• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  1. Oldmantook

Oldmantook Well-Known Member

+1,048
    Non-Denom
    Married
    So is it logical to conclude that just because SOME Messianic prophecies have been fulfilled, then ALL Messianic prophecies have been fulfilled? In my opinion, that qualifies as logical fallacy otherwise known as an overgeneralization. Just because Jesus entered Jerusalem riding on a donkey does not negate other scripture which states that he will return to the earth on a white horse. Thanks for the discussion.

2. mkgal1

mkgal1 His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33 Supporter

+4,649
    Anglican
    Married
    I know. That's what I posted (that you do not believe the millennium began in 70 AD).

3. mkgal1

+4,649
    Anglican
    Married
    No. That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm trying to relay to you that a "partial preterist" is one that believes that SOME (not all) prophecies are in the past. That's it. That's all there is to it.

I think you're having difficulty understanding my view, because you're making assumptions about what I believe based on what you've heard/read about a person that believes one thing similar to me (but that doesn't mean that my other views line up with that person or group). That's [part of] the trouble with presumptions.

4. Oldmantook

Oldmantook Well-Known Member

+1,048
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The problem is that partial preterism means different things to different people. It's impossible for me to presume, when you don't totally lay out what you believe to be literal and what is figurative in your estimation. One partial preterist may take something be literal while another partial preterist may take it as symbolic. That is the reason why I believe partial preterism is a flawed hermeneutic. Certainly not the method I learned in seminary. Thanks for the discuss and we'll just have to leave it at that.

5. mkgal1

+4,649
    Anglican
    Married
    Well...that's been my point. We don't all fit into a box (but I've also tried to explain that -against your resistance to believe it- you are also a preterist if you only believe Jesus was the Messiah prophesied about in the Old Testament). To be fair, though.....you HAVE made a few presumptions in this thread.

I haven't attended seminary - but I still don't think you're understanding what basic preterism is.

You're probably correct.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. Doulos 7

Doulos 7 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It isn't! We will be caught up to the Jesus on the last day! Note that this happens the same day that he wicked are caught up.

7. mkgal1

+4,649
    Anglican
    Married
    Where are you getting this idea from in Scripture?

8. Doulos 7

Doulos 7 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    All men will be judged by God, therefore the wicked will be taken up to a judgement of death.

9. Doulos 7

Doulos 7 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    All men will be judged by God, therefore the wicked will be taken up to a judgement of death.

10. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+1,770
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Rapture spelled backwards is Eruption misspelled.

11. mkgal1

+4,649
    Anglican
    Married
    That doesn't answer my question as to where that idea was coming from in Scripture....but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. gordonhooker

gordonhooker Franciscan tssf Supporter

+1,040
    Anglican
    Married
    Saying it twice doesn't make it so.... still waiting for the scripture reference... :)

13. Doulos 7

Doulos 7 New Member

+20
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I will answer you after you correctly answer my question! Where is the Denominational style of the rapture in the N.T.?

14. gordonhooker

gordonhooker Franciscan tssf Supporter

+1,040
    Anglican
    Married
    I have absolutely no idea what you are on about.