✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
LOL! But really...
Those who understand evolution and have access to the evidence find it uncontroversial. Those who oppose it do so for religious reasons, so they're not really controverting the science as such.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
As long as they do not accept the other side , they do.

I think you're confused. We're talking about the idea of evolution of life on Earth being a controversial idea. Those who accept that idea don't find it controversial.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL! But really...
Those who understand evolution and have access to the evidence find it uncontroversial. Those who oppose it do so for religious reasons, so they're not really controverting the science as such.

I don't argue with sheer denial. All I can tell you is go look up the stats, and look at many, don't just pick a poll that works for you.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But there is no controversy. Scientists think evolution is uncontroversial. Creationists all think it's wrong, so there's no controversy there, either.

Eh, that might be being a bit generous to creationists. I think if creationists were genuinely unconcerned about evolution then we wouldn't have seen the legal battles over its teaching for the last hundred years. That, and professional creationist ministries wouldn't exist.

The fact that creationists have been fighting teaching of evolution for so long suggests they are troubled by the subject. In fact, I recall some creationists on this forum equating educational material re: evolution with satanism.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I don't argue with sheer denial. All I can tell you is go look up the stats, and look at many, don't just pick a poll that works for you.
What does it have to do with polling? "If you accept evolution as an explanation for the diversity of life, do you find it controversial?"

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does it have to do with polling? "If you accept evolution as an explanation for the diversity of life, do you find it controversial?"

What does finding out whether evolution is controversial or not have to do with polling!?

Mmmmbye now.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What does finding out whether evolution is controversial or not have to do with polling!?

Mmmmbye now.
I just wondered if there were polls asking evolutionary biologists whether evolution was controversial. Maybe you could look some up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
See the above link. (just found )

If you're linking to "Evolution News", you must know that is a Discovery Institute web site. And the Discovery Institute itself exists for the purpose of propagating Christian beliefs.

There really is no "controversy" in science as per what the Discovery Institute claims. It's just a piece of propaganda they've dreamed up.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I am not listening (don't accept) to the voices of those opposed to Jesus.
I'm here and posting as Jesus did, as He talked that is, to everyone the Father sent Him to.
Nobody here is expressing views "opposed to Jesus". There are many posting views opposed to yeshuaslavejeff, but you're not Jesus and you do not speak for Jesus.

Jesus would not go looking for a fight. He would not bait. He would not knowingly engage in dishonest discourse. Those are all actions we see you engaging in - shame on you for pretending Jesus would do those things.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
lol. "Go and look at an external source" says the man who refuses to look at external sources. This level of hypocrisy is outstanding.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I just g&&gled it looking for what was requested by someone opposed to Jesus - "controversy" from evolutionists who know that they are controversial. (doesn't the article/ link show that ? )

It looks like you just randomly linked the first thing that had the words "evolution" and "controversy" with zero regard for the context of the discussion here.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
oops... all the things the religious leaders and others said who were opposed to Jesus you have repeated here. Well, not all of them, that once were used, but all of them that you posted were all used against Jesus Himself, and against His Apostles, and against all of His permanent disciples.
Please link to any single post in this thread which is "opposed to Jesus'.

Thus, verifying as Jesus said, my message /posts/ what I say , is deserving AND getting the SAME treatment as all the permanent disciples received. (yes, all the permanent disciples are to speak the same words from the Father , like Jesus did, as He says in His Word)
If you can provide the link I requested above, you may have a point. If not, you're just demonstrating the accuracy of my post to which you are responding here - you're looking for a fight, you're baiting and you're being dishonest. Shame on you.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no idea what you're attempting to convey. It doesn't seem to relate to my response at all.

Seriously?

To my comment on this still being controversial, you replied:

Oh, it was controversial in the early to mid-19th century, but the mutability of species and common ancestry became entirely non-controversial within the sciences about 150 years ago.

You said it was controversial, and I simply replied:

you all know perfectly well it still is to many.

You really don't see the connection?

Generally speaking, I think I need to get my denial shot before I too catch the virus clearly going around here. :)

Upvote 0