Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
RaviWatch - A Brewing Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal?

Has anyone heard about this?? I have been a long time listener of Ravi Zacharias, if this is true it is devastating news...
I wouldn't worry about it yet seeing it is Ravi who has brought suit against a woman and her husband for an attempted extortion.
All kinds of snakes may be taking advantage of the present climate of sex scandals.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Remember, no matter how this works out, that we still live by much of the testimony of David and his teachings and his relationship with God. David was a confirmed fornicator and murderer. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. If we really expect that men who teach the truth of God are above the sin nature of man, then I think we're expecting more than any man can deliver.

So, for myself, I'm certainly willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt at least until this all plays out. But even then, if what he teaches is the truth of the Scriptures, then it is the truth of the Scriptures despite his being nothing more than a sinful man.

Paul, the greatest apostle charged with teaching the gospel and spreading it throughout the known world at that time, had persecuted and given authority for others to persecute the early christians. Despite Paul's admitted sin, for he even declares himself to be a chief sinner, I believe that in his teaching he spoke the truth. If any of us claim to be without sin, then we are liars. Perhaps this is Mr. Zacharias' sin for which Jesus died.

We need to be careful that we worship the Creator and not the created.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Your Attention Please
This thread was moved to the
Current News and Events forum
Please post according to the
SOP of this area.
Thank You

Mod hat remain calm.jpg

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I like ravi but if he is doing wrong or did wrong i really hope he confesses it and repents. and if people are falsely accusing him then they should stop that. if he lied about his credentials then he needs to explain why he did what he did (did he or was that a false accusation?).

he is supposed to be a representative for Christianity, I hope he won't let his fear of a loss in popularity or a lessening of his image in peoples eyes corrupt him from doing what God desires him to do.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am seeing multiple sources, but I hope you guys are right and it’s just an attempt at extortion.

Can you post other sources as the only sources I have found are heavily atheist and only use lies to discredit him. Sites like RaviWatch and Pathoes are not credible sources.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
RaviWatch - A Brewing Ravi Zacharias Sex Scandal?

Has anyone heard about this?? I have been a long time listener of Ravi Zacharias, if this is true it is devastating news...
One should never put too much trust in anyone on Earth because we are all capable of sin. We should also do everything to ensure that others don't put that in us.

Ministers should always point out that only God is worthy of our faith and should humble themselves not judge others for their weaknesses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Slash415

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville
✟9,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you post other sources as the only sources I have found are heavily atheist and only use lies to discredit him. Sites like RaviWatch and Pathoes are not credible sources.

Two Posts Containing Ravi Zacharias’ Personal Emails Were Removed: Why? (Updated)

What troubles me is the lack of response from RZIM. After they stated they would address it. There was also a overhaul of his bio taking down a lot of academic claims.

Finally, what is concerning is that it appears the alleged lawsuit has been settled outside of court.

I pray only the truth comes to light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two Posts Containing Ravi Zacharias’ Personal Emails Were Removed: Why? (Updated)

What troubles me is the lack of response from RZIM. After they stated they would address it. There was also a overhaul of his bio taking down a lot of academic claims.

Finally, what is concerning is that it appears the alleged lawsuit has been settled outside of court.

I pray only the truth comes to light.

The site you listed is nothing more then a blog and not a credible news source. Again if you want to make claims you have to show valid news sources like I have done every time a make a thread on a news story, not blog site or atheist sites. Now if it was settled outside of court does not mean much as we do not know what was said or done. So to say otherwise is nothing more then gossip.

Upvote 0

Slash415

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville
✟9,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The site you listed is nothing more then a blog and not a credible news source. Again if you want to make claims you have to show valid news sources like I have done every time a make a thread on a news story, not blog site or atheist sites. Now if it was settled outside of court does not mean much as we do not know what was said or done. So to say otherwise is nothing more then gossip.

The only site that I would trust with coverage right now is the Christian Post. In an article, they just laid out the situation and made no claims. They said they contacted RZIM. RZIM refered them to their FB response.

But you are right, I don't want to start gossiping about it. My intention of the post was if anyone had heard about this, and could easily disprove it. I hope we hear official word from RZIM soon.

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
^^^ i quickly scanned the Christianity Today article and I don't see how Ravi is now in the clear.

The accusations of misrepresenting credentials still stand. That's bad enough in itself. .And the issue with the married woman online relationship has now been settled out of court. That does not constitute being in the clear.

• Informative
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟230,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The accusations of misrepresenting credentials still stand.

This is probably a more common problem than is appreciated, especially when it comes to people trying to market themselves for income.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the issue with the married woman online relationship has now been settled out of court. That does not constitute being in the clear.
How is he NOT in the clear?
She was the one trying to seduce HIM, and now he is the culprit??

Upvote 0

Searching1God

Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How is he NOT in the clear?
She was the one trying to seduce HIM, and now he is the culprit??
So he says. If he is innocent, why would he settle out of court? Why does he need to pay her to keep her silent?

Did you read the part where in an email to her, he threatens to commit suicide if she disclosesto her husband their online relationship? Which part of this sounds to you like being in the clear?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Searching1God

Supporter
Oct 18, 2017
Denver
✟94,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not trying to gossip mindlessly. We are all sinners. I am a sinner. I sin everyday. The Ravi situation is a reminder to us all, or at least to me, to not get comfortable with my sinful nature.

And I think the community is doing a disservice to Mr. Zacharias by ignoring the issue and not correcting him, however gently he needs to be corrected.

• Agree
Reactions: Amittai
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So he says. If he is innocent, why would he settle out of court? Why does he need to pay her to keep her silent?
He was the one who filed the lawsuit against her and her husband. Who said he paid them anything?

Zacharias dropped his federal lawsuit against the couple on November 9, 2017, after the couple requested mediation in lieu of going to trial. Since then, the two parties have reached a private settlement.
Ravi Zacharias Pulls Lawsuit and Responds to Sexting Allegations

In that same article:

the couple previously sued a pastor in Ontario, Canada, for allegedly coercing them into unadvisable loans and investments. The couple asked for $1 million in damages, but the lawsuit was ultimately dropped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0