Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh no I'm not trying to sway you at all, I'm just mystified as to why you believe the bible was written by a god and not men, i mean other that you believe simply because you believe.

Of course you are, that's what you're here for, to sway others to believe God doesn't exist in order to justify your delusion he doesn't

I really don't care much if people believe there is a god or not,

Wrong, you simply aren't being truthful. Do you think it's not obvious that you care very much?

I have absolutely no need to explain anything out of existence

You want to do as you want to do, worry free, so you attempt to explain God, hence Hell out of existence, and your attempt to "stump" Christians gives you the illusion you have accomplished that.

Why would I need to get rid of any myth?

The dead giveaway is the fact you are here at all, and trying to make it all go away with your attempts to rob others of their faith, and so much so, that I don't think you believe it's a myth at all.

What a selfish cause people have in trying to take something so important from others just so they can live in their created, safe from wrath, little world.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Of course you are, that's what you're here for, to sway others to believe God doesn't exist in order to justify your delusion he doesn't

Wrong, you simply aren't being truthful. Do you think it's not obvious that you care very much?

You want to do as you want to do, worry free, so you attempt to explain God, hence Hell out of existence, and your attempt to "stump" Christians gives you the illusion you have accomplished that.

The dead giveaway is the fact you are here at all, and trying to make it all go away with your attempts to rob others of their faith, and so much so, that I don't think you believe it's a myth at all.

What a selfish cause people have in trying to take something so important from others just so they can live in their created, safe from wrath, little world.

It seems to me that you are attributing motives that are not in evidence.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
why would I not? it is in every way true in terms of the causes for sexual behavior.
The morality of an action has much more to do with its effects than with its cause. One of these actions is a heinous crime against another human being, and one only involves consenting participants. Equally dysfunctional according to your beliefs, perhaps, but that shouldn't keep you from being able to see the difference in the level of harm and violation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Because you're pretending that consenting adult sexual activity is morally the same as raping children.
I'm strongly reminded of Rush Limbaugh:

"You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing. You can do anything — the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything — as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent.

If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left."

- from The Rush Limbaugh Show, reported by Media Matters for America
As if the idea of consent being the first and foremost litmus test for sexual morality, or even a requirement at all, is somehow a radical notion.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm strongly reminded of Rush Limbaugh:

"You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing. You can do anything — the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything — as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent.

If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation, then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left."

Im at a loss as to how consent is a bad thing or something to be mocked.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Is that really the only thing you've ever gotten out of what atheists say on this site? That's sad.

Upvote 0

possibletarian

Dec 27, 2016
Peak District
✟33,311.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Okay provide me with evidence you are correct, I've asked several times all you can do is wave a hand and call me delusional.

I care very much, I think the question 'is there a god' is the most single important question a person should ask.

Of course I want to be worry free, doesn't anyone ? It's just I'm not going to believe in one or more gods all of which have no evidence to get there, i think that's ridiculous.

I'm very happy for you to believe as I've already said, but when you try and impose your system or morals and beliefs on others claiming them to be from a god, why do you find it surprising when people ask for more information as to why you believe a 2,000+ year old book (one of many religious books) that you claim was written by one of many gods, was in fact written by a god ?

Not trying to take anything from you, seriously I'm not, just asking why you believe certain things to be true.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay provide me with evidence you are correct, I've asked several times all you can do is wave a hand and call me delusional.

I'm convinced, and remember I used the term delusional, and with that sometimes therer is no convincing. so if you disagree, then do that...I've stated what I feel.

I care very much, I think the question 'is there a god' is the most single important question a person should ask.

I was answering a post where you said you didn't care...oh well

Of course I want to be worry free, doesn't anyone ? It's just I'm not going to believe in one or more gods all of which have no evidence to get there, i think that's ridiculous.

The evidence wouldn't matter to you...it's that D word again. And go be worry free then, and stop trying to convince others they have a problem. You say you aren't doing that, but you are...simply.

I'm very happy for you to believe as I've already said, but when you try and impose your system or morals and beliefs on others claiming them to be from a god, why do you find it surprising when people ask for more information as to why you believe a 2,000+ year old book (one of many religious books) that you claim was written by one of many gods, was in fact written by a god ?

No you are not happy I believe, one hardly has to read between the lines to see that.

Not trying to take anything from you, seriously I'm not, just asking why you believe certain things to be true.

I'm not going to repeat myself but I will say your posts have far from a merely inquisitive tone to them. Sorry, buit I'm just not buying that you just want to know, when you just want to tear apart for the selfish reasons I already mentioned.

Get a bible and read it, then you know as much as we do, and if you can't answer certain questions by reading the bible, then you are aware of what we can't answer to your satisfaction. We have faith, you do not, it's as simple as that, so why badger those who have concluded the bible is true for answers you know are not going to be satisfactory fro someone with no faith? I think I already mention why.

If you are happy with what you believe then go be happy, but many of yours and others actions here say you are not happy at all with your beliefs. This is not something that's hard to put together.

I already told you why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

possibletarian

Dec 27, 2016
Peak District
✟33,311.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm convinced, and remember I used the term delusional, and with that sometimes therer is no convincing. so if you disagree, then do that...I've stated what I feel.

Well lets looks at what delusional means shall we
''characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.''

How can you be delusional about a belief you don't have ?

I was answering a post where you said you didn't care...oh well

What was the post and the context ?

The evidence wouldn't matter to you...it's that D word again. And go be worry free then, and stop trying to convince others they have a problem. You say you aren't doing that, but you are...simply.

What evidence, can you present it ?

No you are not happy I believe, one hardly has to read between the lines to see that.

Oh I am I assure you, you believing is fine by me but if you want to witness or pass judgement on people based on a belief in a god and an old book you believe was written by that god and as a result of that are asked why you believe what you do, what do you say ?

I'm not going to repeat myself but I will say your posts have far from a merely inquisitive tone to them. Sorry, buit I'm just not buying that you just want to know, when you just want to tear apart for the selfish reasons I already mentioned.

I've told you repeatedly I have no interest in tearing anything apart, but if when you express a belief you are asked why you believe it why are you surprised? And why do you call people who don't believe delusional ? Don't you know why you believe ?

Get a bible and read it, then you know as much as we do

Oh I have, but stories of talking serpents who deceive a woman, who then deceives a man, unicorns, flying chariots, people who kills lions with their bare hands, floods, gods who mix languages up because they are worried that man will know as much as they do, instructions on how to beat a slave... and so on, simply does not convince me of anything, just like all the other 'holy' books in the world.

and if you can't answer certain questions by reading the bible, then you are aware of what we can't answer to your satisfaction. We have faith, you do not, it's as simple as that, so why badger those who have concluded the bible is true for answers you know are not going to be satisfactory fro someone with no faith? I think I already mention why.

Well of course if i don't believe the isn't written by a god then I'm going to look at it with scepticism, just like I look at all other so called holy books with scepticism.
I take it at face value as written by men just like all the others, unless of course it was written by a god, then it would be important and this is why I ask why you believe it was written by a god.

Isn't faith simply believing something, why would that make it true ?

If you are happy with what you believe then go be happy, but many of yours and others actions here say you are not happy at all with your beliefs. This is not something that's hard to put together.

I already told you why.

I'm neither happy or unhappy, I would love for there to be a god for all this to make sense, it just seems a rather fanciful idea from what i see of holy books or writings from around the world, but hey if you are convinced that's fine.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is that really the only thing you've ever gotten out of what atheists say on this site? That's sad.

I'm speaking to an individual, and though there are others I feel exactly the same way about...no.

Oops, just saw the "that's sad" part, so another thing I have gotten is some atheists tend to jump the gun, and draw conclusion with little or no evidence. :)

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
this runs on the assumption that people are born gay which, again, you have no proof of. sexual confusion leading to homosexual behavior is caused by social, emotional, and environmental factors(ie. pedophilia). proof? people who lived gay lifestyles turning away from that to heterosexual lifestyles, or even people who were heterosexual falling into gay lifestyles.

if it's set, it's set. you shouldn't be able to flip-flop.

You made the honest statement that you didn't choose your orientation. I agree with you. I think you were born that way and that your sexual identity would probably have been further reinforced by your social interactions as you grew up. I don't think you reached a time in your life when you 'chose' to be attracted to the opposite sex...it's just part of who you are...

So why do you deny the same process of identity to others...?

Your 'objection' seems to hinge on a small number of cases of people who have identified sexually in one way and have then 'changed'. Two responses...

First, it is not hard to imagine that some people might be confused about their sexuality and seek to convince themselves that they are something other than what they feel. I have a cousin who battled with her sexuality, trying as hard as she could to lead a 'straight' life, married, children, until finally the despair and the anguish led her to drop the pretence. She is now a much, much happier gay woman living according to her sexuality...she's not alone in that process.

Second, sexuality, like so many other human traits, is not black and white. It's a continuum. So there are going to be people located toward the centre of that continuum who may find that they are attracted to others regardless of those people's gender. They may, for a period of time, be more attracted to their own sex and then find their preference moves.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Furthermore, W, your association of sexuality with pedophilia is abhorrent and reflects a commonly held prejudice...namely, that pedophilia is a 'branch' of homosexuality. It isn't and I suggest you educate yourself....

Upvote 0