Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you read the part where in an email to her, he threatens to commit suicide if she disclosesto her husband their online relationship? Which part of this sounds to you like being in the clear?
That was her claim. To date that email has not been produced.

Reactions: Jason Walker
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That was her claim. To date that email has not been produced.
The emails were produced and seen by many people and a simple google search can show you screenshots of the emails.
From Christianity Today article: Ravi Zacharias Responds to Sexting Allegations, Credentials Critique
Citing such concerns about “clergy sexual misconduct,” blogger Julie Anne Smith on Friday published emails given to her by Zacharias’s accuser back in February, before the settlement. Smith explained that she was greatly troubled that “a victim’s voice is silenced” while Zacharias was “able to give his narrative” in the lawsuit. “Nothing is preventing this from happening again,” she wrote. “... Unless someone speaks out publicly, this case will be lost in the shuffle.”

The images included an October 2016 email in which the woman told Zacharias she was going to disclose their “secret and its soul-searing shame” to her husband; in another image showing four short emails, the apologist appears to reply mere hours later by threatening suicide. “If you betray me here, I will have no option but to bid this world goodbye, I promise,” he wrote, according to the image, later calling it “the most dark and accursed day of my life.”

Smith removed the two posts the following day, upon the woman’s request, but not before “thousands of people saw the emails.”
Zacharias declined to comment to CT on the image of the emails showing the apparent suicide threat, citing the nondisclosure agreement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also, if you have nothing to hide, why would you sign a non-disclosure agreement?

So many red flags.

But I am not going to pursue this any further. I have drawn my lessons, others are free to draw theirs.

ETA: In parting, I wanted to say that I have studied the work of Mr. Zacharias and it has helped me a lot. I am grateful for his contribution. However, he is still a human being and as such, he can disappoint and fall short of expectations. The only one who will not disappoint us is God.

God does not expect us to never sin because He knows our sinful nature. I think what is expected of us is confession of our sin and sincere repentance. From then, we can ask for forgiveness and resolve to not repeat that sin again. I did not see that kind of unflinching honesty and humility in Mr. Zacharia's response, and it bothered me. But it's between him and God so I am moving on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jason Walker

Mar 21, 2019
Kingston
✟7,703.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Upvote 0

Jason Walker

Mar 21, 2019
Kingston
✟7,703.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Also, if you have nothing to hide, why would you sign a non-disclosure agreement?

So many red flags.

But I am not going to pursue this any further. I have drawn my lessons, others are free to draw theirs.

ETA: In parting, I wanted to say that I have studied the work of Mr. Zacharias and it has helped me a lot. I am grateful for his contribution. However, he is still a human being and as such, he can disappoint and fall short of expectations. The only one who will not disappoint us is God.

God does not expect us to never sin because He knows our sinful nature. I think what is expected of us is confession of our sin and sincere repentance. From then, we can ask for forgiveness and resolve to not repeat that sin again. I did not see that kind of unflinching honesty and humility in Mr. Zacharia's response, and it bothered me. But it's between him and God so I am moving on.

Where did you see Ravi Zacharias respond to these accusations?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
All we have an unsubstantiated allegations, and people are acting like he's suspicious? That's a bit too cynical. Keep in mind, celebrities and public personalities are routinely magnets for lawsuits and blackmail, not because they are guilty, but because they are vulnerable to allegations made against them.

Everybody, whether famous or not, deserves to be treated fairly, which means we should not engage in idle speech about them.

Upvote 0