT commit sin , for his seed remaineth in him , and he cannot sin because he is born of God ?
Are you saying a passage referring to Jesus also refers to us?

• Haha
Reactions: Rapture Bound
Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,663.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What say you ?

dan p
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.
- NIV 1 John 3:9

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.
- NIV 1 John 2:1-2

I would probably say that as a believer you can't continue in sin, but if he/she sins there is forgiveness to be received for that sin.

Upvote 0