tumblr_lmg0l42j5V1qe11kdo1_400.jpg

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'll admit, I do laugh maniacally sometimes knowing all the scam callers are unemployed now...

Is that wrong? :sorry: :eheh:

No, they're the lowest forms of pond life. Hopefully someone scams them out of their giro-cheque so that they'll understand the full gravity of what they've been doing to everyone else.

We all have to suffer a bit of breadline living and misfortune at one time or another. If there IS any justice in this world then it should be shared out equally. I think we're all done seeing the jerks prevail now.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was getting up to 16 robocalls a day on the landline at one time. It was out of control, lol. I ended up having to cancel my cell phone service because most calls and text messages were spam. I even had to mute the ringer on the landline after awhile.

I was somewhat joking before about being happy that the scammers are unemployed now. But, I do hope this situation causes them to wake up and get right with their Creator. These scams have destroyed the lives of many people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate the faith that people have had to write devotional books and commentaries. And though they are interesting to read at times. But why would a Christian want to read someone else's devotional when they are supposed to have their own intimacy and walk with God. I'm speaking to those whose only devotional is another person's book. To me, this really speaks of something significant in their fellowship with the Lord. God wants us in the type of fellowship that we receive our own unique word from Him. This cannot be accomplished if we're living our devotional vicariously thru someone who passed on however many years ago. That was their life. And even though we can glean things from it, that shouldn't substitute what God wants to give each and every one of us if we take the time to hear from Him personally.

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟453,365.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate the faith that people have had to write devotional books and commentaries. And though they are interesting to read at times. But why would a Christian want to read someone else's devotional when they are supposed to have their own intimacy and walk with God. I'm speaking to those whose only devotional is another person's book. To me, this really speaks of something significant in their fellowship with the Lord. God wants us in the type of fellowship that we receive our own unique word from Him. This cannot be accomplished if we're living our devotional vicariously thru someone who passed on however many years ago. That was their life. And even though we can glean things from it, that shouldn't substitute what God wants to give each and every one of us if we take the time to hear from Him personally.

Growing up I've read much and soon realized that's enough of reading others, I just want to hear and receive pure food directly from God what He wants for me. Then I kept everything aside and just waited and waited before God asking Him to speak to me. Reading and listening to others got me weary but the gentle revelation from God has always been sweet that I can never get enough of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I appreciate the faith that people have had to write devotional books and commentaries. And though they are interesting to read at times. But why would a Christian want to read someone else's devotional when they are supposed to have their own intimacy and walk with God.

Because no one has a monopoly on knowledge and many draw strength from hearing other’s experiences. They know they’re not alone or the only one who struggles.

No one was present when biblical events unfolded. We are benefitting from the forethought and obedience of its writers to tell the story. ‘You’ didn’t hear that directly from God. He communicated it through His servants.

If you don’t find devotionals edifying that’s fine. But they’re a source of comfort to many. If everything kept things to themselves. How would we support one another?

~Bella

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because no one has a monopoly on knowledge and many draw strength from hearing other’s experiences. They know they’re not alone or the only one who struggles.

No one was present when biblical events unfolded. We are benefitting from the forethought and obedience of its writers to tell the story. ‘You’ didn’t hear that directly from God. He communicated it through His servants.

If you don’t find devotionals edifying that’s fine. But they’re a source of comfort to many. If everything kept things to themselves. How would we support one another?

~Bella
The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. And I agree. If you find comfort or help from devotionals then help yourself to them. I'm sure that's why many people wrote them. (to strengthen the things that remain) And I won't take that away from them or anyone else that benefits from them.

But I stand by what I said, if a person's going to have a vibrant and very fruitful life then it's going to come from something other than chicken noodle soup for the soul. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But I stand by what I said, if a person's going to have a vibrant and very fruitful life then it's going to come from something other than chicken noodle soup for the soul. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Why stop there. Consider your calling. Why send you when He can do the same impeccably. :)

~Bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0