• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

I am in a somewhat new relationship and I have disabilities. He also has disabilities as well and we both struggle with anxiety. Due to my anxiety and how bad it gets I have a very poor memory and I think me having ADHD also affects us. He is very sensitive when it comes to topics about race or about our differences. I see these two topics very differently in a much more optimistic celebratory way. While he gets defensive or uncomfortable when talking about these things. I try to remember this the best that I can. I have made a list a few times but ended up deleting it a couple times thinking I was improving. But then this week has been very rough, because I've discovered again that I have not memorized or have fully changed to be more respectful to his sensitivities when it comes to these topics. I try not to talk about them at all but, this week I honestly forgot again and I wrote myself a note again for probably the third time. I put a note on that note that even if things are looking good or better to not delete it and for me to read it daily. So that I remember not to talk about these things. My boyfriend did say that he's a very patient person but, human patience can only go for so long. And I'm really starting to panic because, when I am about to have that time of the month that's when things really get bad with my anxiety and my memory and depression as well. Him and I have discussed these things before that I have a bad memory and that me remembering to not talk about these things with him is going to take a while and it's going to take a lot of patience and at times forgiveness because, I forget. And I frequently forget. I just keep praying to God that our Lord will continue to give him patience and forgiveness and for me to remember not to talk about these topics with him because, I really don't want to upset him or his family. Which I have had talks with them about this, too.