✟9,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I'm a 37 year old man and after being an atheist for over ten years, I have finally decided to become a Christian. I've continued to learn about atheism and Christianity and after reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, it convinced me to convert.

I'm interested in Eastern Orthodoxy. I'm about to read The Benedict Option by Rod Dreher and I know he's an Eastern Orthodox. I would like to begin reading about it and how it fits in with Christianity and how to live the life of one.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lee.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I'm a 37 year old man and after being an atheist for over ten years, I have finally decided to become a Christian. I've continued to learn about atheism and Christianity and after reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky, it convinced me to convert.

I'm interested in Eastern Orthodoxy. I'm about to read The Benedict Option by Rod Dreher and I know he's an Eastern Orthodox. I would like to begin reading about it and how it fits in with Christianity and how to live the life of one.

Thank you,

Lee.

Hi Lee;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Thank you,

Lee.
Welcome to CF. I am sure you will find lots of information here and helpful people.

You might like St. Basil’s subforum, where you can ask questions of the Eastern Orthodox:

St. Basil the Great's Hall

Upvote 0

LeeMills

Dec 16, 2018
Manchester
✟9,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Lee;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg
Hello,

Yes, I do listen to it sometimes. I shall check it out.

Thank you for your kind message.

Lee.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Thank you,

Lee.
Hey Lee and welcome! :grinning:

I've never read any Dostoevsky. Crime and Punishment interests me though along with The Brothers Karamazov.

I have finally decided to become a Christian.

What do you mean by this? Have you became a Christian? Just wondering

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Thank you,

Lee.
Welcome to cf!
The absolutely most important thing to know about the Christian life is that Jesus is our salvation from beginning to end, and everything you need to know about that is most dependably and reliably recorded for us in the Word of God, the Bible. The Lord be with you.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

LeeMills

Dec 16, 2018
Manchester
✟9,978.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Lee and welcome! :grinning:

I've never read any Dostoevsky. Crime and Punishment interests me though along with The Brothers Karamazov.

What do you mean by this? Have you became a Christian? Just wondering

I'm right on the edge of becoming one. I have lived like a Christian for many years and have educated myself for several years about Christianity. Crime and Punishment is a great book. Well worth reading.

Lee.

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm right on the edge of becoming one. I have lived like a Christian for many years and have educated myself for several years about Christianity. Crime and Punishment is a great book. Well worth reading.

Lee.
That is good. For me living like a Christian starts after we confess Christ. I believe you have to have all your faith on Jesus to get you to heaven.

I'll maybe buy it after Christmas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tell all new believers to commit this to memory.

1 Corinthians 15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Upvote 0

J.P. Zaleta

Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2019
Trenton
✟30,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Thank you,

Lee.
Hi, Lee, hello all
Welcome to CF. You will like it here.:wave: :sohappy:
Thanks in advance for the new perspectives
you will bring to the table.

You have made choices and have taken action
on them. That's one of the best thing anyone can do
to keep life exciting. Keep up the good work!:oldthumbsup:

We can make a choice to, "follow Him," say,
by visiting the fatherless or widow, thereby
practicing pure religion. Or we can feed the hungry
or cloth the naked as our manner of following...

But we need to know, He choose us from before
the foundation of the world.

Not understanding, His choice...
His gift to us, which is eternal life,
with no strings attached, starts us thinking,
we are here by our work and not His grace and love.

Keep that in mind as you explore Christianity.:pray:

Remember always be open to learn new things
from unusual places…Just the other day I

View attachment 255027

God bless
JP

If you want to talk let me know.

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Lee & I applaud your honesty in your journey to being ready to finally making a decision to trust in Christ to forgive you of your sins & be the Lord and Savior of your life & your desire to follow Him as His disciple.

Thank you, Aspzan, for your spiritual discernment in asking the right question.

Lee, I just finished writing out my personal testimony of how God worked in my life, in bringing me to a point of repenting & crying out to the Lord to save me & my desire for a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. I played the game of churchianity, was a Christian in name only but God was not fooled. But He was merciful to save me, a sinner, now saved by grace through faith.

Feel free to read it if you have time and others testimonies as well. Let us all know when you finally cry out to the Lord, to save you.We will be praying for you.

It is in the forum: Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by matisyahu8898 and the thread is titled, 'Why are you a Christian?' (page 2)

Reactions: Dansiph
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, Lee,

My name is Penny and I am a trained librarian. My favorite book is by a countryman of yours (UK), C. S. Lewis. It is Mere Christianity (1963). It was instrumental in my becoming a Christian at age 26. God bless you, and BTW, C. S. Lewis is a lot easier reading than Dostoevsky, my goodness *smile*!

Upvote 0