Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the humor.

From your link

"University of Zurich and Princeton University physicists demonstrates that the universe – at least up to a distance of 3.5 billion light years from Earth .."

Ha...so we need to first swallow that one eh? That would also need to be know for the following..

"By calculating the clustering of these galaxies, which stretch nearly one-third of the way to the edge of the universe, and analyzing their velocities .."

Now comes some primo humor..

" the existence of dark matter is the most likely explanation for the observation that galaxies and galaxy clusters move as if under the influence of some unseen mass, .." (utter religion)

"Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity holds that gravity warps space and time, which means that light bends as it passes near a massive object, such as the core of a galaxy. The theory has been validated numerous times on the scale of the solar system, but tests on a galactic or cosmic scale have been inconclusive."

For lurkers I would ask the question...how would we know the gravity if the distance and size of an object were not known? And...why would we assume that the only unknown forces acting on far away stauff have to be that of our own invention...dark matter?

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are going to teach PhD phycists everything they need to know about physics! That should be fun to behold.

I actually do not teach those that think they know it all. They can slam into the dead end on their own and find out the hard way one day.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I actually do not teach those that think they know it all. They can slam into the dead end on their own and find out the hard way one day.

Oh, I am sure they would be very 'umble, as you delivered your lecture on the Euler-Lagrange Equation.

Upvote 0