ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. Being born again and baptised in the Spirit are two different things, as I have already said.
If a Christian became perfect when they were baptised in the Spirit, the world would have very many perfect people in it - so where are they?
:amen:

We still struggle against our flesh. As Paul said he does not do what he wants to do but instead what he doesn't want to do.

The mind is strong, but the flesh is weak. It is a constant battle.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Clearly you do not know what "sin" is, for sin is this,

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(1 John 3:4 [KJV])

Have you read the Law? The "Law" is the first five books of the bible, also called the Law of Moses. This Law reveals everything that is sin,

What then shall we say? That the law is sin? By no means! Yet if it had not been for the law, I would not have known sin. For I would not have known what it is to covet if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” (Romans 7:7 [ESV])

For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. (Romans 3:20 [ESV])

Therefore, "drove more than the speed limit" has nothing to do with sin, for the Law of God has no regard about the laws of man. Do not laws of man exist that you may not "loiter" in certain public spaces? To disobey either of these has nothing to do with obedience to God.
Jesus left us with two new laws, New Testament laws.

Love each other and love God.

All the things that the previous person listed are sins against another person and/or yourself.

If it is not love, then it is sin.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I already showed you the scripture indicating that being born of the spirit is being born again. Its in the same passage, did you not read?

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' (John 3:5-7 [NIV])

I'm sorry bud, but you are in error. I am trying to educate you on these matters, but if you want to keep resisting, then that is on you. Look over the verses again, perhaps re-read the study I posted on my blog, and once you come to some sort of understanding, hit me up, and we can advance further into the topic. I will warn once, twice, maybe "thrice", but after that I'm just wasting my time. I'm busy, and its 4:30am.
No she's not.

Read about the gifts of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit chooses who receives what gifts after salvation. Some people do receive an extra baptism of the Holy Spirit if they need it for their work/ministry.

All get the Holy Spirit and are sealed with the Holy Spirit in the New Covenant.

Some after, receive a gift of the Spirit which is called by some 'baptism of the Spirit' (which I think is bad wording and confusing for the most part, so I do not use it.) I call it a gift of the Spirit.

Look in the Bible. What are the gifts of the Spirit? Can you list them?

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus left us with two new laws, New Testament laws.

Love each other and love God.

All the things that the previous person listed are sins against another person and/or yourself.

If it is not love, then it is sin.

You do realize that love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your heart were already commands found in the Law. They aren't new commands.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No she's not.

Read about the gifts of the Spirit. The Holy Spirit chooses who receives what gifts after salvation. Some people do receive an extra baptism of the Holy Spirit if they need it for their work/ministry.

All get the Holy Spirit and are sealed with the Holy Spirit in the New Covenant.

Some after, receive a gift of the Spirit which is called by some 'baptism of the Spirit' (which I think is bad wording and confusing for the most part, so I do not use it.) I call it a gift of the Spirit.

Look in the Bible. What are the gifts of the Spirit? Can you list them?

This "extra baptism of the holy spirit" is "get the holy spirit". If someone is not baptized with the holy spirit, then they do not have the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clearly you do not know what "sin" is, for sin is this,

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(1 John 3:4 [KJV])

Have you read the Law? The "Law" is the first five books of the bible, also called the Law of Moses. This Law reveals everything that is sin,

Sin is disobeying, rebelling against, God. Adam knew that God had commanded him NOT to do something; he did it anyway.
The OT law, in the first 5 books of the Bible, was given to the Hebrew people; those who had been rescued by God, from slavery in Egypt. These laws told them how to live as God's holy people.

Jesus told us to treat others as we ourselves would like to be treated, to love our neighbour as ourselves and to love as he loved us.
He also told the crowds that formerly, they had been given commands forbidding murder and adultery. But that if a person grumbled against someone and called him a fool, or even looked lustfully at a women, or had impure thoughts; that was just as bad. On another occasion, he said that it didn't matter what a person put into their mouths, it was what was in their heart that made them unclean:

"adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.” Mark 7:22-23.

So, if you have done, or thought, any of these things; you have sinned.

Therefore, "drove more than the speed limit" has nothing to do with sin, for the Law of God has no regard about the laws of man.

Er yes it does.
A) If you break the speed limit you are disobeying the law and rules of the road. You could try going to court and saying "the Bible does not have anything about speed limits, therefore it is not sin, it is a man made law and doesn't matter because it is not from God"; good luck with that one.
B) a car is a lethal weapon and you are endangering life by breaking the speed limit. You risk causing injury or even death by doing so, and may scare your passengers by going too fast.
And C) the Bible says nothing about watching tv or films, listening to"worldly" music or using Social Security; yet elsewhere you laid down a, man made (by you), law that these things were a sin.

We are made in the image of God. God is just, peace loving and rules the world wisely; so he gave us these abilities too so that we may rule, and organise fairly, the world that he gave us.

Even in Jesus' day when Israel had been invaded, and were ruled by, a pagan nation; he submitted to its rules and paid taxes and so on.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Sin is disobeying, rebelling against, God. Adam knew that God had commanded him NOT to do something; he did it anyway.
The OT law, in the first 5 books of the Bible, was given to the Hebrew people; those who had been rescued by God, from slavery in Egypt. These laws told them how to live as God's holy people.

Jesus told us to treat others as we ourselves would like to be treated, to love our neighbour as ourselves and to love as he loved us.
He also told the crowds that formerly, they had been given commands forbidding murder and adultery. But that if a person grumbled against someone and called him a fool, or even looked lustfully at a women, or had impure thoughts; that was just as bad. On another occasion, he said that it didn't matter what a person put into their mouths, it was what was in their heart that made them unclean:

"adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.” Mark 7:22-23.

So, if you have done, or thought, any of these things; you have sinned.

Er yes it does.
A) If you break the speed limit you are disobeying the law and rules of the road. You could try going to court and saying "the Bible does not have anything about speed limits, therefore it is not sin, it is a man made law and doesn't matter because it is not from God"; good luck with that one.
B) a car is a lethal weapon and you are endangering life by breaking the speed limit. You risk causing injury or even death by doing so, and may scare your passengers by going too fast.
And C) the Bible says nothing about watching tv or films, listening to"worldly" music or using Social Security; yet elsewhere you laid down a, man made (by you), law that these things were a sin.

We are made in the image of God. God is just, peace loving and rules the world wisely; so he gave us these abilities too so that we may rule, and organise fairly, the world that he gave us.

Even in Jesus' day when Israel had been invaded, and were ruled by, a pagan nation; he submitted to its rules and paid taxes and so on.

Was the command to not eat of the forbidden fruit not given to Adam, yet the command also applied to the woman?

And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden... (Genesis 2:16 [NIV])

So in likewise manner is the Law, it was given to the Israelites, yet it applies to the entire world, hence,

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. (Romans 3:19 [NIV])

For when the apostles speak of murderers, thieves, homosexuals not inheriting the kingdom of God, they are in fact referencing commands of the Law, "you shall not murder", "you shall not steal", "you shall not lie with a man as you do a woman". So you cannot disassociate the applicability of the Law to Gentiles also, otherwise you would be discarding precepts in the Law that even Gentiles have as laws unto themselves,

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. (Romans 2:14 [NIV])

Now, Jesus told us to love our neighbor as ourselves. Guess what, this is a command in the Law,

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18 [NIV])

Jesus Christ taught against adultery of the heart. Guess what, another command in the Law, it is called coveting your neighbor's wife,

"You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." (Exodus 20:17 [NIV])

Jesus Christ taught against calling your neighbor "raca", which means worthless. Guess what, that is hating your brother in your heart, which is why you would've called him worthless,

"'Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. (Leviticus 19:17 [NIV])

All these commands that Jesus Christ taught were already in the Law, but he spoke of these commands especially, because the Pharisees cared more about traditions, like tzitzit and tefillin, being seen as pious by men, yet they neglected the weightier matters of the Law,

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. (Matthew 23:23 [NIV])

Now, again, the laws of man are not the laws of God. Does there not exist a minimum speed limit on the highways? A person is therefore not sinning against God if he drives slower, or if he needs to come to a stop because there is high traffic. To try to associate the laws of man with the laws of God to make it seem impossible to obey God is quite foolish, because God has no regard for the laws of man. Were Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego not ordered by the king to bow to an idol?

Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?" (Daniel 3:15 [NIV])

Yet they disobeyed the decree of the king, that they may not disobey the law of God, because there exists a distinction between both laws, and obedience or disobedience to the laws of man does not equate into obedience or disobedience to the laws of God, unless the command of man coincides with the command of God. So if the command of a nation is "do not kill", then surely you must you that it is also a sin against God to kill, because God also has a command of "do not kill". Does the law of man not forbid growing cannabis plants, yet cannabis plants are a naturally occurring plant grown by God? If a man decides to grow cannabis plants because he just simply likes the way they look, but doesn't participate in altering them into a drug, then he is indeed not sinning against God, for the law of God does not forbid growing any type of plant. Again, these are all man made laws and regulations and rules, having nothing to do with the laws of God.

Even so, why do you think certain men were called blameless, like Noah? Even before the perfection caused by the blood of Jesus Christ and sanctification of the holy spirit came,

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. (Genesis 6:9 [NIV])

So it is indeed possible to be blameless, and even more so now with the baptism of the holy spirit.

Also, the bible does not mention TV or movies, but it does mention,

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. (Psalm 101:3 [KJV])

So if you are setting movies and TV before your eyes, that have murders, thefts, sexual sin, and many other depravities, you are also sinning.

The bible also does not mention social security, but it does mention interest, and also usury,

engages in usury… Will he live? He will not! Because he has done all these abominable deeds he will certainly die. He will bear the responsibility for his own death. (Ezekiel 18:13 [NETBIBLE])

and shall not take money by usury; he shall turn his hand from injustice; he shall execute a just judgment between a man and his neighbor; (Ezekiel 18:8 [ABP])

So if you are paying into or using social security, you are engaging in usury.

The law is is the embodiment of all knowledge and truth,

if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— (Romans 2:18-20 [NIV])

So if you discard the law, you are discarding the manual of life, that reveals everything that is sin. It is impossible that anyone who says that the Law is discarded to be fully obedient to God, which will result in..... well, not a good outcome.

Upvote 0

Xavier Cane

Jan 24, 2017
Ohio
✟12,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many on this thread are actually living what they preach. How can you preach something that you have not experienced?

This is what Sinless perfection is...you have reached the point where it is impossible for you to ever sin again, and in fact, you do not have a sin nature in your human body anymore....Because that is sinless perfection

Is that you? If so, that means, there is no more spiritual growth for you. You are a full perfect being. Just like Jesus.

In Gods eyes were are perfect. But His eyes alone, that is if We truly be in Christ, which makes us perfectly Justified, and a Position of perfect sanctification. But our condition is yet fallen and needs to be developed by the Holy Spirit. Which is why there will be no Perfect people on this side of the grave.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,363.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was the command to not eat of the forbidden fruit not given to Adam, yet the command also applied to the woman?

And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden... (Genesis 2:16 [NIV])

So in likewise manner is the Law, it was given to the Israelites, yet it applies to the entire world, hence,

If you're saying that all the food and hygiene laws given to the Hebrews at Mt Sinai apply to, and have to be kept by Christians in 21st century; I disagree.
You can keep them if you wish, but Jesus didn't command his followers to do so, and the law doesn't save us. Jesus, who has fulfilled the law for Jews, does.
But I notice from your profile picture that you are not wearing robes and appear to have trimmed your beard, Leviticus 19:27; so maybe you don't keep it fully yourself?

Now, Jesus told us to love our neighbor as ourselves. Guess what, this is a command in the Law,

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:18 [NIV])

Jesus Christ taught against adultery of the heart. Guess what, another command in the Law, it is called coveting your neighbor's wife,

I know.

You said that the law is the first 5 books of the Bible; I was pointing out that Jesus went much further than this. The law says "you shall not murder", and many people would say they have kept that law. I was pointing out that Jesus said that even thinking badly of someone in your heart, is as bad as murder. So there are commands Jesus gave us which go much further than the OT, and we are not told to keep Jewish food and hygiene laws.
Which means that the definition of sin is much broader than "not keeping the laws in the Torah.

Now, again, the laws of man are not the laws of God. Does there not exist a minimum speed limit on the highways? A person is therefore not sinning against God if he drives slower, or if he needs to come to a stop because there is high traffic.

?? That wasn't the example; we were talking about breaking the speed limit - disregarding the law for maximum speed.

Again, these are all man made laws and regulations and rules, having nothing to do with the laws of God.

Man made laws are there for a reason; usually reasons of safety, peace, harmony and in the interests of getting along and good government.
Saying that you don't have to obey man made laws, disregarding them and doing your own thing, or deciding for yourself which laws you will obey and which are daft; is pride. Someone who does that is saying, "of course I don't have to obey the speed limit; it's not of God so it's not important". The person is putting themselves above the law; thinking the are better than it. At best, that's arrogance; at worst, it's dangerous. Look at all the world leaders who take, and do, what they want and is best for them - even if it means leading their country into war, or that poorer people suffer.

Even so, why do you think certain men were called blameless, like Noah? Even before the perfection caused by the blood of Jesus Christ and sanctification of the holy spirit came,

Yet Noah wasn't perfect.
If he had been - and Job as well, come to that - Jesus would not have needed to come, be born and die for us. Scripture says, "there is no one who does what is good; not one, Psalm 14, and "ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God", Romans 3:23. If it was possible to be perfect, sinless, by keeping the law, and rules; we wouldn't need Jesus, just an enormous amount of willpower - and we would then be credited for saving ourselves.
The message of the Gospel, and amazing grace of God is that we could NOT save ourselves and deserved hell, but God saved us for a relationship with him.

So it is indeed possible to be blameless, and even more so now with the baptism of the holy spirit.

Well I don't see anyone at all who's managed it.
If anyone were to manage it, it would mean they would no longer need Jesus, and they would have arrived as a fully complete, satisfied, rounded human being - perfect faith, a perfect prayer life and perfect, blameless and sinless in their treatment of other people.
There is no one like that.
Jesus was unique because he was the only truly perfect person who has ever lived.

So if you are setting movies and TV before your eyes, that have murders, thefts, sexual sin, and many other depravities, you are also sinning.

So if I watch "Jesus of Nazareth", or a similar programme on the life of Christ, which shows the babies who were killed at Jesus' birth, Herod lusting after his daughter-in-law, features Jesus' illegal trial, betrayal, flogging, crucifixion and death; I am sinning?
I think not.

There are a lot of bad stories on the news night after night; if we don't watch, or at least listen to the reports, we will remain ignorant and will then be not able to pray for the situations involved and/or campaign and complain against them.

The bible also does not mention social security, but it does mention interest, and also usury,

engages in usury… Will he live? He will not! Because he has done all these abominable deeds he will certainly die. He will bear the responsibility for his own death. (Ezekiel 18:13 [NETBIBLE])

and shall not take money by usury; he shall turn his hand from injustice; he shall execute a just judgment between a man and his neighbor; (Ezekiel 18:8 [ABP])

You have a different definition, and interpretation, of this than everyone else.
Plenty of people need benefits in order to survive, and it is not a sin to claim them.

So if you discard the law, you are discarding the manual of life, that reveals everything that is sin .

I didn't say we should discard the law. I said that Gentiles don't need to keep all the food and hygiene laws as outlined in the Torah.
You seem to be suggesting it is possible to ignore and discard the law of the land because it is "nothing to do with God." But even Jesus submitted to the law laid down by pagan Romans - instead of saying, for example, "I'm not paying taxes; it is a man made law." Paul also tells us to submit to the authorities, Romans 13.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that love your neighbor as yourself and love God with all your heart were already commands found in the Law. They aren't new commands.
They are commands given by Christ. That is newer than Moses.

That is what I meant. But in no way do I put these commands of Jesus on par with the Law. The Law was then, Jesus and His commands are now.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. (Romans 3:19 [NIV])

For when the apostles speak of murderers, thieves, homosexuals not inheriting the kingdom of God, they are in fact referencing commands of the Law, "you shall not murder", "you shall not steal", "you shall not lie with a man as you do a woman". So you cannot disassociate the applicability of the Law to Gentiles also, otherwise you would be discarding precepts in the Law that even Gentiles have as laws unto themselves,

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. (Romans 2:14 [NIV])

"You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." (Exodus 20:17 [NIV])

Jesus Christ taught against calling your neighbor "raca", which means worthless. Guess what, that is hating your brother in your heart, which is why you would've called him worthless,

"'Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt. (Leviticus 19:17 [NIV])

All these commands that Jesus Christ taught were already in the Law, but he spoke of these commands especially, because the Pharisees cared more about traditions, like tzitzit and tefillin, being seen as pious by men, yet they neglected the weightier matters of the Law,

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. (Matthew 23:23 [NIV])

Now, again, the laws of man are not the laws of God. Does there not exist a minimum speed limit on the highways? A person is therefore not sinning against God if he drives slower, or if he needs to come to a stop because there is high traffic. To try to associate the laws of man with the laws of God to make it seem impossible to obey God is quite foolish, because God has no regard for the laws of man. Were Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego not ordered by the king to bow to an idol?

Now when you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, if you are ready to fall down and worship the image I made, very good. But if you do not worship it, you will be thrown immediately into a blazing furnace. Then what god will be able to rescue you from my hand?" (Daniel 3:15 [NIV])

Yet they disobeyed the decree of the king, that they may not disobey the law of God, because there exists a distinction between both laws, and obedience or disobedience to the laws of man does not equate into obedience or disobedience to the laws of God, unless the command of man coincides with the command of God. So if the command of a nation is "do not kill", then surely you must you that it is also a sin against God to kill, because God also has a command of "do not kill". Does the law of man not forbid growing cannabis plants, yet cannabis plants are a naturally occurring plant grown by God? If a man decides to grow cannabis plants because he just simply likes the way they look, but doesn't participate in altering them into a drug, then he is indeed not sinning against God, for the law of God does not forbid growing any type of plant. Again, these are all man made laws and regulations and rules, having nothing to do with the laws of God.

This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. (Genesis 6:9 [NIV])

Also, the bible does not mention TV or movies, but it does mention,

I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. (Psalm 101:3 [KJV])

The law is is the embodiment of all knowledge and truth,

if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law; if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark, an instructor of the foolish, a teacher of little children, because you have in the law the embodiment of knowledge and truth— (Romans 2:18-20 [NIV])

So if you discard the law, you are discarding the manual of life, that reveals everything that is sin. It is impossible that anyone who says that the Law is discarded to be fully obedient to God, which will result in..... well, not a good outcome.
Jesus left us with TWO Laws which fulfill ALL of the Law and the prophets.

So your referring back to the Law is very confusing because are you obeying the Law or Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This study goes over why it is necessary to stop sinning, which is what "repent" actually means, what the circumcision of the heart is, what the baptism of the holy spirit causes, and the purpose of the first coming of Jesus Christ to not only atone for sin, but to end it. The study can be found in English here Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit | Wisdom of God or in Spanish here Arrepentimiento y No Pecar Más, Perfección y Nacido del Espíritu | Sabiduria de Dios , let us begin a discussion on this matter here.

On a scale of one to ten, ten being right up there with The Apostle Paul
after he was blinded......
how repentant do you think that this young Israeli teenager is?

To quote your blog......
Natan sure seems fearful to me.......

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
(Hebrews 10:26-27 [KJV])

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This study goes over why it is necessary to stop sinning, which is what "repent" actually means, what the circumcision of the heart is, what the baptism of the holy spirit causes, and the purpose of the first coming of Jesus Christ to not only atone for sin, but to end it. The study can be found in English here Repentance and Sin No More, Perfection and Born of the Spirit | Wisdom of God or in Spanish here Arrepentimiento y No Pecar Más, Perfección y Nacido del Espíritu | Sabiduria de Dios , let us begin a discussion on this matter here.

I quoted your blog into this other discussion.....
in my opinion you did a great job of writing this up.

Israeli near death experiencer verifies some teaching of Yeshua - Jesus.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm glad you enjoyed the study. Let me know if there are any other matters you'd like to discuss personally. I love speaking with like-minded believers, there are so very few.

I am a Christian who was taught to try my best to observe the weekly and annual Sabbaths of Judaism and avoid foods like pork and lobster.

I do believe that the type of Sabbath observance taught by Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus was not quite as simplistic as the Wordwide Church of God taught though.

Sabbath observance under extreme situations?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This "extra baptism of the holy spirit" is "get the holy spirit". If someone is not baptized with the holy spirit, then they do not have the holy spirit.
It should not be.

Every believer has the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the seal of the New Covenant which is why the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Christ's.

Upvote 0