Remarriage bad news for those who have no problem with it

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,067.00
Faith
Christian
It is not the best thing biblically to divorce even an abusive spouse or cheater if you ever had true love. Some of the saints in our church didn't. Jesus was betrothed to one person the church. There may be allowances but some think it is not biblical at all but as it can be allowed it is not the most godly thing to do and I don't know if you wilfully do it or is dangerous for your soul and harder to repent I don't know nonetheless it is not the best. You should trust even if you don't reconcile that God can work miracles through your love to bring them to repentance without remarrying and just having a civil divorce but not church divorce
I learnt this from a godly girl and I agree with her. We can't limit God power. Do we care for heaven or earthly happiness ?

However you should probably never reconcile with that person if he abuses your forgiveness without divorcing him either

I haven't thought of the case if you never had children because I don't know if you ever had true love or she was plotting evil from the start

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Do we care for heaven or earthly happiness ?
I would have though earthly happiness was part of why we have life.... otherwise whats the point of being alive. And if its not then, it kinda infers put up with the abuse and suffer, because whats happening in your life is not important, its what happens when your dead.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,989.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If your not reconciled with God it doesn't matter. God's ideas of what a star is in this world differs from what He sees as stars (Daniel something) that comes from winning souls. Maybe reconciling with your wife is a first start, a practice for out in the world or anywhere else in your life. Hopefully you would be able to sway the marraige toward good coming from it rather than being swayed to the bad.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be honest earthly happiness is now why we have life. Maybe before the apple it was. But since the apple things changed. Our real happiness is after we die. The point of being alive is to worship God and in this case spread the Word. Crossing the finish line despite the suffering is our goal in terms of making it to the end. People who focus on happiness in this life have missed what the bible talks about. It isn't to say what we do isn't important in this life, because after all we are to spread the Word so others are saved.

Which is why I find many divorcees refuse to accept they had to stay married to whoever they were with, even in abusive situations. You are 100% going to have problems in life, even problems that are so hard you probably wish you were not alive. So trying to outrun every problem is not possible. Does this mean someone has to stay with someone who for example beats them daily? No. What it does mean is you still have to remain married and MOVE out or kick them out. As a christian you cannot divorce them. They will either try to work things out with you or they will divorce you. In which case fight the divorce. If all else fails and you are stuck having to sign papers then do so of your own free will.

But divorcing means staying single forever after said divorce because in Gods eyes you are still married. Now people are often like "Wait what?!? So your saying I have to remain single just because they chose to divorce me? That doesn't sound fair! What about my life and happiness?".

Well what about it? Sacrifice, suffering...etc are part of our life while we are in these bodies. Me? I am disabled, I have bad health and often it gets worse. I've lost so much of my life from my health issues that I used to hate God for it. I felt He didn't care because my He wasn't giving me what I want and I wasn't happy. Then I realize I was so focused on being happy in this life that I failed to see being happy is not the point of this life. I mean theres nothing wrong with lets say going to see a movie or going camping...etc. But its not our mission here. Its not our end goal.

And I said this with caution if God forbid it happens to me, but this is why going into a marriage means realizing the sacrifice required not only to be married, but if the marriage ends too. When I think of what I would do if my wife even left me, I think it would be very hard. I'd probably get frustrated to at first because being single forever seems unfair. But I'd then accept it. I have to. I have no choice in the matter. Unless I care to marry someone else and have God scold me when I stand before Him because I was living in sin and committing adultery with someone since He still sees me as married to my wife. Which is why the best thing one who is divorced can do is pray they can remarry their spouse one day if things get better.

Or if the ex passes away you can marry someone else. My wifes mother never divorced her husband because it was against the law in their country. About two years ago, after waiting 29 years, the husband died and she was free to look for love again. Now shes looking! It was a hard sacrifice for her to wait that long since her husband had moved on and had another family with some other woman, but she survived the wait and feels wonderful.

And honestly I find to many adults today just marry young because of peer pressure and feeling they have to marry young because everyone else is and they have to have kids right away...etc. They watch so many worldly fantasy "happily ever after" movies and don't understand thats not real life. Its a fairy tale. Which is why I tell them do not look for love or marry until your over 25, maybe even 30. Studies have proven are brains are not mature enough to handle marriage before 25. We still have that teen thinking stuck in us that makes us take action first, then think later. Where as when our brains mature, we think first, then take the right actions....usually.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not the best thing biblically to divorce even an abusive spouse or cheater if you ever had true love.
How do you define "true love?"
An emotion? A decision?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,067.00
Faith
Christian
How do you define "true love?"
An emotion? A decision?

Care for each other emotionally from both sides according to what you should be able to do and promised to do and wanted to do so they were commited to each other but one stumbled and had issues he or she thought they would be able to put under control but found themselves not able and fell from weakness or maybe that not a good excuse but rather Satan luring them to the ways of death . I'm not saying you should give another chance to that person to be with you but not to remarry is ideal and maybe the biblical to do though allowances are made

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,067.00
Faith
Christian
Forget true love it not a good argument because I don't mean reconciliation true love wouldn't cheat but you can show love to that person by not remarrying. So there was true love from you and they once knew it but they never loved as much back or they wouldn't cheat yet some may benefit from your love and love you later

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we all do. When paul says if you can't exercise self control he means if you insist. If you don't want to
No we don't. Paul uses the word "charisma" in 1 Cor 7 to describe this gift, the same word he uses in chapter 12 to describe healing, miracles and prophecy.

Our Lord was asked about this and said:

Matthew 19:10 The disciples said to Him, “If the relationship of the man with his wife is like this, it is better not to marry.” 11 But He said to them, “Not all men can accept this statement, but only those to whom it has been given.​

"Not all men" clearly shows we do not all have that gift.

BTW - Paul NEVER said to get more self control in regards to your sex drive. He said "it is better to marry than to burn." Again, that indicates that most do NOT have the gift of celibacy.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,067.00
Faith
Christian
I guess not all have the gift but it can be given to all if you seek it. They don't have the gift because they were not able to prepare themself to receive it.
Paul said it is better the widows remain as they are therefore they all can
However the gift isn't given at all times but only when there is a need to glorify God
It may glorify God for some to have children and to be in a relationship with 1 woman so they should atleast seek 1 spouse
Because of sexual immorality let each have one wife

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is important to remember that marriage is also honorable, can glorify God, and can be our path to be made like Christ. In marriage, ideally, we each lay down our lives for the other, by putting their needs first.

Those who have the gift of celibacy can live that life, to the glory of God.

And while remarriage in various situations may be not ideal or even forbidden, we need to remember - divorce is not the unforgivable sin. Thank God for His mercy.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,067.00
Faith
Christian
I am not sure I agree that remarriage of a guilty person is forgivable if that person does not repent by separating themself from new spouse. And I will not argue this here today or if it is repentance maybe much more difficult. Unless children are involved. You should live in seperate houses and only come together for child with no attachment to each other. Unless the child well being is at stake and he can't understand

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,067.00
Faith
Christian
This is what I plan to do but I'm not sure I will withdraw from remarrying especially if I have no children if I don't have gift (I think the fact of having children may satisfy me enough to feel complete and not want anything else) if I feel remarriage really does help control my desires and the person I am sacrificing for with prayer looks like they dont need my sacrifice at all since they are not depressed about messing up and betraying me

Last edited:
Upvote 0