Refreshed daily

NewCreation17

Jan 27, 2015
✟11,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can no longer get by day by day without stirring the Holy Spirit in me, and spending time with GOD.

A quick 5 minute prayer is good, but I start to seek pleasure from carnal things (not sin) when I stop getting a deep refilling from prayer.

GODs presence is better, but I tend to forget how much better it was and I drift to natural things if I do not spend time with GOD. But when I am really refreshed in His presence I say to myself, this is all I need...

So it comes down to finding time to spend with GOD each day, somehow, I just need to be refreshed in His presence. I understand now why Jesus pulled away and prayed all night to His heavenly Father when He had a busy day without much rest or time to pray.

It puts my affections and desires and will in perspective. Yeah the flesh may not like that initial pulling away for a spiritual thing, but recognize that as a birth pang to something much better as we seek Jesus!

Luke 9:23 "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Psalm 63:3 " Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee."

Last edited:

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I can no longer get by day by day without stirring the Holy Spirit in me, and spending time with GOD.

A quick 5 minute prayer is good, but I start to seek pleasure from carnal things (not sin) when I stop getting a deep refilling from prayer.

GODs presence is better, but I tend to forget how much better it was and I drift to natural things if I do not spend time with GOD. But when I am really refreshed in His presence I say to myself, this is all I need...

So it comes down to finding time to spend with GOD each day, somehow, I just need to be refreshed in His presence. I understand now why Jesus pulled away and prayed all night to His heavenly Father when He had a busy day without much rest or time to pray.

It puts my affections and desires and will in perspective. Yeah the flesh may not like that initial pulling away for a spiritual thing, but recognize that as a birth pang to something much better as we seek Jesus!

Luke 9:23 "And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."

Jeremiah 29:13 "And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Matthew 6:6 "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Psalm 63:3 " Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee."

This comes to mind.

God sums it all up:

71578de239520f968a5b9cef4fd7d38f--inspiring-bible-verses-flower.jpg

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 16

8 I know the Lord is always with me.
I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.
My body rests in safety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.