St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm thinking I need/want one. Anyone have any experiences with that? I was going to take my own version of one...me, my Bible, my dog Scout, a tent, some great tunes and a box of wine......parking ourselves for a few days in the Ozarks. But I'd rather have a little guidance.

TIA!

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking I need/want one. Anyone have any experiences with that? I was going to take my own version of one...me, my Bible, my dog Scout, a tent, some great tunes and a box of wine......parking ourselves for a few days in the Ozarks. But I'd rather have a little guidance.

TIA!

Retreats and Pilgrimages are certainly not unknown in Orthodox Christianity. Have you considered visiting an Orthodox Monastery? If you're interested, I wouldn't just show up, I'd contact the monastery in question first. It is a bit more structured than what you mention doing though. Without a doubt, I don't regret doing so myself.

The Orthodox Monasteries Worldwide Directory - A comprehensive collection of orthodox monasteries around the world presenting photographs, addresses, description and contact information ; The monastery collection includes North and South America, Eur

Upvote 0