• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Reading on Prayer

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by David Cabrera, Aug 18, 2019.

1. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+3,239
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    20190818_130449.jpg 20190818_130601.jpg

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+3,239
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    It made me understand how underated is prayer by us.

3. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+11,518
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    yep. with theology books you can know about God. with prayer you can actually know God.

4. AMM

AMM A Beggar Supporter

+592
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    Is that Nicholas Cabasilas's "Life in Christ"? Or a different text by the same/similar name? I've been meaning to read it - one book I have keeps mentioning Cabasilas and every time I hear something from him or from this text I'm very impressed

5. JohnTh

JohnTh Newbie

+89
    Greece
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Yes, Holy Fathers spoke a lot about prayer. I won't reiterate quotes upon the topic since your text is very good.

However, I think that most of the time we need a little order in our knowledge. Of course, we must be careful to not over-analyze the topic, however we must touch it just enough in order to help us better.
    There are several types of prayer according to their way of doing them and other types according of their intent.
    The most powerful one is Jesus' prayer for which we should use a prayer rope.
    Also, we must know a little about the positions during prayer, our disposition and how to avoid the wandering of the mind. Tied closely to this is the problem of using images during prayer.

There is a lot to say upon this, but I think that the above is enough as a starter pack. Besides that, what matters in prayer is quality but this comes through quantity.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List