Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there any such thing - in genetic engineering - as an artifical mutation, which is directed and controlled rather than random?

Yes, site-directed, or site-specific mutagenesis. It is achieved during artificial replication of DNA, and usually involves multiple complicated steps like DNA cleavage and ligation. There is no indication that it happens under natural conditions.

Upvote 0

Zaius137

Real science and faith are compatible.
Sep 17, 2011
✟8,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, site-directed, or site-specific mutagenesis. It is achieved during artificial replication of DNA, and usually involves multiple complicated steps like DNA cleavage and ligation. There is no indication that it happens under natural conditions.

Just like evolution….

Upvote 0

Zaius137

Sep 17, 2011
✟8,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As you can see, population was almost constant (i.e. at carrying capacity) between 10,000 and 5,000 BC. A far cry from your claim of constant population growth since the flood.

No citation for where it came from? I see a lot of data points, were they from direct census data?

Upvote 0

Zaius137

Sep 17, 2011
✟8,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rick thanks for the links… But two of these were not in English. One is speculation on human population verses plant diversity and density (seems to be a doctoral thesis). The last one looked interesting but they wanted money for the complete article.

Upvote 0

Zaius137

Sep 17, 2011
✟8,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
CabVet…

Here is a population graph I Like. It seems that there is not much consensus in the world population curve. Sorry but I will not accept the evolution circular reasoning on this.

By the way here is the real research on population since Noah.

http://jewsandjoes.com/exponential-human-population-growth-from-noah.html

Upvote 0