• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Reason of Reasons

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Tone, May 21, 2019.

1. Tone

Tone Star Fish Radiant Supporter

+1,270
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    John 10
    "14I am the good shepherd. I know My sheep and My sheep know Me, 15just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. 16I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd. 16I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them in as well, and they will listen to My voice. Then there will be one flock and one shepherd. 17The reason the Father loves Me is that I lay down My life in order to take it up again."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Messiah says here that just like He knows His sheep and His sheep know Him...is the same way that the Father knows Him and He knows the Father...

"I lay down My life for the sheep"...this is the knowing...

He lays down His life...not for nothing...not as an end...not without purpose...

Just like what and how He saw from the Father...a laying down to take it up again...an increase...a produce...a multiplicity...

He does what He received from the Father...a laying down of life "in order to"...

...Produce...

Just like the Father...

...laid down His Life for His Son?

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tone

+1,270
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Are there any other reasons given in the Bible for why the Father loves the Son?

3. Tone

+1,270
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Like the Father towards the Son, does the Son love us because we lay down our lives in order to take it up again?

4. crossnote

crossnote Berean Supporter

+920
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    When it comes to three eternal Persons all being the One God all I could say is...
    God is love...
    1 John 4:16 (KJV) And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

That's why He loves us. Nothing in us or good we do can earn that love.

5. Tone

+1,270
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You think that having a reason to love is an earning, as in an obligation to pay?

6. Tone

+1,270
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    One man buried his talent in fear...the others buried themselves in love...

7. crossnote

crossnote Berean Supporter

+920
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    God earns nothing nor is obligated to any.