✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Masked_Chris said:

isn't there many refernces in the bible to having our bodies in heaven? I don't think male and female will be limited to souls, I think we will be man and woman both soul AND body, why would God change his plans??

Sorry for the confusion.

I did not intend to imply that there would only be souls in Heaven. But, that our expressions of masulinity and femininity are not body dependent. It is soul dependent. We will have fantastic bodies! Ones just like our LORD's! That because we will not be sexual in heaven does not mean we will not be masculine and feminine in expression!

That is why I gave the example of elementary school children who are not yet sexual, yet do manifest traits of masculinity and femininity just the same. These kids do have bodies. :) Right? Well, that's what I was saying!

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Can some one provide me a good For, and a good against, the rapture site, so I can make my own conclusion. I don't see anything about a rapture in the bible, other then verses that seem to just be taken out of context, but I would like to know one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
BigChrisfilm said:
Can some one provide me a good For, and a good against, the rapture site, so I can make my own conclusion. I don't see anything about a rapture in the bible, other then verses that seem to just be taken out of context, but I would like to know one way or the other.
These are 3 views of Rapture. A paperback.
Excellent expositions by proponents of 3 views: pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310212987/qid=1148323157/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-8261823-6454216?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

Thanks,
Ed

Upvote 0
S

SonicBOOM

genez said:

Sorry for the confusion.

there was no confusion, just debating bud:)

I did not intend to imply that there would only be souls in Heaven. But, that our expressions of masulinity and femininity are not body dependent. It is soul dependent. We will have fantastic bodies! Ones just like our LORD's! That because we will not be sexual in heaven does not mean we will not be masculine and feminine in expression!

A couple quistions, what kind of body did our Lord have? And second, how can a soul be feminite and masculine without the body being that also? It doesn't make sence to me

I think this is where alot of confusion comes in, we have no idea what heaven will be like if you get down to the nitty gritty of it, all we have is assumptions.

That is why I gave the example of elementary school children who are not yet sexual, yet do manifest traits of masculinity and femininity just the same. These kids do have bodies. :) Right? Well, that's what I was saying!

Grace and peace, GeneZ

I can see that, that makes sence:)

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
BigChrisfilm said:

www.raptureready.com

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
genez said:
The day I realized that God created our souls masculine and feminine it all clicked. Until then I felt a deep sadness that there might be no two sexes in Heaven. Both the male and female souls were created in God's image. BOTH! God's nature has not changed.

Grace and peace, GeneZ

Well that is a definate comfort.... I won't have to become male. Exciting too. All perfect males in heaven!?

Our God really is the God of the impossible! :p

peace (and ducking for cover) :D

Upvote 0

Datooine

May 22, 2006
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Yes; I believe in the Rapture. Although Paul describes the Rapture event in great detail in a few of his writings, Jesus also seemingly spoke of the rapture when he said that: "Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left," with reference to the end time (see Matthew 24:40-41). Of course, the word "rapture" isn't in the Bible because it is a Latin word meaning "caught up" and this I believe is clearly written in Paul's writings, among others, as other members of this forum have shown in this thread.

I think the debate is more "When it will happen?" than the question "Will it happen?." I personally, for several reasons, believe that the Rapture of the Church will occur pre-tribulation, that is, before the reign of the Anti-Christ beings.

Anyway, that's my view of the Rapture. My conviction is that it is a literal event that will happen in the future at the end times. But I encourage you with the Holy Spirit as your guide to read the New Testament in particular and come to your own conclusion about the Rapture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.