loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rep. Duncan Hunter resigns from Congress
Rep. Duncan Hunter will officially step down from Congress next week, more than a month after the California Republican pleaded guilty to conspiracy to misuse campaign funds.

Hunter had previously said he would leave Congress after the holidays. His resignation will take effect Jan. 13, according to a copy of the letter he sent to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday.

“Perhaps the contribution I am most proud of is giving a voice to our men and women in uniform,” wrote Hunter, a Marine Corps veteran. “It has been an honor to serve the people of California’s 50th district, and I greatly appreciate the trust they have put in me over these last 11 years.”

Hunter, 43, and his wife Margaret were indicted in August 2018 for allegedly diverting $250,000 in campaign funds for personal use, including to pay for lavish family vacations and their children’s school tuition. Prosecutors also accused Hunter of using campaign cash to pursue extramarital affairs with lobbyists and congressional aides.
wow...this part was interesting:
Hunter’s resignation represents the end of an era for his family, who have been a political dynasty in Southern California politics for decades. Hunter or his father, Duncan Hunter Sr., have held that San Diego seat since 1980.
I thought "man, that's like 20 plus years!" Then I realized 1980 was 40 years ago!! :eek:
tulc(is feeling really old right now...someone gave him a senior discount at a store today as well) :swoon:

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rep. Duncan Hunter resigns from Congress

wow...this part was interesting:

I thought "man, that's like 20 plus years!" Then I realized 1980 was 40 years ago!! :eek:
tulc(is feeling really old right now...someone gave him a senior discount at a store today as well) :swoon:

Both have voted to authorize every military action in the past 40 years too. Their biggest donors were defense contractors.

Upvote 0