Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I heard Mr. Waters knock on my door this morning, but I was still in bed half asleep. I would've called him back if he had left something legible for me to read. But in usual fashion for Mr. Waters he left two papers full of scribbling both on my vehicle and door. None of which had a return contact listed on them.

• Haha
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why is it that when you talk to the lost and Christians about big things; even impossible things that the lost are more apt to believe than Christians? I realize they don't properly believe in Christ (for whatever hangup that is) but some of them put Christians to shame when seeking to achieve the impossible. Why is that?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I realize they don't properly believe in Christ (for whatever hangup that is) but some of them put Christians to shame when seeking to achieve the impossible. Why is that?

Positive thinking isn’t a Christian trait. Non believers are more likely to consume self-help materials than believers. That includes books, quotes, training, etc. The common denominator in those resources is hope and possibilities.

~Bella

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟435,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
maxresdefault.jpg

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The latest social experiment I'm conducting here locally: Replacing words in conversation with people with other words that rhyme or sound similar.

ie: (at a local drive-thru)

me: "Did you put a pork in the bag?"
them: "Excuse me?"
me: "Did you put a fork in the bag?"

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just drove thru a McDonalds for a cup of ice water and got to the second window when madcap laughter engulfed me (Joker style) Anyway, I handed the worker a gospel tract as he gave me my water. I didn't look on his face but I could tell something got him due to his slow movements at the window. I was still laughing when I pulled off and remembered the front cover of the tract that read, "What if this was your last five minutes on earth?"

Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I made a thread asking for suggestions on where to place gospel tracts, and now I'm in the process of creating one. This will be the second tract I've made. The first I did years ago and it was specifically geared toward restaurants. But I found a picture on Google that I'm going to to get a graphic designer to edit.

Instead of a gasoline pic in the middle of the gauge I'm going to get him to put a cross and then direct the pointer to empty. And here is the text I was thinking about using.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does your life feel empty and without purpose?

Every human being was created to know the One who made them. And until that vaccum is occupied by the only One who can truly fill it, our lives will always be lacking and missing something. Sadly, people try to fill their lives with things that will satisfy only to find out that it leaves them emptier and emptier at the end of the day. The Bible says that such pursuits apart from God are sin.

*”...Whatever is not of faith is sin.” (Romans 14:23

And sin has a penalty

“The soul that sins shall die..” (Ezekiel 18:20)

My friend, once we come into this world we become eternal beings destined to live or die somewhere forever.

That’s why the Bible says we must be born-again.

Until that happens the Bible declares that we are dead in our trespasses and sins.

“As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. “ (Ephesians 2:1-2)

However, the good news is that God made a way for people to be brought back to God and that is thru the Person of Jesus Christ.

The Bible speaks of Jesus this way:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)

“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:14)

And He’s commanded every man to repent and believe the gospel.

“In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.”

What is the gospel?

It’s simply that Jesus loved the world so much that He sent His Son to die on a cross for mankinds sins. And on the third day He was raised to life!

Friend, because Jesus lives you can live too. But it first comes with obeying this report. God has promised to turn noone away that comes to Him! And if you do choose to repent and believe Him, He’s promised to send you His Holy Spirit that will fill you and enable you to share the peace and joy He offers.

“We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him." (Acts 5:32)

So will you act now? Don’t delay. Come to Him today!

“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:8-9)

Found a car gas meter picture from Google
Meter.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the goals is to have a briefcase filled with different assorted tracts for varying locations. And then carry it with me in whichever car I'm going to be driving. I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling in my life.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While most Americans celebrate the likes of George Washington and other founding fathers of this country, I have to say I don't esteem them highly much at all. And please don't try to tell me they were Christian's while at the same time owning and working slaves. That's not to say God didn't grant a few of them repentance before they died, but to say they were genuine believers during the time they were dealing with slaves is a farce. Happy independence day

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Finally finishing up on waiting on the Lord to teach me some things. Here is the result.
Tales of Mel: 5 Ways We Leak After Filled with the Holy Spirit

The great evangelist D.L. Moody once answered someone who asked him why he continually prayed to God to be filled with the Holy Spirit with the response, "Because I leak."

So I was kind of curious to find out what were the things that make a Christian leak so to speak. And this blog post is what I gathered from God.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dont get me wrong. I love God, but going to most houses of worship is boring to me these days. I feel like I'm meant for greater than sitting in a pew for about an hour while things are turned by the usual crank.

Upvote 0