Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just wanted to let you guys in on a video series I did refuting the misinformation Justin Peters has disseminated on the Word of Faith. In two months this video has had over 4,300 views and plenty of comments, most of them from haters of course. Maybe you could help even me out?

• Informative
Reactions: Doug Melven

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem with Justin Peters and other WOF critics is THEIR misrepresentations of what Hagin "supposedly" had said, or didn't say. All of these "untruths" that you have presented here have (already) been refuted by (Hagin) himself in the several books that you mentioned... with his "actual" "quotes" and NOT... Justin Peters misrepresented versions of (his untruths) as you pointed out.

What amazes me is that... with all the refuting of Justin Peter's "untruths" you brought forth in your excellent video here, I would guess there would be (little to no doubt) in anyone's mind... that your rebuttals and the rebuttals by several others over the years were ALL "reviewed" by Peters' himself. As you said, either he is doing sloppy research, or he is downright lying. He takes a lot of things out of context and we say... "he doesn't know what he's talking about?" I would say, really? Are his untruths actually (just) misrepresentations, or... does he know exactly what he is talking about through his unbelief and/or Satan's deception?

The thing that really bugs me is I believe the rebuttals here are truthful of his "untruths" but yet, he and others continue on with these lies and have gotten away with it. Over (4,700) views to this video. One has to wonder just how many of them actually listened to the "rebuttals" and have (compared) them with his "untruths?" I'm guessing that the majority didn't read it fully, and just briefed it. As for Justin Peters and others... I pray they really look at what they are doing and examine themselves. In my opinion, you presented excellent rebuttal to all of his untruths. I think I counted eleven.

Good Job... Thank you and heads-up on Joe Mcntyre's book (E.W. Kenyon) The True Story. I will be purchasing it.

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian
Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks hh. If you'd like to subscribe or comment on any videos (please do :smiley: ) the link is Jew and Greek

As for JP's motives, I doubt that he's intentionally making these things up. I think his judgment is skewed because of his handicap and his experience with faith healers. But regardless of his motives, much of his commentary is misinformation and needed to be addressed. I didn't find anything else in YouTube responding to Hanegraaff, McConnell, or JP so I decided to fill the void.

Blessings!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks hh. If you'd like to subscribe or comment on any videos (please do :smiley: ) the link is Jew and Greek

As for JP's motives, I doubt that he's intentionally making these things up. I think his judgment is skewed because of his handicap and his experience with faith healers. But regardless of his motives, much of his commentary is misinformation and needed to be addressed. I didn't find anything else in YouTube responding to Hanegraaff, McConnell, or JP so I decided to fill the void.

Blessings!

We certainly need this Simon .
Even still the haters who are liars will dismiss the truth.
I would say people have misinformation on the topic, but when presented with the facts they remain dogmatic in their religious doctrine, they are liars.
Through the years I have learned that when truth is dismissed in any setting ,the people are purposely being deceitful for their own motives.
You do a wonderful job in making the truth clear.
We are dealing with propaganda that is antiChrist, and my hope is your work will enlighten the viewer's attention.

Peters shares a lot in common with MacArthur, who is very smooth at his delivery.
In one sermon ,He demonized the people at Corinth so much you would think Paul was placating His teaching to reach them.
This smooth delivery is a way to create a means to reconcile his doctrine with Bible truth.

Simon you are Blessed with a calling ,and the ability to carry it out.
I Thank you.
God Bless You

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
The problem with Justin Peters and other WOF critics is THEIR misrepresentations of what Hagin
"supposedly" had said, or didn't say. All of these "untruths" that you have presented here have (already) been refuted by (Hagin) himself in the several books that you mentioned... with his "actual" "quotes" and NOT... Justin Peters misrepresented versions of (his untruths) as you pointed out.

What amazes me is that... with all the refuting of Justin Peter's "untruths" you brought forth in your
excellent video here, I would guess there would be (little to no doubt) in anyone's mind... that your
rebuttals and the rebuttals by several others over the years were ALL "reviewed" by Peters' himself. As you said, either he is doing sloppy research, or he is downright lying. He takes a lot of things out of context and we say... "he doesn't know what he's talking about?" I would say, really? Are his untruths actually (just) misrepresentations, or... does he know exactly what he is talking about through his unbelief and/or Satan's deception?

The thing that really bugs me is I believe the rebuttals here are truthful of his "untruths" but yet, he and others continue on with these lies and have gotten away with it. Over (4,700) views to this video. One has to wonder just how many of them actually listened to the "rebuttals" and have (compared) them with his "untruths?" I'm guessing that the majority didn't read it fully, and just briefed it. As for Justin Peters and others... I pray they really look at what they are doing and examine themselves.

In my opinion, you presented excellent rebuttal to all of his untruths. I think I counted eleven.

Good Job... Thank you and heads-up on Joe Mcntyre's book (E.W. Kenyon) The True Story. I will be purchasing it.

Well as Jessie Duplantis once said ....You Lie ..You Fry.

Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
We certainly need this Simon .
Even still the haters who are liars will dismiss the truth.
I would say people have misinformation on the topic, but when presented with the facts they remain dogmatic in their religious doctrine, they are liars.
Through the years I have learned that when truth is dismissed in any setting ,the people are purposely being deceitful for their own motives.
You do a wonderful job in making the truth clear.
We are dealing with propaganda that is antiChrist, and my hope is your work will enlighten the viewer's attention.

Peters shares a lot in common with MacArthur, who is very smooth at his delivery.
In one sermon ,He demonized the people at Corinth so much you would think Paul was placating His teaching to reach them.
This smooth delivery is a way to create a means to reconcile his doctrine with Bible truth.

Simon you are Blessed with a calling ,and the ability to carry it out.
I Thank you.
God Bless You

Thanks, NF. I am starting to see positive results. I don't really expect to convert any of the rabid opposition, but there are a lot of people out there who are on the fence and seeking answers. A few have contacted me and thanked me for helping them to see through JP's bad scholarship (BS). As one who has an IT and new media background I realize the potential with YouTube. The younger generation (under 40) gets a lot of their information there, and most of them never had a chance to see Kenneth Hagin and only know about the WoF from what they see on YouTube. It's the perfect platform for a guy like me. And yes, I do feel that this is my calling. I have even had a minister from South Korea contact me about translating my book into Korean, saying that anti-WoF stuff is making it difficult for faith people there. We need to go everywhere the opponents go and not only proclaim faith, but defend it. Please keep me in your prayers. Blessings.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, NF. I am starting to see positive results. I don't really expect to convert any of the rabid opposition, but there are a lot of people out there who are on the fence and seeking answers. A few have contacted me and thanked me for helping them to see through JP's bad scholarship (BS). As one who has an IT and new media background I realize the potential with YouTube. The younger generation (under 40) gets a lot of their information there, and most of them never had a chance to see Kenneth Hagin and only know about the WoF from what they see on YouTube. It's the perfect platform for a guy like me. And yes, I do feel that this is my calling. I have even had a minister from South Korea contact me about translating my book into Korean, saying that anti-WoF stuff is making it difficult for faith people there. We need to go everywhere the opponents go and not only proclaim faith, but defend it. Please keep me in your prayers. Blessings.

I have come to realize how very important your work is.
I am a fan!
Normally I would brush off what the critics are saying ,but your point by point rebuttals clearly show the motives of critics are not to build up God's kingdom.
Their problem is they want to run God's kingdom themselves and will lie to gain support.

Titus 1: 10. For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11. Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12. One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13. This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14. Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15. Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

• Agree
Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We certainly need this Simon. Even still the haters who are liars will dismiss the truth. I would say people have misinformation on the topic, but when presented with the facts they remain dogmatic in their religious doctrine, they are liars.
Through the years I have learned that when truth is dismissed in any setting ,the people are purposely being deceitful for their own motives. You do a wonderful job in making the truth clear. We are dealing with propaganda that is antichrist, and my hope is your work will enlighten the viewer's attention.

Your right nowfaith and well said. For years these critics continue to make every effort to discredit the WOF movement. Obviously, we all know that more than a few of our top teachers (over the years) have gotten carried away in (portions) of their thinking by their attempts in over-explaining their own private interpretations that didn't help at all. But... Some of these critics appear to be obsessively feeding on everything Word-Faith teachers say in hopes one says something stupid to keep refueling this fire.

I "want" to agree with Simon that in Justin Peter's case... his motives may be skewed because of his handicap and experience with faith healers over the years. When Peter's was in his younger years he attended a service by a WOF minister who spoke healing for his cerebral palsy and was slayed in the spirit. He did not receive his hopes of healing and by being slayed in the spirit left him very confused.

His unbelief and confusion led him in becoming (widely regarded) to be the foremost authority and outspoken critic on Word-Faith movement as one of the most *egregious and widespread heresies in the world today (as he stated in his Personal Testimony.) He went on and achieved his Master of Divinity thesis on the (errors) of the WOF movement, mainly Benny Hinn and others.
_____

*e·gre·gious /əˈɡrējəs/ (adjective): 1. outstandingly bad; shocking.
(synonyms): appalling, terrible, awful, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous; monstrous, heinous, dire, unspeakable, shameful, unforgivable, intolerable, dreadful; formal grievous​
_____

One other time he attended R. W. Schambach's service in (which he admits) he went for the wrong reasons in an attempt to receive healing from Schambach's healing line. He claims he lacked discernment and (did not see it for what it was) that in God's sovereignty, had given this illness to him.

At an Open Bible Fellowship Service in Tulsa, OK that was led by Todd Bentley is where he (Justin Peters) pretended to want prayer just to come up forward to "confront" Bentley. Todd didn't know this and gave Peter's the microphone in the middle of the meeting that ended up completely out of order. (YouTube)

I pray that this response doesn't come across to be "bashing" Justin Peters or any other WOF critics. Bashing is considered to be a violent physical assault with severe criticism (dictionary). Bashing is not my intention. However, if your somewhat like me and others such as (The AZUSA REPORT) below. Were sick of this! It goes on and on. We constantly have to defend the faith in what we believe. This should not be so. People by the millions are hurting and want to know the truth.

Simon has done an excellent job of refuting the (11) or so errors in Justin Peters misrepresentations in his video. I have included the AZUSA REPORT (below) on these very same issues. Please read with an open mind. The author of this report is also sick of this. We must speak out! This author has an open challenge to Justin Peters to dialogue with him and just tell the truth and end these types of attacks on the faith movement. I'm sure Simon himself would love to dialogue with Justin Peters also to bring out the truth and not say (hit and run) falsehoods as he has been doing. We have many behind the scenes "viewers" on our Word-Faith forum that are showing interest in what WOF teaches. For critics like Justin Peters... drop your unbelief and confusion and just be honest and tell the truth. Review Simon's video and compare your untruths to his (presented) truth in what really is going on the Word-Faith movement.

Sorry, if I offend anyone. Not my intent. Whatever we say or do... let's do it is Love.

Open Challenge to Justin Peters Ministries | Azusa Report

Justin Peters, Todd Bentley and discernment | Azusa Report

Pentecostal News and Revival Reports | Azusa Report

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Your right nowfaith and well said. For years these critics continue to make every effort to discredit the WOF movement. Obviously, we all know that more than a few of our top teachers (over the years) have gotten carried away in (portions) of their thinking by their attempts in over-explaining their own private interpretations that didn't help at all. But... Some of these critics appear to be obsessively feeding on everything Word-Faith teachers say in hopes one says something stupid to keep refueling this fire.

I "want" to agree with Simon that in Justin Peter's case... his motives may be skewed because of his handicap and experience with faith healers over the years. When Peter's was in his younger years he attended a service by a WOF minister who spoke healing for his cerebral palsy and was slayed in the spirit. He did not receive his hopes of healing and by being slayed in the spirit left him very confused.

His unbelief and confusion led him in becoming (widely regarded) to be the foremost authority and outspoken critic on Word-Faith movement as one of the most *egregious and widespread heresies in the world today (as he stated in his Personal Testimony.) He went on and achieved his Master of Divinity thesis on the (errors) of the WOF movement, mainly Benny Hinn and others.
_____

*e·gre·gious /əˈɡrējəs/ (adjective): 1. outstandingly bad; shocking.
(synonyms): appalling, terrible, awful, horrendous, frightful, atrocious, abominable, abhorrent, outrageous; monstrous, heinous, dire, unspeakable, shameful, unforgivable, intolerable, dreadful; formal grievous​
_____

One other time he attended R. W. Schambach's service in (which he admits) he went for the wrong reasons in an attempt to receive healing from Schambach's healing line. He claims he lacked discernment and (did not see it for what it was) that in God's sovereignty, had given this illness to him.

At an Open Bible Fellowship Service in Tulsa, OK that was led by Todd Bentley is where he (Justin Peters) pretended to want prayer just to come up forward to "confront" Bentley. Todd didn't know this and gave Peter's the microphone in the middle of the meeting that ended up completely out of order. (YouTube)

I pray that this response doesn't come across to be "bashing" Justin Peters or any other WOF critics. Bashing is considered to be a violent physical assault with severe criticism (dictionary). Bashing is not my intention. However, if your somewhat like me and others such as (The AZUSA REPORT) below. Were sick of this! It goes on and on. We constantly have to defend the faith in what we believe. This should not be so. People by the millions are hurting and want to know the truth.

Simon has done an excellent job of refuting the (11) or so errors in Justin Peters misrepresentations in his video. I have included the AZUSA REPORT (below) on these very same issues. Please read with an open mind. The author of this report is also sick of this. We must speak out! This author has an open challenge to Justin Peters to dialogue with him and just tell the truth and end these types of attacks on the faith movement. I'm sure Simon himself would love to dialogue with Justin Peters also to bring out the truth and not say (hit and run) falsehoods as he has been doing. We have many behind the scenes "viewers" on our Word-Faith forum that are showing interest in what WOF teaches. For critics like Justin Peters... drop your unbelief and confusion and just be honest and tell the truth. Review Simon's video and compare your untruths to his (presented) truth in what really is going on the Word-Faith movement.

Sorry, if I offend anyone. Not my intent. Whatever we say or do... let's do it is Love.

Open Challenge to Justin Peters Ministries | Azusa Report

Justin Peters, Todd Bentley and discernment | Azusa Report

Pentecostal News and Revival Reports | Azusa Report

God gives instruction to us at the same time.
Have you ever noticed ,a topic will pop up in different places completely separate?
Our Pastor Preached on the root of bitterness today.
He is the type of Preacher who does not script sermons.
He dwells on Bible verse and decides to use them for his text,but after that ,He moves as the Spirit guides him.
He did not say this ,but as I was thinking on his sermon ,it dawned on me that our enemies and others that are bitter are far worse off than we are.
They are consumed on convincing others how bad we are.
They are consumed at getting even or poking at us.
As a Minister this is not rational thought ,and it will be brought to the light ,in God's perfect time.
I enjoy the Jew and Greek rebuttals because they are fair and honest.
Lord knows I have repented for taking critism to serious and falling into anger.

If 2 men are in a fight ,and they both fall in the sewer no matter who's right they both stink.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Christian

Feb 11, 2018
Minneapolis
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted to let you guys in on a video series I did refuting the misinformation Justin Peters has disseminated on the Word of Faith. In two months this video has had over 4,300 views and plenty of comments, most of them from haters of course. Maybe you could help even me out?

Upvote 0

David Christian

Feb 11, 2018
Minneapolis
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How surprising to come across your video and to see my former church, Twin City Fellowship, when we hosted Justin all those many years ago. I do want to thank you for your valuable perspective and rebuttal.

I raised my family in what was one time a vibrant charismatic church that made a decision to attempt to address the excesses that existed in some charismatic circles. We brought in such speakers such as Dave Hunt, Justin Peters and Todd Friel and reaped the fruit of their anti-charismatic bias.

I was so sure that some balance would return but it was not to be. The church eventually ceased financially supporting any ministry, missions, etc except for those incredibly few groups that were as dry and lifeless as TCF had become. We saw the introduction of some odd doctrines and the rise of self appointed guardians of the truth. A wholesale embrace of reformed teaching also resulted in seeing the congregation becoming dangerously "at ease in Zion." While the idea of being modern Bereans became their mantra, sadly all hope of receiving any Rhema word was ultimately lost.

Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry to hear about your experience David. No doubt there has been a lot of extremism and error surface over the years in the Charismatic Movement in general and the WoF movement in particular, but these people want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Justin Peters is a Reformed (Calvinist) cessationist, who says that if you want to hear God speak to you - read your Bible. If you want to hear Him speak audibly - read it out loud. There are no tongues, interpretation of tongues, revelation gifts, healing gifts, prophecies, prophets, or apostles today according to JP. That leaves us pretty much with nothing but intellectualism and dogma. Sounds exciting, huh? Oh, by the way, if you're WoF you're as lost as a Muslim.

Upvote 0

David Christian

Feb 11, 2018
Minneapolis
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear about your experience David. No doubt there has been a lot of extremism and error surface over the years in the Charismatic Movement in general and the WoF movement in particular, but these people want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Justin Peters is a Reformed (Calvinist) cessationist, who says that if you want to hear God speak to you - read your Bible. If you want to hear Him speak audibly - read it out loud. There are no tongues, interpretation of tongues, revelation gifts, healing gifts, prophecies, prophets, or apostles today according to JP. That leaves us pretty much with nothing but intellectualism and dogma. Sounds exciting, huh? Oh, by the way, if you're WoF you're as lost as a Muslim.

Upvote 0

David Christian

Feb 11, 2018
Minneapolis
✟15,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think I have emerged a stronger believer as a result. By His grace I have been given a lot of responsibility in our current church (AOG). What was true when I was saved and baptized in the Spirit is still true today. "The man with an experience is never at the mercy of the man with an argument."

But apologetics is important and eloquent men such as the aforementioned and also of course, John McArthur have done much to discourage the earnest desire of seeking ALL of the spiritual giftings and ministries.

I find it encouraging to find those like yourself who can present a rebuttal with both gentleness and reverence. Keeping our hands to the plow is of even more importance today as we see a growing groundswell of younger believers learning that God is still a God of the supernatural.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

That would be the ultimate contradiction for a Calvinist to say lost as a Muslim.
Since many WOF people came from other denomations, I wonder if Mr Peters teaches once in Grace always in grace?
But then again ,as I have heard before :
They were never saved in the first place.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
How surprising to come across your video and to see my former church, Twin City Fellowship, when we hosted Justin all those many years ago. I do want to thank you for your valuable perspective and rebuttal.

I raised my family in what was one time a vibrant charismatic church that made a decision to attempt to address the excesses that existed in some charismatic circles. We brought in such speakers such as Dave Hunt, Justin Peters and Todd Friel and reaped the fruit of their anti-charismatic bias.

I was so sure that some balance would return but it was not to be. The church eventually ceased financially supporting any ministry, missions, etc except for those incredibly few groups that were as dry and lifeless as TCF had become. We saw the introduction of some odd doctrines and the rise of self appointed guardians of the truth. A wholesale embrace of reformed teaching also resulted in seeing the congregation becoming dangerously "at ease in Zion." While the idea of being modern Bereans became their mantra, sadly all hope of receiving any Rhema word was ultimately lost.

Do the Berean people teach mid Acts dispensationism?

Upvote 0