✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I interpret it to mean thatJesus is Christ"

Ed what it comes down to is that you are wrong according to the bible. I know people don't like hearing that but it is true. Check the greek of what Jesus said and compare it to the OT ;) Jesus said, I am God..even if you discount that there are tons of verses in which Jesus DEMONSTRATES with actions that he is God.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
edpobre said:
Receiving Jesus the BIBLICAL way.

Let's go over John 1:12 and try to understand what it is telling us. It says: "But as many as received him, to them he gave the RIGHT to become children of God, even to those who believe in his name."

Those who receive Christ do not automatically become children of God. They only acquire the right to become children of God. And like any other right, it has to be exercised in order for one to avail of that right. Other versions of the Bible say "... power to become children of God."
I think where you're becoming confused is in your tranlation of the word "right". The word rendered "right" here, is "exousia", which is a legal term that implies ownership.

In other words, you don't merely have the option to choose at some point in the future, you already own the rights granted an heir, or son.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.