• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ravi Zacharias scandal??

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Slash415, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Slash415

Slash415 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Saucy

Saucy CF's resident Norse Irishman Supporter

+12,799
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    I would view the source dubious. They have a well-made website designed ONLY to discredit him, run by an atheist.

3. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,622
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I wouldn't worry about it yet seeing it is Ravi who has brought suit against a woman and her husband for an attempted extortion.
    All kinds of snakes may be taking advantage of the present climate of sex scandals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Slash415

Slash415 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am seeing multiple sources, but I hope you guys are right and it’s just an attempt at extortion.

5. Slash415

Slash415 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I read through the lawsuit and apparently this wasn’t the first time these two tried to extort money, that’s encouraging.

Anyhow the truth will always come to light.

6. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+1,893
    Christian
    Married
    Hi all,

Remember, no matter how this works out, that we still live by much of the testimony of David and his teachings and his relationship with God. David was a confirmed fornicator and murderer. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. If we really expect that men who teach the truth of God are above the sin nature of man, then I think we're expecting more than any man can deliver.

So, for myself, I'm certainly willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt at least until this all plays out. But even then, if what he teaches is the truth of the Scriptures, then it is the truth of the Scriptures despite his being nothing more than a sinful man.

Paul, the greatest apostle charged with teaching the gospel and spreading it throughout the known world at that time, had persecuted and given authority for others to persecute the early christians. Despite Paul's admitted sin, for he even declares himself to be a chief sinner, I believe that in his teaching he spoke the truth. If any of us claim to be without sin, then we are liars. Perhaps this is Mr. Zacharias' sin for which Jesus died.

We need to be careful that we worship the Creator and not the created.

God bless,
    In Christ, ted

7. Lulav

Lulav Congregation and Theology Admin Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+5,040
    United States
    Messianic
    Married

Your Attention Please
    This thread was moved to the
    Current News and Events forum
    Please post according to the
    SOP of this area.
    Thank You

Mod hat remain calm.jpg

8. Noxot

Noxot far away Supporter

+1,312
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I like ravi but if he is doing wrong or did wrong i really hope he confesses it and repents. and if people are falsely accusing him then they should stop that. if he lied about his credentials then he needs to explain why he did what he did (did he or was that a false accusation?).

he is supposed to be a representative for Christianity, I hope he won't let his fear of a loss in popularity or a lessening of his image in peoples eyes corrupt him from doing what God desires him to do.

9. Followers4christ

Followers4christ Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!

+674
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Can you post other sources as the only sources I have found are heavily atheist and only use lies to discredit him. Sites like RaviWatch and Pathoes are not credible sources.

10. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+1,086
    Catholic
    Married
    One should never put too much trust in anyone on Earth because we are all capable of sin. We should also do everything to ensure that others don't put that in us.

Ministers should always point out that only God is worthy of our faith and should humble themselves not judge others for their weaknesses.

11. Slash415

Slash415 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Single

Two Posts Containing Ravi Zacharias’ Personal Emails Were Removed: Why? (Updated)

What troubles me is the lack of response from RZIM. After they stated they would address it. There was also a overhaul of his bio taking down a lot of academic claims.

Finally, what is concerning is that it appears the alleged lawsuit has been settled outside of court.

I pray only the truth comes to light.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  12. Followers4christ

Followers4christ Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!

+674
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    The site you listed is nothing more then a blog and not a credible news source. Again if you want to make claims you have to show valid news sources like I have done every time a make a thread on a news story, not blog site or atheist sites. Now if it was settled outside of court does not mean much as we do not know what was said or done. So to say otherwise is nothing more then gossip.

13. Slash415

Slash415 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    The only site that I would trust with coverage right now is the Christian Post. In an article, they just laid out the situation and made no claims. They said they contacted RZIM. RZIM refered them to their FB response.

But you are right, I don't want to start gossiping about it. My intention of the post was if anyone had heard about this, and could easily disprove it. I hope we hear official word from RZIM soon.

14. Slash415

Slash415 New Member

+11
    United States
    Christian
    Single
  15. Searching1God

Searching1God New Member Supporter

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    ^^^ i quickly scanned the Christianity Today article and I don't see how Ravi is now in the clear.

The accusations of misrepresenting credentials still stand. That's bad enough in itself. .And the issue with the married woman online relationship has now been settled out of court. That does not constitute being in the clear.

16. Yekcidmij

Yekcidmij Polymath

+429
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others
    This is probably a more common problem than is appreciated, especially when it comes to people trying to market themselves for income.

17. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+6,816
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    How is he NOT in the clear?
    She was the one trying to seduce HIM, and now he is the culprit??

18. Searching1God

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    So he says. If he is innocent, why would he settle out of court? Why does he need to pay her to keep her silent?

Did you read the part where in an email to her, he threatens to commit suicide if she disclosesto her husband their online relationship? Which part of this sounds to you like being in the clear?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  19. Searching1God

+28
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am not trying to gossip mindlessly. We are all sinners. I am a sinner. I sin everyday. The Ravi situation is a reminder to us all, or at least to me, to not get comfortable with my sinful nature.

And I think the community is doing a disservice to Mr. Zacharias by ignoring the issue and not correcting him, however gently he needs to be corrected.

20. Dave-W

Dave-W Our six grandchildren Supporter

+6,816
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    He was the one who filed the lawsuit against her and her husband. Who said he paid them anything?

Ravi Zacharias Pulls Lawsuit and Responds to Sexting Allegations

In that same article:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017