• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Really need some help

Beef

Mar 26, 2005
✟8,039.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I dont even know where to begin...I for as long time have suffered with ocd/panic attks/ anxiety...etc...Pretty much all of it is health related. My wife is in the hospital with something similar to a strept throat infection...but it is in her lymphnodes area. It is causing her a great deal of pain, and I cant be there for her like i should or at least i can be there but am full of anxiety. A lot of it is very selfish...Worrying about if im going to get something and my mind goes farther and farther along into worry...then i get so upset at my selfishness and feel miserable. I just really need some guidance and help from you guys. I cant be a husband to my wife, if i have kids i dont see where i can be a father...im 30 years old and have been battling this forever and act sometimes like im 6 with the worry. My main go to person is my mom...she always helps me through it, but then God Forbid if something happens to her, then what will happen? I just really feel hopeless.

tripletiger1200

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound
Jun 23, 2011
✟8,151.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I'd try prayer to start off with. SSRIs are also something to look in to, although they usually take a while to begin working. OCD is hard man. God knows what you're going through though, and He loves you. Go to Him for comfort. Lay all your fears on Him and just ask that He fill you with the peace of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

myredeemer3

Jul 29, 2010
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hearing the comforting, nurturing, loving, word of God through our loved one's mouth is the "next best thing" to hearing them in our hearts from Jesus Himself.
This has been a huge issue between my husband of three years, and myself. My grown children call me for counsel too much in his eyes, when they need to be turning to scripture and prayer on their own. He is always asking me "what is going to happen to them when you are gone?".
I pray that you will exercise daily, your right to your personal relationship you have with God, because of what Christ did for us, through the Holy Spirit.
As hard as it is sometimes not to turn to others while they are still here with us, we need to learn to be diligent at turning to Jesus in pray first.
In my reference Bible I have found many scriptures of what worry does and does not do for us.
Here are a few, I will not post the words because I would ask that you pray for understanding and help from Jesus and then read them for yourself in your own Bible.
Worry chokes the Word....... Matthew 13:7, 22
Worry gluts the soul.............Luke 21:34
Worry obstructs the Gospel...Luke 14:18-20
Worry hinders Christ's work...2 Timothy 2:4
Worry manifests unbelief.......Matthew 6:25-32
How to protect yourself from worry..Psalms 37:5-11
Provision...Matthew 6:25-34
Promises....Phil. 4:6,7
I hope these help.
Remain strong in your faith.

Upvote 0

Peacedove

May 22, 2010
UK
✟7,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know it sounds very simple but we never conquer our fears till we face them head on. I understand this is a difficult thing to do (I have been there) but with prayer and determination on your part you can overcome these fears and anxieties. If you put your faith in any himan being you will be let down at some point. We have the most wonderful saviour, why not put your trust in Him? He will never let you down.

Upvote 0