Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I do not accept any post from anyone unless I first test it/ verify it/ prove that it is true, or until I know (verified) that it is true with no contradiction to Scripture, and no contradiction to Yahuweh's Spirit, Plan or Purpose in Christ Jesus. IF it is from any other voice besides Jesus the Shepherd, we (sheep) do not listen to it, but run from it as it is opposed to Jesus.
If you're running away shouldn't you stop posting?

• Optimistic
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, it was controversial in the early to mid-19th century, but the mutability of species and common ancestry became entirely non-controversial within the sciences about 150 years ago. The discovery of DNA and genetics only helped confirm and expand our understanding of evolution.

And you all know perfectly well it still is to many.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'm not clear on what you are asking, can you please rephrase it?
Here's your post
hgb

I never thought they were different.

Sure it's controversial, it's as controversial as evolution itself that a higher form of life like man came for a single celled animal in that way, yet you have the nerve to say it's not the slightest bit controversial??

It's reasons like that, among others, I can't trust some of you enough to carry on a debate? See, there has to be at least something that resembles honesty here in order for one party to take the other seriousely.

You are not just accusing Pitabread of being wrong, but being dishonest about it. Essentially, you are accusing him of lying because you disagree with his statement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,304.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not the slightest bit controversial except in certain conservative religious circles, and even there not for scientific reasons.

Pitabread's statement is honest and correct

Do you not see those who argue against evolution right here on these boards daily. Controversy is alive an well in spite of the sheer denial here

The things a losing proponent of evolution will say with a straight face. Tsk

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Do you not see those who argue against evolution right here on these boards daily. Controversy is alive an well in spite of the sheer denial here

You need to work on your reading comprehension. This is from my original post, the one which apparently you decided to accuse me of dishonesty over:

Not in the slightest. It's the same process, just over a much longer period of time (from first life to now). The only people who find it controversial are those who feel it contradicts their religious views.

Remarkably well-preserved 18,000-year-old puppy found frozen in Siberia

And this is from my follow-up post:

As I said, the only people who find the process of evolution and the idea of the evolution of life from single-celled organisms controversial are those with religious objections to it.

Remarkably well-preserved 18,000-year-old puppy found frozen in Siberia

Upvote 0