W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And that relationship is defined by religion...the teachings of the Bible. It was Jesus afterall who said the following...
Matthew 4:3-4:
3 The Tempter came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become bread.”
4 But Jesus answered, “It is written:
Man shall not live by bread alone,
but by every word that comes out of the mouth of God.” (EHV)

Similarly He said...
Matthew 7:24:
“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. (NIV)

And the following is one of many things God teaches, some of His Words which we are to put into practice...all as penned by the Apostle Paul...
Hebrews 10:24-25:
Let us also consider carefully how to spur each other on to love and good works. Let us not neglect meeting together, as some have the habit of doing. Rather, let us encourage each other, and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (EHV)

Hmmm, could this verse be speaking to you tonight...hope so...that is I hope it will alert you.
Thank you for the scriptures.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course you did and you keep trying to do it, stop being so dense.

religion

noun
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

I am leaving this thread, I had my say and don't give a fig about denominations of one that love to cause fights
Patience, patience Tutorman! :) But actual, there does come a time to exit. As Paul says in Timothy...
II Timothy 2:23-24:
Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. (NIV)

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 19:21 Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”

Acts 4:32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. 34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Christianity is a religion always has been and always will be, if you don't want to be in a religion than by definition you can not be a Christian. How insane or people now Christian want to love and do exactly what the world wants to by redefining everything. You people are no different than those who say there are 36 genders both ideas are stupid.

What we have here are people pretending but are not really committed, people who still love the world and be in the world so they want to redefine words and phrases. A warning from the Scriptures about people who want to redefine Christianity away from the fact that Christianity is by definition a Religion
2 Timothy 3:5
Once again, and I don't know how blunt I have to be to get over the point, but your religion is NOT my relationship.

When I was studying for my theological degree at Bible College I did some intern work at the local Anglican Church. I loved the work as I was working with some saints who were genuinely wanting to advance the kingdom.

What bothered me were all the trappings and ceremonies that went with it as they were barriers to knowing Jesus. As I ran the youth ministry, my intention was to introduce them to Jesus not the trappings of the Anglican Church because I knew that could not save them.

I serve a risen Saviour and I am in a relationship with him and God his father because he is my father.

As I have a degree in Sociology as well, I have never heard of a father-son relationship described as a religion. It is always described as a relationship.

If you want to call your experience religion, be my guest but do not be so arrogant to determine that no one else can have a relationship because you haven't got one.

Reactions: kcmonseysr
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Once again, and I don't know how blunt I have to be to get over the point, but your religion is NOT my relationship.

Plain and simply put Christianity is a Religion. The definition of religion is as follows:

Dictionary.com said:
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreedupon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

Now I assume since your posting in the Christian only section you have a set of beliefs at least I hope you do. A set of beliefs is a Religion no matter what you want to call it. Now if you don't want to be in a Religion than you do not want to be a Christian. Yes I am using the Dictionary because it is an agreed upon definition not withstanding your ideas. Just because you have a relationship with God does not mean your not in a religion. So if you are a Christian and everyone who post in this section is than you are a part of the Christian Religion which includes non-denominational folk, Orthodox folk, Catholic folk, Protestant folk, Fundamental folk, and even you and W2L.

When I was studying for my theological degree at Bible College I did some intern work at the local Anglican Church. I loved the work as I was working with some saints who were genuinely wanting to advance the kingdom.

What bothered me were all the trappings and ceremonies that went with it as they were barriers to knowing Jesus. As I ran the youth ministry, my intention was to introduce them to Jesus not the trappings of the Anglican Church because I knew that could not save them.

I serve a risen Saviour and I am in a relationship with him and God his father because he is my father.

As I have a degree in Sociology as well, I have never heard of a father-son relationship described as a religion. It is always described as a relationship.

If you want to call your experience religion, be my guest but do not be so arrogant to determine that no one else can have a relationship because you haven't got one.

That's all nice and good but I am not a part of the Anglican or Episcopal communion, so don't assume something about me and if I have assumed wrongly about you or W2L I apologize and ask for your forgiveness. I belong to The International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church (CEC) or Charismatic Episcopal Church for short. I serve a risen Lord do do not assume I do not. Do not assume because I choose to worship and fellowship in the CEC that the things we do the ceremonies and trappings as you call them are barriers they are not. God meets out His grace through the sacraments like the Holy Eucharist where Christ is truly present. The Eucharist is a means of grace and brings one closer to Christ than anything can and the Eucharist was part of the Early Church. So please don't disparage something that you don't know about.

I believe your ideas are a very huge barrier to Christ but they work for you and mine work for me in the Christian Religion (not my religion, but the general definition of religion) we all share in the Christian only forums

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Plain and simply put Christianity is a Religion. The definition of religion is as follows:

Now I assume since your posting in the Christian only section you have a set of beliefs at least I hope you do. A set of beliefs is a Religion no matter what you want to call it. Now if you don't want to be in a Religion than you do not want to be a Christian. Yes I am using the Dictionary because it is an agreed upon definition not withstanding your ideas. Just because you have a relationship with God does not mean your not in a religion. So if you are a Christian and everyone who post in this section is than you are a part of the Christian Religion which includes non-denominational folk, Orthodox folk, Catholic folk, Protestant folk, Fundamental folk, and even you and W2L.

That's all nice and good but I am not a part of the Anglican or Episcopal communion, so don't assume something about me and if I have assumed wrongly about you or W2L I apologize and ask for your forgiveness. I belong to The International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church (CEC) or Charismatic Episcopal Church for short. I serve a risen Lord do do not assume I do not. Do not assume because I choose to worship and fellowship in the CEC that the things we do the ceremonies and trappings as you call them are barriers they are not. God meets out His grace through the sacraments like the Holy Eucharist where Christ is truly present. The Eucharist is a means of grace and brings one closer to Christ than anything can and the Eucharist was part of the Early Church. So please don't disparage something that you don't know about.

I believe your ideas are a very huge barrier to Christ but they work for you and mine work for me in the Christian Religion (not my religion, but the general definition of religion) we all share in the Christian only forums
Christ is present whenever we need comfort or guidance. To suggest Hes in the Eucharist is like saying hes not present in other times.

• Agree
Reactions: Episaw
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

As I said your religion is not my relationship. Whatever flavour you consider yourself to be, none of it reflects my relationship.

And I am getting tired of hearing you say that I have to commit myself to a religion to have a relationship and if I don't I am not a Christian which by the way you are not allowed to say here.

And for your information, I don't assume anything.

As for disparaging something I don't know about, you could not be so wrong. I have done a study of communion and included it as part of a Ph.D. and one thing I found out is that the NT Church did not celebrate it as a mystical experience where somehow Jesus visits when it happens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sorry Episaw I can no longer communicate with with here as you may be a non trinitarian and if you are you may not post here and if you are your right my religion (Christianity) is not yours
Your loss, not mine.

Upvote 0