Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Those passages in Romans 2 are not talking about the same thing as the Galatians 3 passage - Romans 2 is talking about things back during the Law Economy; he is talking about Law keeping Jews who's Law keeping had been mere outward form devoid of any genuine inward faith.

He is talking about Israel's continued rebellion; his point in mentioning Gentiles being that even some Gentiles (these Law keeping Jews had been scattered out amongst) did things from the heart the Law approved of.

Study the history of verse 24...

Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

While verse 25 echoes Stephen's summary of his retelling of Israel's long rebellious history in their Law keeping devoid of actual faith...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

In Romans 2 Israel is now Uncircumcision...this is summarized in...

Romans 3:9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

Here that type of Jew is again...

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

That is this...

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

While, here is the kind of Gentile Paul is describing during his description of Israel's rebellion under the Law, in Romans 2...

Luke 7:1 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum. 7:2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die. 7:3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant. 7:4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this: 7:5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue. 7:6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof: 7:7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed. 7:8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 7:9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 7:10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

Paul does not get to things under Grace until the following...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

2 Tim 2: 15-18.

Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is indeed truth, for God said it through Peter,as quoted by Luke.

But one truth of God cannot annul another truth of God. And concerning Paul's "brethren according to the flesh, who are Israelites," The Holy Spirit said through Paul,
"Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers." Romans 11:28

I have already quoted MANY scriptures which EXPLICITLY say that this guilty nation will finally be brought back to its ancient homeland and will there be converted and blessed by God. And there is nt even one scripture, anywhere in the Bible, that even hints that this might nt actually happen.

Your argument is not with me. It is with the almighty God of heaven.

You may argue against Scripture.

But Scripture does not argue against Scripture.

Under no conditions or circumstances are enemies of the gospel ever numbered among the elect.

Scripture is unequivocal in identifying who the elect(ion) are. They are those of faith and obedience, saved by grace not race, members of the Church of the Redeemed.

They alone are the beloved.

Luke 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Romans 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Colossians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

2 Timothy 2:10
Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Romans 11:7
What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

1 Thessalonians 1:4
Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

1 Peter 5:13
The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You may argue against Scripture.

But Scripture does not argue against Scripture.

Under no conditions or circumstances are enemies of the gospel ever numbered among the elect.

Scripture is unequivocal in identifying who the elect(ion) are. They are those of faith and obedience, saved by grace not race, members of the Church of the Redeemed.

They alone are the beloved.

Luke 18:7
And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Romans 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Colossians 3:12
Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

2 Timothy 2:10
Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Romans 11:7
What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

1 Thessalonians 1:4
Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

1 Peter 5:13
The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Marcus my son.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall.
Actually, you cannot provide even one scripture that backs up your claim that enemies of the gospel are never numbered in God’s elect.

But your claim is based on a basic misunderstanding of the meaning of the word “elect.” This word, which simply means “chosen,” does NOT mean a person that has chosen to serve God. It means someone that God has chosen to serve Himself. It is often used in scripture of people that are currently serving God. But this word is sometimes used of people that God has so chosen, but have not yet surrendered to His call.

One example is Saul of Tarsus, a bitter enemy of Christ, whom Acts 22:14-15 clearly states that God chose Paul before he believed.

And the nation of Israel is explicitly called God’s elect three times in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, you cannot provide even one scripture that backs up your claim that enemies of the gospel are never numbered in God’s elect.

I've cited eight (8) verses.

Count 'em.

One example is Saul of Tarsus, a bitter enemy of Christ, whom Acts 22:14-15 clearly states that God chose Paul before he believed.

The chapter clearly reveals that God chose Paul after he had believed.

Do you think God would have chosen Paul if he had refused to believe?

And the nation of Israel is explicitly called God’s elect three times in the scriptures.

Israel was always comprised of two groups, the faithful and obedient, and the unfaithful and disobedient.

The former He blessed and preserved; the latter He punished and slew.

Which group do you think was the elect?

• Winner
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gal_3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Yep, if two passages look alike, well then, that is good enough, both are speaking of the same thing, never mind each their context.

No thanks, you can keep that standard mis-fire of a study approach subscribed to by far to many "Bible" students.

Fact, the context of Romans 2 is before the change introduced in Romans 3:21, while the context of Galatians 3 is after the change in Romans 3:21...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith TO THEM WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 BUT NOW the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Nevertheless, Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

:)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, if two passages look alike, well then, that is good enough, both are speaking of the same thing, never mind each their context.

No thanks, you can keep that standard mis-fire of a study approach subscribed to by far to many "Bible" students.

Fact, the context of Romans 2 is before the change introduced in Romans 3:21, while the context of Galatians 3 is after the change in Romans 3:21...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith TO THEM WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 3:21 BUT NOW the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Nevertheless, Romans 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

:)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Thank you, I have never understood that one concept that people misunderstand of "dividing" the word of God. I always understood it as understanding His word. And the bottom line to a lot of these things is that Jesus, all the apostles and all first Christians only had the OT and that is what they were converted by and that is what they were all studying. It is what Jesus explained to the disciples on the road to Emmaus to open their eyes about Himself, it is what the Ethiopian eunuch was converted by.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I have never understood that one concept that people misunderstand of "dividing" the word of God. I always understood it as understanding His word. And the bottom line to a lot of these things is that Jesus, all the apostles and all first Christians only had the OT and that is what they were converted by and that is what they were all studying. It is what Jesus explained to the disciples on the road to Emmaus to open their eyes about Himself, it is what the Ethiopian eunuch was converted by.

Personally, I've always taken Paul's words to Timothy in 2 Tim. 2:15's "rightly dividing the word of truth" to be referring to laying out aright Timothy's preaching to his hearers.

Question is, what is rightly doing so comprised of?

Paul follows his words to Timothy there with an example of someone who had failed to do that through said individual's having failed to note what goes where on God's timeline, "saying that the resurrection is past already."

Apparantly, the Apostle Paul had believed in the need to "rightly divide" between what goes where on said timeline.

In the following, for example, he notes a three-fold division of said timeline...

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

2:12 That AT THAT TIME ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

2:13 BUT NOW in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

While in the following he notes another one...

Ephesians 2:7 That in AGES TO COME to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Time Past, But Now, Ages to Come are not...the same.

As such, their study requires noting their distinct divisions.

Scripture follows a timeline...even demons know that much...

Matthew 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us BEFORE THE TIME?

Here is another obvious sense of divisions in Scripture...

Hebrews 1:1 God, who AT SUNDRY TIMES and in divers manners spake IN TIME PAST unto the fathers by the prophets,

1:2 Hath IN THESE LAST DAYS spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

And so on - Scripture is chockful of these clear and obvious divisions in time that laying the Scripture out aright necessitates a proper discernment of...

Matthew 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in DUE SEASON?

It is what it is, there is no way around it - regardless of what anyone who denies this key aspect of studying Scripture might ignorantly assert otherwise, even as they themselves allow for their own divisions between those things that differ in Scripture...

Romans 3:19 NOW WE KNOW that what things soever the law saith, it saith TO THEM WHO ARE UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

3:21 BUT NOW the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

2 Tim. 2:15-18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Luk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Luk 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Read carefully---what happens to those that are taken away? In the parable of the men and women taken---the disciples have asked where are they taken? The answer is---
Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. Eagles are birds of prey and they eat carrion, also.

The ones that were taken away in the flood---were those that were not in the ark.

It is the taken that are the lost---not those left behind!

I am starting to understand this as well. Is there any chance this has already happened? (I know this seems like a silly question, but I have my reasons for asking.)

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I am starting to understand this as well. Is there any chance this has already happened? (I know this seems like a silly question, but I have my reasons for asking.)

Don't believe in a secret rapture. It just says one is taken, one isn't, doesn't say they are not aware of what is happening. When Jesus comes, it says He will bring all the angels with Him, He will descend with a shout, and every eye shall see Him. That isn't a quite, secret happening at all. Nor do I believe in the 1000 year reign being here on earth. I do not believe Jesus will stand on this sinful planet until after the 1000 years and the earth is cleansed. Many believe otherwise. Makes no sense to have a 1000 year reign on a planet that has been destroyed by the brightness of His coming. It says the wicked living are killed, the wicked dead remain dead, and all the saved are with Jesus in heaven for the 1000 years. No one here to reign over. Satan and his angels are the only ones on this planet, this is his bottomless pit he is bound to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't believe in a secret rapture. It just says one is taken, one isn't, doesn't say they are not aware of what is happening. When Jesus comes, it says He will bring all the angels with Him, He will descend with a shout, and every eye shall see Him. That isn't a quite, secret happening at all. Nor do I believe in the 1000 year reign being here on earth. I do not believe Jesus will stand on thus sinful planet until after the 1000 years and the earth is cleansed. Many believe otherwise. Makes no sense to have a 1000 year reign on a planet that has been destroyed by the brightness of His coming. It says the wicked living are killed, the wicked dead remain dead, and all the saved are with Jesus in heaven for the 1000 years. No one here to reign over. Satan and his angels are the only ones on this planet, this is his bottomless pit he is bound to.

Many thanks for this. God bless.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The parallel passage from Matthew 24 clarifies the Luke 17 passage. In the Matthew 24 passage, it is clear that it is the wicked who were and will be taken in judgment first, while the righteous were (i.e. Noah and his family), and will be, left.

This is further confirmed in the parable of the wheat (the righteous) and the tares (the wicked):

Matthew 13
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

There is no rapture in any of these passages.

Upvote 0

HopeInJesusOnly

Sep 18, 2019
Home
✟14,230.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The parallel passage from Matthew 24 clarifies the Luke 17 passage. In the Matthew 24 passage, it is clear that it is the wicked who were and will be taken in judgment first, while the righteous were (i.e. Noah and his family), and will be, left.

This is further confirmed in the parable of the wheat (the righteous) and the tares (the wicked):

Matthew 13
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

And what happens to the one taken? Death? Do they live somewhere else?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Luk 17:37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

After the 1000 years, then comes the judgement of the wicked. They are resurrected to face their sentence. They will end up in the lake of fire. They face the same end that Satan will:

Eze 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.
Eze 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Actually, there is, just not in the way most think of it. It is the saved that are going up in the clouds with Jesus for the 1000 year reign. It just is not in secret nor is there any 7 year tribulation with a 2nd chance of salvation. When Jesus comes back---His reward is with Him. He gives eternal life to the saved. The wicked remain dead until the 1000 years. When Jesus comes back it is because He has said it is done and that is the end of time, His work as our High Priest is at an end, everyone will have made their choice---no more chances.

Rev_16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.
Rev_21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev_22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, there is, just not in the way most think of it.

To be precise, there is no pretrib rapture. When the word rapture is used without qualification, it is generally presumed to mean pretrib.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The one taken are those who are raptured...the ones not raptured are "left" which means rejected in the Greek not left as in "remaining/surviving"

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Isaiah 66 could hardly be more clear in declaring that after the Lord has come "with fire, to render his anger with fury and his rebuke with flames of fire" He will send the survivors from that battle to all the world, and they will send Israel's brethren back to the land. So the notion that there will be no one left in the world after the Lord comes in judgment is clearly incorrect.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I never mentioned Armageddon. That doesn't come until after the 1000 years. None of what I wrote is my theory---it is what the scriptures say--and it has not been proven wrong, you just will continue to believe what you will---and I will continue to believe in what the scriptures say.
And by the way---the sacrifices continued by the priests --- but they were no longer needed and ended at the cross. At the cross is when the sacrifices ended before God---not when the Romans burned down the temple. God rent the veil from top to bottom---end of story. It is God's timing that matters, not man's.

Wow! You are wrong yet again! "Armageddon" is the battle that will take place as soon as Jesus descends as shown in Rev. 19. It is before the 1000 reign begins.

Correction: it is what your preconceptions imagine the scriptures say. In short, your understanding of what you read is just NOT what the Author meant.

So you are a stickler for what is written?
Dan. 9:27 He will make a firm covenant with many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and offering.

he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease.
he shall cause the sacrifice and offering to cease
he will put a stop to sacrifice and offering
he will stop both sacrifices and offerings.
he will end all sacrifices and offerings.

It does not matter which translation you read: in this verse the sacrfices STOP.

Yet, in reality, they DID NOT stop when Jesus died or when He rose from the dead.

Imagining that Daniel 9:27 really fit what happened at Jesus death and resurrection is only that: imagination. It is really talking about our future, when the man of sin will enter the temple. He will NOT be a high priest, and he may well be a Gentile. In any case, when he enters the temple, it will desecrate the temple and the daily sacrifices will cease - stop, END. They cannot continue until the temple is cleansed.

It happened with Antiochus and it will happen again with the man of sin.

• Agree
Reactions: fwGod
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 66 could hardly be more clear in declaring that after the Lord has come "with fire, to render his anger with fury and his rebuke with flames of fire" He will send the survivors from that battle to all the world, and they will send Israel's brethren back to the land. So the notion that there will be no one left in the world after the Lord comes in judgment is clearly incorrect.

If that is your believe. It is not mine.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

If it does this to that Wicked one---you think any other wicked person escapes?

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

He does not make a full end of it---not until after the 1000 years are up and judgment is meted out.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The 1st resurrection is that of the saved at His coming. The living wicked are destroyed, the rest of the dead remain dead---there is no one here. The earth is destroyed and has a 1000 year Sabbath. Which goes with the land sabbaths God instituted.

Exo 23:11 But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still; that the poor of thy people may eat: and what they leave the beasts of the field shall eat. In like manner thou shalt deal with thy vineyard, and with thy oliveyard.
Exo 23:12 Six days thou shalt do thy work, and on the seventh day thou shalt rest: that thine ox and thine ass may rest, and the son of thy handmaid, and the stranger, may be refreshed.

2Ch 36:20 And them that had escaped from the sword carried he away to Babylon; where they were servants to him and his sons until the reign of the kingdom of Persia:
2Ch 36:21 To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: for as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years.

God set up 6 days of labor, then the sabbath day rest---the land was to be sown six years then a one year sabbath. The children of Israel had not kept the land sabbaths and it lay desolate 70 years during the Babylonian exile. It is 6 thousand years---then a 1000 year sabbath of the planet.

Upvote 0