Recently joined the church of Christ...

Jan 17, 2013
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
And I have to say it's the best decision I've ever made! The people at the church are very helpful. They know all I need to know and they are good influential people to be around, I spend most of my time with them now and am willing to do all I can for my church. Anyone else attend a church of Christ? And if so what do you think?

B

bbbbbbb

Just a heads up, this is the board for the United Church of Christ not the Churches of Christ. As to your question, I have attended a number of Church of Christ funerals, but that's about it. Thing that struck me was the a capella singing.

There are two major varieties of the churches of Christ - those that forbid the use of instrumental accompaniment to singing and those that do not.

There is a world of difference between the United Church of Christ and the Churches of Christ. I think the original poster should be directed to the Restoration board here where he will find members of the Church of Christ, although that board has been quite dormant for some time.

Upvote 0

shawnavery

this space for rent
Sep 2, 2013
christiana PA
✟8,148.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And I have to say it's the best decision I've ever made! The people at the church are very helpful. They know all I need to know and they are good influential people to be around, I spend most of my time with them now and am willing to do all I can for my church. Anyone else attend a church of Christ? And if so what do you think?

Well I'm glad you found a church you feel right with. May you grow in Christ with your new brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums