California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
God did inspire. If you have a problem with that. That is your problem not mine. I am convinced of God in my daily relationship with Him.

I already stated I believe you believe that. But this does not address my question. Is it that (you can't, or won't) demonstrate God inspired the Bible? And if you won't, why? You have the chance to change lives here.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I already stated I believe you believe that. But this does not address my question. Is it that (you can't, or won't) demonstrate God inspired the Bible? And if you won't, why? You have the chance to change lives here.
You want me to prove the Bible is true. I believe by faith. I am not trying convince anyone.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I have faith I'm going to win the Lotto next week. Is that reliable?
The lotto has no power. Jesus has all power. To break every chain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
You want me to prove the Bible is true. I believe by faith. I am not trying convince anyone.

I'll ask my simple question, yet for a third time. And again, remember, you have the power to change lives here.

Is it that you can't prove the Bible is God inspired, or you won't?

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
The lotto has no power. Jesus has all power. To break every chain.

Stay with me here. You stated faith is "the most reliable thing in the universe."

If this is the case, I ask you... Can I reliably apply faith elsewhere? Because if I cannot, then we need to examine your prior assertion, don't we?

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Stay with me here. You stated faith is "the most reliable thing in the universe."

If this is the case, I ask you... Can I reliably apply faith elsewhere? Because if I cannot, then we need to examine your prior assertion, don't we?
Ok Faith in Jesus. I stand corrected.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Would you please define for me your definition of 'faith in Jesus'?
Faith in Who Jesus said He is. I believe the testimony of Jesus Christ. Which is why I believe the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
How did He save your life? How do you know it was Him whom saved your life?
I was 22 years old never prayed, never believed in a spirit world at all. I went to Sydney MT to stay with my mom and her boyfriend. Got a job working for him on his ranch.

I was staying in his son's room, who lived with his mom in CO. There was a wedgie board in closet. I never missed with anything like that before. The board spelled out wanted me to hurt people. I knew that was evil so I said no that is evil. Then board spelled out was going to kill me that night.

I was so scared the scaredest I have ever been. I got on my knees and asked God please send Your angel to protect me I don't want to die. A peace came over me and I was able to go to sleep.

The next morning I woke up with a craving to read the Bible. There was not one in the whole house. 2 days later my mom took to second hand store. I found an old bible for 50cents. I started crying and sobbing when I found on shelf. I read that Bible morning, noon, and night for two weeks. While I worked and while I ate.

After two weeks my mom's boyfriend's sister invited me to her church. There was a woman pastor who was preaching on prodigal son and asked if anyone wanted to ask Jesus into their heart I said yes me. I accepted Christ into my heart and got saved.

I walked to every church in Sydney to get baptized and none would baptize me. Then I asked pastor at Assembly of God church, he said am having baptisms on Tuesday don't see how one more would make a difference.

So my mom and her boyfriend came neither had been to church in over 20 years. I got baptized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And again, remember, you have the power to change lives here.
Jesus changes lives.

Would you please define for me your definition of 'faith in Jesus'?
WHY do you believe He is whom He states He is?
How did He save your life?
How do you know it was Him whom saved your life?
Always another ‘how, why, what, would you explain’ question. Not for an answer mind you, but only to find another word or phrase to twist and distort, and use to promote confusion.

Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus changes lives.

Always another ‘how, why, what, would you explain’ question. Not for an answer mind you, but only to find another word or phrase to twist and distort, and use to promote confusion.

LOL. I appreciate the answers. Really, I do. But thus far, the answers appear unsettled/unconcluded. Lest the followup questions, to avoid misunderstanding. I'm trying to understand the way in which such conclusions were reached. -- To see if they seem reasonable to [me].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cvanwey

May 10, 2018
California
✟144,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Private
I was 22 years old never prayed, never believed in a spirit world at all. I went to Sydney MT to stay with my mom and her boyfriend. Got a job working for him on his ranch.

I was staying in his son's room, who lived with his mom in CO. There was a wedgie board in closet. I never missed with anything like that before. The board spelled out wanted me to hurt people. I knew that was evil so I said no that is evil. Then board spelled out was going to kill me that night.

Did anyone else confirm this with you? Who else lived there? Who else had access to that board? Was the board ever not in your direct sight or in your direct presence? Did you ever see the board marker move on it's own? If so, did others as well? If so, did you notify others, to investigate?

I was so scared the scaredest I have ever been. I got on my knees and asked God please send Your angel to protect me I don't want to die. A peace came over me and I was able to go to sleep.

This statement contradicts with the statement you made directly above: (i.e.)

-- "never believed in a spirit world at all."

-- "I got on my knees and asked God please send Your angel to protect me"

Seems to me like maybe you were already a believer of sorts.

The next morning I woke up with a craving to read the Bible.

Why the Bible specifically, when there exists a plethora of circulating religious doctrines out there?

There was a woman pastor who was preaching on prodigal son and asked if anyone wanted to ask Jesus into their heart I said yes me. I accepted Christ into my heart and got saved.

Well then, if you read your Bible, you would realize what it specifically states about the idea or thought of a woman pastor:

"11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet."

Just still seems a little fishy that you immediately turned to Jesus, when there exists so many claims for gods in this world...?.? And furthermore, that you only looked to one plausible choice, while claiming you did not believe in any of them at all.

Upvote 0