Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you want to jettison Religion than you have to stop being a Christian. Christianity is a Religion, it is the Religion and I am glad to be Religious

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Religion, with all its divisive theology, it makes me sad. Jesus however, and love, these make me joyful. So i say religion can take a hike, give me liberty, amen.
Liberty or death right?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If you want to jettison Religion than you have to stop being a Christian. Christianity is a Religion, it is the Religion and I am glad to be Religious
I'm sure there's a christian religion, that is basically like every other religion, but Jesus gave us so much more.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I already jettisoned religion. I still have the Lord though. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
More like give me liberty or give me insanity.
He who tries to save his mind will lose it, but he who gives it up willingly will gain an eternal perspective . ;)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He who tries to save his mind will lose it, but he who gives it up willingly will gain an eternal perspective . ;)
The apostle James said that a man who cannot keep his mouth shut has useless religion. The way i figure it, the less religion one has, the less words they need to defend it.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure there's a christian religion, that is basically like every other religion, but Jesus gave us so much more.

Christianity is a Religion and will always be such. If one is a Christian they are in a Religion. I know the popular evangelical idea now is to try to be cute and say they are not in a religion but that is fake news

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I already jettisoned religion. I still have the Lord though. :)

Than you are still in a Religion

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion

the definition of religion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The apostle James said that a man who cannot keep his mouth shut has useless religion. The way i figure it, the less religion one has, the less words they need to defend it.
Yeah, it's worded like "if a man consider himself religious" so maybe I don't consider myself religious, ;)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Than you are still in a Religion

a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:
the Christian religion

the definition of religion
I keep things simple. I dont see any scripture that says religion must be complicated, or divisive.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is a Religion and will always be such. If one is a Christian they are in a Religion. I know the popular evangelical idea now is to try to be cute and say they are not in a religion but that is fake news
A matter of perspective, as it goes, your perspective only affects you. If you consider yourself religious, then you are religious.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, it's worded like "if a man consider himself religious" so maybe I don't consider myself religious, ;)
lol, nice dodge. :) Seriously though, James words really resonate with me. The best religion doesnt need many words, just actions

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I keep things simple. I dont see any scripture that says religion must be complicated, or divisive.

Never said it had to be complicated but it is ridiculous to say Christianity is not a religion when it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A matter of perspective, as it goes, your perspective only affects you. If you consider yourself religious, then you are religious.
No Christianity is the definition of religion

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No Christianity is the definition of religion
That's impossible, What Christ gave us, is like nothing else. Religion is too small a box.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's impossible, What Christ gave us, is like nothing else. Religion is too small a box.

Christ gave us Religion, it's just modern evangelical types that what to redefine Christianity like in this thread. Modern people think they can redefine anything and it is oh so cool but it's just stupid. It's no different than the world trying to redefine everything

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Never said it had to be complicated but it is ridiculous to say Christianity is not a religion when it is.
I never said it wasnt, however much of it has become useless wrangling over denominational differences. I throw that religion off to the side so i dont stumble over it.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ gave us Religion, it's just modern evangelical types that what to redefine Christianity like in this thread. Modern people think they can redefine anything and it is oh so coo but it's just stupid
calm down, lets not start calling each other stupid. You will only end up proving my point.

Upvote 0