Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You might've heard that I posted a prayer request for an interview for a job I really want. Now they are at the stage where they could potentially make me an offer but they need to check my reference. There is this man (my previous supervisor) who had been my reference for several years. I thought I could use him again. He was a really nice guy and had always helped me out. This time, however, he called and left me a vague message. I called him back and he yelled at me for using him without his permission. I misunderstood his message and thought he was giving consent but apparently that wasn't the case and for some reason, he got incredibly offended by the misunderstanding. I don't understand the issue as I had always checked with him once awhile to make sure it was okay. Maybe this time he didn't specifically say it was okay, but he didn't specifically say not okay either. Like I indicated, his message was vague which led to some misunderstanding.

Yes, I know, if God gives me the job, He would give it to me regardless of whether I have this person as my reference. However, I am more hurt about this guy yelling at me more than anything. It just brought insecurity in me because I've been battling with this issue with my insecurity and whenever I get yelled at, I would cry because I would think I was a terrible person who did something wrong. Like this time, the people around me told me he was probably just in a bad mood, but I can't help thinking that it was personal and that I was stupid enough to misunderstand his message and thinking he would be my reference again.

Please ask God to help me deal with my insecurity issues, and please ask God to give me this job even after this terrible incident. I have since switched references but I don't know what the company would think. I don't even want to worry about something that is outside my control either. I want this job a lot and all I can do is bring it to God and have God decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.